LC Model (2018-present)

22" Rohana Wheels are in (little review)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-23, 05:32 PM
Zerafian
Pit Crew

Received 109 Likes on 38 Posts
Default 22" Rohana Wheels are in (little review)

Just in case anyone was curious, I wanted to give my two cents about Rohana wheels and the experience I got. With the kind of price you pay for 3 piece wheels on an LC, I figured people may want to know what they are getting into. Pics below

Overall, the experience with their customer service was good. I was able to talk to who I needed to, pretty much at any time. Email responses were pretty good as well. You also get any color or finish you want since they powder coat everything...freedom of choice for wheels is always a great thing.
Now, these wheels are the most expensive wheels I've ever bought. I typically go with Work, Rays or SSR, ranging from $3500-4000 in 19-20" and get almost flawless wheels every time. Going to 22" wheels, I realized was in a whole new category for manufacturers. Rohana seemed to be a good "middle of the road" company with a positive reputation. Under the price point of HREs (50-60% cheaper) and near what something like Savinis would cost. The wheels cost me double what I would normally spend and Id say I got about 95% there, in terms of the final product.

Prior to making the order, there was a lot of hype from the Rohana rep. I was told I would get regular picture updates as they were made and it would be a 4 week process, since they are in the states. Now Im use to 12-16 weeks and I said a few times, "you dont have to say that, I understand the time it can take to make wheels, I dont expect 4 weeks." They were pretty insistent on that time line so I just let it ride. In the end, it took about 8 weeks to get my wheels. Not sure what the extra 4 weeks was about but in the end, they shouldnt be telling customers 4 week turn around and make that a selling point if they turn around and double that time.

As for picture updates on their end, not once did they send me pics of the process, until I pushed a bit. I had to email them a few times to get pictures of the faces. I never got to see the faces out of the machine after cutting, no powder coating pics, no hardware, no barrels/lips, nothing. What Im getting at is they hype and advertise something they just wont do, so dont sit there and get excited about seeing your wheels get made because you have to hound them for updates, if you want them. I only emailed them once a week, on a thursday to see if they had updates.

Work, Rays, SSR, these companies dont say they will send build pics or promise fast production and thats what Im use to. So when Rohana tried to make that a real selling point, it sounded cool so they get me excited to see pics of the process. I had the expectations they set. In the end, its not a big deal but again, if its something they really push, to help a sale, they need to deliver that.

For shipping, well I updated my address about 6 weeks into the build, for them to go to my shop, which I made sure to get confirmation from my Rohana rep, twice. I get the wheel delivery a few days ago, they go to my home. Not a terrible inconvenience but a pretty big ****** up if they needed to go to a different state for some reason. So you have to confirm. reconfirm, and confirm again to make sure they get that right. The packaging was definitely good, no issue with that.

The condition of the wheels. Its gonna be nit picky but for $8k, I expect perfection on at least the part of the wheel you look at. Two of the lips, which is polished, have a black stain/ smudge on it that wont come off. Not sure if it was done while moving the wheel around or just something with the polishing step...but its there and permanent. So Im a little irritated they couldn't get the lips that are on the front of the wheel to be 100% mint. If it were the inner barrels, I wouldnt have cared but those were fine.

In the end, I would buy from them again but I temper my enthusiasm for pictures of the build or make sure as **** I would get updates on a regular basis, like they promise. Communication is super important and when I needed to talk to them, they were there to answer any question.

22" Rohana Wheels are in (little review)-na0ro4b.jpg
22" Rohana Wheels are in (little review)-ipo3m8v.jpg
22" Rohana Wheels are in (little review)-ybe1wtd.jpg
22" Rohana Wheels are in (little review)-tvhhgdm.jpg
22" Rohana Wheels are in (little review)-s0rzxto.jpg
22" Rohana Wheels are in (little review)-oiflpvs.jpg
The following 5 users liked this post by Zerafian:
Badhobz (03-24-23), bitkahuna (03-24-23), breplica (03-24-23), guanche2k9 (03-25-23), Meraki Autoworks (03-25-23)
Old 03-24-23, 09:14 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

great write up Zerafian, thank you.

buying custom wheels can certainly be challenging.

agree totally that a vendor shouldn't promise one thing and then under deliver (pictures, timing, etc).

shipping to the wrong place is unforgiveable.

Originally Posted by Zerafian
The condition of the wheels. Its gonna be nit picky but for $8k, I expect perfection on at least the part of the wheel you look at. Two of the lips, which is polished, have a black stain/ smudge on it that wont come off. Not sure if it was done while moving the wheel around or just something with the polishing step...but its there and permanent. So Im a little irritated they couldn't get the lips that are on the front of the wheel to be 100% mint. If it were the inner barrels, I wouldnt have cared but those were fine.
any way you can share photos of the smudge? since your rims have dark faces, it's probably not noticeable unless right up close?

but if it's something you'll notice every time you'll look at the car, for that price i'd be irate and want them fixed.

In the end, I would buy from them again
they look great, but from what you've said, and how it was (wasn't) handled, i wouldn't! there's so many brands of rims out there. bc forged seems pretty impressive?

when i saw this pic i thought you're leaning the rims against the car. i assume not.

22" Rohana Wheels are in (little review)-na0ro4b.jpg

your car looks awesome and look forward to seeing the rims on the car and your driving impressions.
Old 03-24-23, 09:49 PM
Zerafian
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
great write up Zerafian, thank you.
buying custom wheels can certainly be challenging.
agree totally that a vendor shouldn't promise one thing and then under deliver (pictures, timing, etc)
shiping to the wrong place is unforgiveable.
any way you can share photos of the smudge? since your rims have dark faces, it's probably not noticeable unless right up close?
but if it's something you'll notice every time you'll look at the car, for that price i'd be irate and want them fixed
they look great, but from what you've said, and how it was (wasn't) handled, i wouldn't! there's so many brands of rims out there. bc forged seems pretty impressive?
when i saw this pic i thought you're leaning the rims against the car. i assume not.
your car looks awesome and look forward to seeing the rims on the car and your driving impressions.
definitely a bit different. I kinda prefer going with less options and getting a bit more of a professional transaction. The faces were good, the mark was on the edge of the polished lip. I mean, only Ill ever notice it but its one of those things Ill always see. BC Forged was a consideration but there was something about these specific wheels that I liked. You know how it goes probably. You know what you want even down to the bevel on the spokes. The wheels are but theres microfiber towel between the wheel and the car. I imagine the ride quality may stay close to the same but the grip will be so much better. Going down to 30/35 profile so not as much side wall. Though they will have PS4s on them so the tire quality will be improved over the run flats. Definitely looking forward to getting them on the car though. Been a bit of a process, like everything is! Thanks!
Old 03-28-23, 05:39 PM
Zerafian
Pit Crew

test fit

22" Rohana Wheels are in (little review)-gtbxrxd.jpg
22" Rohana Wheels are in (little review)-4x6bxbe.jpg
22" Rohana Wheels are in (little review)-ef7qgxr.jpg
The following 3 users liked this post by Zerafian:
Badhobz (03-28-23), BS ISF (03-29-23), Eightk (03-29-23)
Old 03-28-23, 06:47 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

wow, they look great (fitment)... congrats.
The following 2 users liked this post by bitkahuna:
BruceinFla (03-30-23), Zerafian (03-29-23)
Old 03-28-23, 08:23 PM
IntrinoX
Instructor

Received 561 Likes on 329 Posts

Wow, beautiful LC!
The following 2 users liked this post by IntrinoX:
BruceinFla (03-30-23), Zerafian (03-29-23)
Old 03-29-23, 05:37 AM
BruceinFla
Intermediate

Received 158 Likes on 105 Posts

Straight on from the side shot please.

I woukd like, I think, some 2 tone aftermarket wheels. I'm wading through wheel pic threads here now.
I'm pretty overwhelmed so far... 🥺
Bruce in Fl
Old 03-29-23, 05:59 PM
Zerafian
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
wow, they look great (fitment)... congrats.
I think Im a bit of an idiot but I might have to toss some 5-10mm on the front. Gotta test turning when I get it back though. Went to shop to drop some stuff off and had a chance to check it out. We'll see! Thanks bitkahuna!

Originally Posted by IntrinoX
Wow, beautiful LC!
Thank you Intrino!

Originally Posted by BruceinFla
Straight on from the side shot please.

I woukd like, I think, some 2 tone aftermarket wheels. I'm wading through wheel pic threads here now.
I'm pretty overwhelmed so far... 🥺
Bruce in Fl
Once I get the car back, Ill take some random shots and a full side will definitely be in there! Ill be getting a photoshoot soon after as well. Whorin out pics all over!
I've personally never been a fan of monoblock wheels. I like 2-3 piece. The separate of the lip/ barrels from the faces. It gives the car so much more uniqueness. One thing comes with it though, a bigger price tag. I mean, you can get this face style from Rohana, in the same specs, for like $2500-3000 less in monoblock form.
Old 03-29-23, 07:23 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zerafian
I think Im a bit of an idiot but I might have to toss some 5-10mm on the front.
are you kidding me? looks already flush to me, you'll just likely add balance/alignment issues.

22" Rohana Wheels are in (little review)-ef7qgxr.jpg

Old 03-30-23, 02:30 PM
breplica
Pit Crew

Received 130 Likes on 60 Posts

Looks like you nailed the fitment IMO. I would lean a little to the front being closer to perfect actually, compared to the rear which looks a few mm into the pokey side of things (my own subjective opinion of course) but its a massive nitpick because overall I still think they look really really awesome
Old 07-02-24, 07:48 AM
mittpnyc
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What rim width did you settle on?

Your post mentioned 22" rims, I was curious as to what widths you went with in the front and the rear to end up with your fitment (which looks friggin' great)?

Also how are the rims holding up?

I see a few horror stories online working with this company but I am guessing they were the chosen few.

Last edited by mittpnyc; 07-02-24 at 02:04 PM.