LC Model (2018-present)

Rarity

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-23, 09:53 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,461 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Cooker883, sounds like an awesome road trip and the joy of going to the Masters. i went once, and it was a thrill. have also been to a British open (carnoustie) and the players (and arnold palmer, and others...)
Old 04-14-23, 07:24 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I have yet to see the convertible on the road …
Old 04-14-23, 10:05 AM
DudewithLC
Rookie

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

I saw an LC at a local cars and coffee last summer - that's it. I'm breaking necks out the ying yang just by driving around.
The following users liked this post:
355F1 (04-14-23)
Old 04-14-23, 12:38 PM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

We have many nice cars (lol) in our community i.e., Ferrari's, Lamborghinis, Bentely's, Astons etc., but there's only one LC that I've seen thus far, a blk/blk vert, and when parked at the club it gets more than its fair share of attention, which around here truly says a lot. The LC might not be very fast, but nonetheless, Lexus really knocked it out of the park with the LC, as it's still a stunner!
355F1 (04-14-23)
Old 04-14-23, 05:55 PM
Cooker883
Driver

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

“The LC may not be very fast…” I suppose in the Supercar world this is true. But manufacturers of hyper performance cars, if they’re responsible, are forced to create vehicles which come up short in the areas of comfort, noise, reliability, serviceability, economy and several other areas which compromise their friendliness and usability. I think Lexus’s decisions here are brilliant: the LC is extraordinarily usable, and user-friendly. Also, for what it is and what it does, inexpensive. And of course one step beyond the LC is the LFA. That one goes 202. But here in East Rupert, Vt., 170mph seems adequate.
355F1 (04-14-23)
Old 04-14-23, 06:22 PM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cooker883
“The LC may not be very fast…” I suppose in the Supercar world this is true. But manufacturers of hyper performance cars, if they’re responsible, are forced to create vehicles which come up short in the areas of comfort, noise, reliability, serviceability, economy and several other areas which compromise their friendliness and usability. I think Lexus’s decisions here are brilliant: the LC is extraordinarily usable, and user-friendly. Also, for what it is and what it does, inexpensive. And of course one step beyond the LC is the LFA. That one goes 202. But here in East Rupert, Vt., 170mph seems adequate.
Everyone knows the LC could use/needs more power to keep up even with non-super car rivals like the M850 which will trounce the lc in most if not all performance testing and still offer the lux gt cruise we all seem to like.Top speed is only one metric that hardly anyone uses in real life. The thing to remember is the lc engine is NA so it has to work much harder to make its 471hp (comp’d to its TT non-super car competitors) which I for one appreciate and admire about it. The NA engine in the lowly ford mustang gt is also quite nice putting out similar power and with the same displacement.

Last edited by NiceCars; 04-14-23 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-15-23, 12:18 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by NiceCars
Everyone knows the LC could use/needs more power to keep up even with non-super car rivals like the M850 which will trounce the lc in most if not all performance testing and still offer the lux gt cruise we all seem to like.
you seem rather ambivalent about the car you've been drooling over and have now ordered ('24 LC). consider me not part of 'everyone' as i couldn't care less if it can "keep up even with non-super car rivals like M850". there's always faster cars on the road. i consider my LC more than quick enough on public roads.

wasn't the m850 killed off by bmw now too?
The following 2 users liked this post by bitkahuna:
Beachtyme (04-17-23), DonC1 (04-22-23)
Old 04-17-23, 05:36 AM
silvernite
Driver

Received 98 Likes on 45 Posts

In the northern VA/DC metro area, there are a few LCs rolling around. I've seen a silver convertible in my area and a ultra white coupe.
L's TLS (05-29-23)
Old 04-19-23, 07:32 AM
jbuffett
Intermediate

Received 194 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Cooker883
PS. Mode selected was mostly “comfort.”
I did a rally last year from Denver to Moab to Vegas in mine, and on the return trip -- not spirited driving, just trying to get somewhere -- I observed 32.6 MPG for stretches in comfort mode. Didn't see a MPG difference between Comfort and ECO while just cruising, and Comfort was a lot more...comfortable :-)

I'm in Denver, and have seen: 2019 Inspiration coupe, 2021 green convertible, 2021 orange coupe, and one of the employees at one of the local shops has a silver 2018 coupe that is wrapped a bronze type color. Saw the 2021 green while out for a brunch date and we both lost our minds seeing the other.

Haven't ever had mine at a Cars & Coffee where another one was there, but I think that's going to change this year. Still not super common though.
Old 04-19-23, 07:39 AM
Badhobz
Instructor

Received 628 Likes on 334 Posts

There’s quite a few in Vancouver.

In my neighborhood there’s a red on black vert and a yellow coupe. Also saw a nightfall mica vert on tan but only saw this guy once in my area.

Across the city I’ve seen quite a few.
a red on tan vert, a few different color coupes.

Vancouver is such an affluent city we have more luxury cars than corollas so I’m not surprised there’s quite a few LCs around.
Old 04-19-23, 12:02 PM
EditrS
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Badhobz
There’s quite a few in Vancouver.

Vancouver is such an affluent city we have more luxury cars than corollas so I’m not surprised there’s quite a few LCs around.
Haven't seen one in real life ever. In halifax here. Dealer said they've sold about 3 or 4 in 5 years. So I'm sure they exist out here. I've seen a number of lambos, even my neighbour owned 2 at one point. New neighbour had a c8. Ferrari I'll see 1 every week or 2 in the summer. Maclaren I'll see a bunch. Also some nice i8s, r8s and other mixed luxury cars. Porsche daily. But still waiting to see an lc. First 1 will likely be when I take delivery.

The following 2 users liked this post by EditrS:
355F1 (04-19-23), Badhobz (04-20-23)
Old 04-21-23, 03:04 PM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
you seem rather ambivalent about the car you've been drooling over and have now ordered ('24 LC). consider me not part of 'everyone' as i couldn't care less if it can "keep up even with non-super car rivals like M850". there's always faster cars on the road. i consider my LC more than quick enough on public roads.

wasn't the m850 killed off by bmw now too?
I was specifically addressing another posters comment. If I wanted even faster, I would have gone with the M8C but found the M850 more than enough and not worth the extra ~$30,000 diff. If I didn't find the LC's power adequate, I wouldn't be getting one, but it would certainly be nice if it had another 50hp. I've also stated ad nauseum, I'm not getting the LC for its power or lack thereof comp'd to its competitors, but for the looks.

I'm not a fanboy like some others, I just state things as I see/find them, both good and bad no matter. I prefer being objective vs subjective on all things whenever possible.

No, it wasn't, and 24's are already being delivered.

Last edited by NiceCars; 04-21-23 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-23-23, 06:10 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by NiceCars
I was specifically addressing another posters comment.
you wrote "everyone" knows the lc needs more power. i disagree.

If I didn't find the LC's power adequate, I wouldn't be getting one, but it would certainly be nice if it had another 50hp.
sure it would be nice.

I've also stated ad nauseum, I'm not getting the LC for its power or lack thereof comp'd to its competitors, but for the looks.
the M850 is 4 inches longer than the LC but wheelbase is 2 inchese shorter. that's why the LC side profile is a billion times better, imo of course.

certainly fast, but rather 'boring' looking from the side, with the long front overhang too.

I'm not a fanboy like some others, I just state things as I see/find them, both good and bad no matter. I prefer being objective vs subjective on all things whenever possible.
i'm no fanboy of anything, no car is perfect, and no one is objective.
Old 04-24-23, 05:25 AM
CJinTx
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by autozero
We have a lot in Austin. I know 3 other drivers personally that have infrared over tan here in Austin and I get texts all the time of ppl telling me they think they saw me but it was someone else
I’m here in Austin area as well (mostly around and about Lakeway) and I’ve seen two up here- a gray with TC interior and a white with black. Both coupes. My 2023 coupe is NM/TC.

Would you be going to the Cars & Coffee at COTA on 4/30? Thinking about it… not sure if other LCs will be there.
Old 04-24-23, 05:55 AM
autozero
Pit Crew

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by CJinTx
I’m here in Austin area as well (mostly around and about Lakeway) and I’ve seen two up here- a gray with TC interior and a white with black. Both coupes. My 2023 coupe is NM/TC.

Would you be going to the Cars & Coffee at COTA on 4/30? Thinking about it… not sure if other LCs will be there.
Won't be at C&C but I'm usually the only LC at a meet if I do go in the LC. You should go and hold it down for us!

Quick Reply: Rarity