LC Model (2018-present)

LC500 Suspension Options

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-23, 12:56 AM
xfireracer
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome research. Thank you.

I have the Tien springs but I car is too low now after I added a full aero kit.

I am looking for a coil over with a hydraulic lift and I can’t seem to find out but it seems KWs have been installed on LCs in the past. The KW website does not show the LC being on the list of compatible applications but I found 2 examples of tuner cars with the LC hydraulic lift set up.

From the articles:

The KW suspension features a Hydraulic Lift System with a height adjustable spring kit, while the LC 500 rides on 22-inch HRE P101 wheels in satin charcoal with Pirelli P Zero Nero Tires.”

The stance is set by a KW Suspensions V3 coilover package with the added functionality of KW’s Hydraulic Lift System (HLS). Lift systems were originally designed for DTM race cars as a solution to balance aerodynamics; cars would be raised so that they could get through track sections that required additional height, and then drop down again for high speed sections. On Gordon’s car, KW’s HLS is used as a solution for speed bumps, driveways, and getting the Lexus on and off trailers.”

Thoughts?

Old 09-29-23, 06:29 AM
Badhobz
Instructor

Received 628 Likes on 334 Posts

^thoughts?
you created problems where there wasnt any before

Sorry to be a ****, but thats honestly how i feel about most mods. It's always a balance of usability vs aesthetics/performance. I too want a race car for the streets but this isn't it, it's purely a GT car, and any real modification you do can't take away from the 4500lb mass that this has to fling around

Full aero + and springs would make it look nice but then you'll be dragging that lip across every speed bump/driveway. So then you gotta get a full air suspension kit which adds more weight and takes away from our already limited trunk.
Old 09-29-23, 10:52 AM
xfireracer
Rookie

oh oh… you’ve opened a debate.

I agree about the air suspension, I don’t want to go that rout. The LC is a great handling car and I’ve had it on the track and I think a good set of coilovers would take the extreme softness out and add the control to make the LC a great mountain hugger despite its weight.

I also, think my car is too low and an adjustable set of RSRs might give me the balance of look/performance/drivability I’m looking for plus it saves the ability to adjustment via the factory inputs.

Originally Posted by Badhobz
^thoughts?
you created problems where there wasnt any before

Sorry to be a ****, but thats honestly how i feel about most mods. It's always a balance of usability vs aesthetics/performance. I too want a race car for the streets but this isn't it, it's purely a GT car, and any real modification you do can't take away from the 4500lb mass that this has to fling around

Full aero + and springs would make it look nice but then you'll be dragging that lip across every speed bump/driveway. So then you gotta get a full air suspension kit which adds more weight and takes away from our already limited trunk.
The following users liked this post:
Badhobz (09-30-23)
Old 02-29-24, 08:18 AM
Enzo954
Pit Crew

Received 109 Likes on 61 Posts

For those who have the Tein Lowering Springs, do you think that I would have clearance issues with speed bumps, slightly inclined/declined driveways etc.? I want the slightly lowered look, but where I live in South Florida it might be an issue.
Old 02-29-24, 08:28 AM
xfireracer
Rookie

Simple answer is yes. I love the look and ride but speed bumps are my nemesis.

Originally Posted by Enzo954
For those who have the Tein Lowering Springs, do you think that I would have clearance issues with speed bumps, slightly inclined/declined driveways etc.? I want the slightly lowered look, but where I live in South Florida it might be an issue.
Old 06-27-24, 11:53 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 377 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by xfireracer
Simple answer is yes. I love the look and ride but speed bumps are my nemesis.
What did the Tein springs do for factory alignment? Are you able to keep camber in spec or is wildly out of spec and requiring additional parts for correction?