LC Model (2018-present)

2024 Bespoke Ordering process

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-23, 05:16 PM
LC500SD
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 2024 Bespoke Ordering process

Apologies if this has been addressed before. I have used the search function and was unable to find solid information to answer my questions. Furthermore, the dealers here in San Diego have ZERO idea how this program works. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to answer.

My questions are:

1. In the US, how does the Bespoke LC500 coupe program work? Dealers here all claim they haven't done it.
2. Do they have to wait until the get an "allocation."?
3. How do the dealers earn an allocation, and how often do they come available for them?

Even a major major Orange County Lexus dealer told me today that Lexus doesn't order custom vehicles. I made it very clear that I was referring to the LC500 Bespoke program. They had no idea. I know that the 2024 LC Bespoke order books for the US opened just a month or so ago.

Again, thanks in advance,

Future LC owner
Old 07-10-23, 07:02 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

That's scary. I would try different dealers and salesmen until you find someone who knows what the program is. The good thing is you're in CA so you have quite a few dealers to choose from. In the past I have custom ordered an IS350 from Lexus Santa Monica, although I know a lot has changed since then.
The following users liked this post:
LC500SD (07-10-23)
Old 07-10-23, 07:18 AM
LC500SD
Rookie

Originally Posted by azmojo
That's scary. I would try different dealers and salesmen until you find someone who knows what the program is. The good thing is you're in CA so you have quite a few dealers to choose from. In the past I have custom ordered an IS350 from Lexus Santa Monica, although I know a lot has changed since then.
Thanks.

I cross-posted on the social media stuff, and got a solid answer over there. Of course, I’m open to other people’s experiences as well.

I did place an order about a month ago, but it hasn’t been “picked up” by Lexus yet to progress to a VIN stage, which is the reason for all my curiosity.

I WILL be joining you all soon..in some way or another. Hahah
Old 07-11-23, 01:38 AM
jbuffett
Intermediate

Received 194 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by LC500SD
Even a major major Orange County Lexus dealer told me today that Lexus doesn't order custom vehicles. I made it very clear that I was referring to the LC500 Bespoke program. They had no idea. I know that the 2024 LC Bespoke order books for the US opened just a month or so ago.
The issue is that Toyota and Lexus have done the allocation / defined spec for so long, that this new custom ordering process is a mystery to them.

My dealership in Denver had done one bespoke LC coupe before my bespoke LC convertible, so the sales manager was familiar with the process.

Find a salesperson at any dealership willing to work with you, then tell the salesperson to call / e-mail their Lexus rep to explain the process. Also, expect to pay MSRP for the car. You're making them do actual work, rather than just ask people what color they want their RX to be. So they're probably not going to do any kind of deal.
Old 07-11-23, 07:31 AM
LC500SD
Rookie

Originally Posted by jbuffett
The issue is that Toyota and Lexus have done the allocation / defined spec for so long, that this new custom ordering process is a mystery to them.

My dealership in Denver had done one bespoke LC coupe before my bespoke LC convertible, so the sales manager was familiar with the process.

Find a salesperson at any dealership willing to work with you, then tell the salesperson to call / e-mail their Lexus rep to explain the process. Also, expect to pay MSRP for the car. You're making them do actual work, rather than just ask people what color they want their RX to be. So they're probably not going to do any kind of deal.
I appreciate you sharing your experience.

I did place an order for exactly what I want on a Coupe and I’m in the “waiting for VIN” part of my process. I chose a pretty large dealer here in San Diego that was friendly and responsive. The deal is on paper with MSRP and no additional fees or add ons/required purchases.

I will share order dates, VIN issuance dates, and all other progress dates here so others can get an idea for the exact timing of the process.

Thanks again for all responses.
Old 07-19-23, 06:45 PM
4speedsarecool
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2024 Bespoke ordering snafu

I can confirm the 2024 Bespoke ordering process is well, kinda disappointing.
My local highest level (platinum is it?) Lexus dealer here in Fl finally jumped through a bunch of hoops that Lexus puts up and was able to do a mock order for me. It wasn’t easy for them and this is one of the original Lexus dealers in the USA.
So, the vibe I get is that Lexus advertises the Bespoke deal but likely would rather not have to do it.
My specific example was as follows:
2024 LC 500 convertible.
Blue Mica paint
White Leather Interior
Blue Top
Yamaha damper and limited slip diff.
Heads up display
New optional wheels

Lexus will not allow the yamaha damper or limited slip on the bespoke order. They tried and it wasn’t approved by Lexus.
Dealer thinks this is tied to the fact that the touring package is also not available in Bespoke.
What is crazy is that they couldn’t order the white interior with the blue mica paint!
What??? That doesn’t make sense to me (or to the dealer). But as of today anyway it’s not available with blue paint. They didn’t search another color so maybe it’s available but not with blue mica?

Dealer said there were 20 or so bespoke models in the US as of today and they guess these were ordered mostly by the dealers themselves as opposed to a customer as they seemed to have very similar builds (none in blue i think he said).
I could get the blue mica with tan or black seats.
I saw on the regular lexus build page that they won’t allow red interior with the blue either. So why bother with the bespoke order in the first place?

Now perhaps they are holding off on the white leather production for now, not sure.

But in my opinion the Bespoke build program is not really worth the bother. This is a big disappointment to say the least.

Cheers
Old 07-19-23, 08:47 PM
LC500SD
Rookie

Originally Posted by 4speedsarecool
I can confirm the 2024 Bespoke ordering process is well, kinda disappointing.
My local highest level (platinum is it?) Lexus dealer here in Fl finally jumped through a bunch of hoops that Lexus puts up and was able to do a mock order for me. It wasn’t easy for them and this is one of the original Lexus dealers in the USA.
So, the vibe I get is that Lexus advertises the Bespoke deal but likely would rather not have to do it.
My specific example was as follows:
2024 LC 500 convertible.
Blue Mica paint
White Leather Interior
Blue Top
Yamaha damper and limited slip diff.
Heads up display
New optional wheels

Lexus will not allow the yamaha damper or limited slip on the bespoke order. They tried and it wasn’t approved by Lexus.
Dealer thinks this is tied to the fact that the touring package is also not available in Bespoke.
What is crazy is that they couldn’t order the white interior with the blue mica paint!
What??? That doesn’t make sense to me (or to the dealer). But as of today anyway it’s not available with blue paint. They didn’t search another color so maybe it’s available but not with blue mica?

Dealer said there were 20 or so bespoke models in the US as of today and they guess these were ordered mostly by the dealers themselves as opposed to a customer as they seemed to have very similar builds (none in blue i think he said).
I could get the blue mica with tan or black seats.
I saw on the regular lexus build page that they won’t allow red interior with the blue either. So why bother with the bespoke order in the first place?

Now perhaps they are holding off on the white leather production for now, not sure.

But in my opinion the Bespoke build program is not really worth the bother. This is a big disappointment to say the least.

Cheers
weird. Lexus accepted my Blue Mica order about a month ago, with the white interior. Just waiting on a VIN issuance. The difference being that I ordered a Coupe, not a convertible. I wonder if that made a different.

who knows? Not a lot of transparency on the process.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here.
Old 07-20-23, 01:23 AM
4speedsarecool
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@LC500SD

Well that’s quite interesting you could get it with the coupe. Thank you for that.
I am visiting dealer today to look at the new ‘24 in red/black that just arrived. I’ll be able to compare the interior changes and the new standard wheels vs the ‘23 as they have both years there.
I’ll mention that the blue/white was accepted on a coupe.
Oh, did you request the limited slip? If so, was it also accepted?
Maybe it’s just not avail on the convertibles?
Just seems odd the bespoke version would not have all the bells & whistles as the standard version available.
Thanks again.
Old 07-22-23, 06:59 AM
Cdorsey
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered my Bespoke. 2023 in January this year from Northside Lexus outside Houston. The process was incredibly smooth and easy.They had to coordinate with their Lexus rep but I was surprised how easy it was. I was told it could take 6-7 months but ended up taking only four. I paid sticker of course but was very pleased to not deal with dealer mark ups and horribly over priced dealer add ons(tinting, Nitrogen, etc) that I see rampant everywhere. It was a great experience and I got exactly what I wanted for a fair price. My build was Mica Blue with the 20" wheels (I don't like the look of the 21's) carbon fiber wing and premium sound. It's not a particularly exotic build but since I didn't want the 21" wheels and I was a big fan of the wing there was ZERO chance of finding this configuration. The dealer was incredibly on the ball and helpful.

Last edited by Cdorsey; 07-22-23 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-08-23, 09:11 AM
SpudsMcD
Pit Crew

Received 153 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by 4speedsarecool
Yeah, Lexus/Toyota apparently doesn't know what "bespoke" means. It means that if it is physically possible to add something you want to the car, they will do it. That includes mixing custom paint colors to match a sample you provide. All of the expensive European/British car brands do this, and they do it well. You pay through the nose of course, but denying LSD and the Yamaha shock absorber is just ridiculous. I'm surprised Lexus doesn't do this better. I read somewhere that in Japan customers don't really buy from dealer stock; in almost all cases they go to the dealer to test drive and inspect a sample, and then proceed to work with a salesman to configure the car to their liking and place the order, then await delivery after the car is built. So you would think Toyota would be used to custom orders. Here in the USA, of course, that is extremely rare, especially at lower price points. I've only ordered a car once, and delivery took four months, but overall the process was fine and I'm glad I did it (I wanted a BMW 740Li with a single option, no others, to keep the price down).
Old 11-08-23, 07:05 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

There's another Bespoke thread here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...te-option.html, and as you can see on post #1, on the 2nd picture, that order included the Torsen LSD and Yamaha dampers (not sure if rear only, or front/rear), PLUS the touring package. One '23 I'm considering buying, has the spoiler, but nothing else from the performance package. So unless something changed for '24, you should be able to order anything you want that is available on any of the packages. What sucks is you're stuck with the paltry 3 interior combos (I don't particularly like any of them), and a 'custom' blue/white for '24.

Last edited by JCtx; 11-08-23 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-08-23, 08:06 PM
GRWlex
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JCtx
There's another Bespoke thread here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...te-option.html, and as you can see on post #1, on the 2nd picture, that order included the Torsen LSD and Yamaha dampers (not sure if rear only, or front/rear), PLUS the touring package. One '23 I'm considering buying, has the spoiler, but nothing else from the performance package. So unless something changed for '24, you should be able to order anything you want that is available on any of the packages. What sucks is you're stuck with the paltry 3 interior combos (I don't particularly like any of them), and a 'custom' blue/white for '24.
I always thought the rear steering was not available on the Bespoke, and only came with the Sport package. The 2023 bespoke page allowed you to configure a car, but that went away for 2024, where it just has some samples pictures and such and a link to contact a dealer.
Old 11-08-23, 08:36 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,510 Likes on 1,650 Posts

Originally Posted by GRWlex
I always thought the rear steering was not available on the Bespoke, and only came with the Sport package. The 2023 bespoke page allowed you to configure a car, but that went away for 2024, where it just has some samples pictures and such and a link to contact a dealer.
rear steer is only on the dynamic handling package, plus vgrs.
Old 11-09-23, 07:34 AM
LC500SD
Rookie

I ended up cancelling my order due to it not moving.

Found an almost identical "Bespoke" build, but with a carbon fiber roof as well, and I'm picking it up on Saturday!

Ended up getting:

USBM2.0 Coupe
-White/blue interior
-Bespoke Build package
-Leather seats
-All weather
-Dark Chrome exterior trim
-21 in Forged Bespoke Alloys
-HUD
-Mark Levinson
-Speed activated wing
-Carbon scuff plates
-Carbon Roof
-All weather liners w/ trunk
-USB kit
-Cargo net
-key glove

I paid for the car and haven't seen it in person or driven it yet. So, technically its mine, I just haven't seen it yet. Pick it up Saturday!

Thanks to everyone on this board for the bits of advice on picking one of these up.
Old 11-09-23, 10:18 AM
Barncobob
Intermediate

Received 180 Likes on 115 Posts

how did you find it?

Quick Reply: 2024 Bespoke Ordering process