LC Model (2018-present)

The next LC 500 for 2026?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-23, 06:54 AM
NickL
Racer

Received 428 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorGreg
Well I see your point - unless you have to have a convertible or a coupe for some reason then I agree not much point in going from one Lexus with the 5.0 to another Lexus with the same 5.0. Although I must say, and I don’t mean this to be offensive, the GS-F is ultimately just a 4 door sedan, albeit extremely high quality, fast, super rare, and pretty good looking for a sedan.

But IMHO the LC500 is on a totally different level of gorgeousness compared to any sedan. I doubt I would even notice if a GS-F passed me unless it was in some super loud color or had the engine revving up, but the other day I saw a dark grey (Smokey granite?) LC500 coupe driving about 100 feet ahead of me a lane over and I couldn’t take my eyes off it - so far it’s the only other LC I’ve seen in the wild since getting mine. As I wrote the other day, my old C8 Corvette made me feel like a NASCAR star, but the LC makes me feel like a rock star
Well, you can say that to all the high performance sedans. M3, M5, RS6, C63, E63, S65, etc. I can barely notice an M5 on the road with other BMW around it. All Audi look the same except for their R8. All BMW looks the same except the new hideous looking electrified BMW. The LC500 look does stick out.
The LC500 has been a very complicated vehicle for me to decide on. I’ve looked at it year after year and test drive after test drive. It just one of those thing that I know it’s not right for me, but I still want it. First, I just can’t get over how big the damn vehicle is and still no space for anything. The trunk is non-useable for the most part. The backseats are also tight to get a child in. The coupe is more manageable, but the convertible is downright hard to live it. I’m just not sure how I’m going to feel after the initial honeymoon is over.
I see most new people on here all excited about their new LC. But after 6-12months, the same vehicle is on the used market. This is probably why there’s so many used LC500 on the market and not enough on the road.
To me, the LC500 is more of a toy car. And as a toy car, I want to see more power and tech on it. Again, the NA V8 is nothing rare or special, it’s the same one on all the F cars since ISF. Just minor tweaks.
My GSF is not my family car. I have an RX for that. However, I don’t have to worry if I’ll be able to fit something from Bestbuy or haul all my groceries when I’m already on the road and the wife called to pick something up.
With all that said, I’m still interested in a ‘23 performance coupe. The change on the ‘24 interior is not my cup of tea. What a lazy *** last minute bolt on just to say “hey look, I have a touchscreen now”.
Old 09-08-23, 07:20 AM
Enzo954
Intermediate

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
Well, you can say that to all the high performance sedans. M3, M5, RS6, C63, E63, S65, etc. I can barely notice an M5 on the road with other BMW around it. All Audi look the same except for their R8. All BMW looks the same except the new hideous looking electrified BMW. The LC500 look does stick out.
The LC500 has been a very complicated vehicle for me to decide on. I’ve looked at it year after year and test drive after test drive. It just one of those thing that I know it’s not right for me, but I still want it. First, I just can’t get over how big the damn vehicle is and still no space for anything. The trunk is non-useable for the most part. The backseats are also tight to get a child in. The coupe is more manageable, but the convertible is downright hard to live it. I’m just not sure how I’m going to feel after the initial honeymoon is over.
I see most new people on here all excited about their new LC. But after 6-12months, the same vehicle is on the used market. This is probably why there’s so many used LC500 on the market and not enough on the road.
To me, the LC500 is more of a toy car. And as a toy car, I want to see more power and tech on it. Again, the NA V8 is nothing rare or special, it’s the same one on all the F cars since ISF. Just minor tweaks.
My GSF is not my family car. I have an RX for that. However, I don’t have to worry if I’ll be able to fit something from Bestbuy or haul all my groceries when I’m already on the road and the wife called to pick something up.
With all that said, I’m still interested in a ‘23 performance coupe. The change on the ‘24 interior is not my cup of tea. What a lazy *** last minute bolt on just to say “hey look, I have a touchscreen now”.
Damn...after reading this you make me want to sell my LC. I never realized how ordinary and unusable it was until now.
The following 2 users liked this post by Enzo954:
finny76 (01-22-24), LC500SD (11-16-23)
Old 01-19-24, 03:25 PM
Wreck111
7th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorGreg
Yes they are but the 5.0 is an absolute perfect match for this car and its mission as a GT. I traded in my C8 Corvette which had 495 hp and could do 0-60 in under 3 sec and the 1/4 mile in the 11’s and I don’t miss it one bit. The LC’s engine note sounds like a symphonic instrument - it sounds so good some random dude asked me if my car was an LFA “with the V10” the other night, LOL.

Also, if you really must have faster acceleration, for about $4K you can swap in the LC500h’s 3.13:1 rear diff (compared to the LC500’s stock 2.93:1 rear diff) and this will significantly improve the acceleration of the LC500 by about 3 or 4 tenths of a second from 0-60. See the sticky thread for details. While $4K may seem like a lot, remember that there are guys paying almost double the price of a regular Corvette to get the Z06 version which only improves 0-60 by about 3 tenths of a second from 2.9 to 2.6, so $4K is actually a bargain

As far as the 2024 touch screen goes I can live without it especially since it gets rid of the CD player (which I actually use ) and the cool clock and you’re right the new screen looks out of place and ruins the feng shui of the original design. My phone is always plugged in charging so having wireless Apple play is of no benefit to me - I’m usually listening to XM, CD’s, or the glorious engine anyway.

And yes it has been around since 2018 but there are so few of them on the road the design still seems fresh IMO. I believe Lexus has sold only about 1,500 per year roughly - in contrast, Chevy has sold OVER 50,000 C8 Corvettes just in the 2023 model year alone! When I’m driving my LC I feel like I’m driving a concept car that hasn’t even been released to the general public yet - so I say go for it!

Greg
You could not have said it better. I went from a Ferrari California T to a C8 cab to a Porsche , still have the Porsche. Then my LC 2023. This car is a keeper. I could car less about 0-60 or back roads. In Hilton Head I can fly. The LC cab is the perfect car. Im not concerned with how many miles i put on it as it will run forever. Let them pull the plug.

Last edited by Wreck111; 01-19-24 at 03:28 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Wreck111:
asong1 (01-20-24), Edvall (03-07-24)
Old 01-20-24, 08:14 AM
asong1
Intermediate

Received 117 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by jbuffett
From the article:

The way this reads is: the RC is being replaced by this car, the LC is simply being discontinued. Which would be surprising since Lexus just put in the effort to redesign the interior, and normally lets a change like that go for 3-4 years before refreshing or discontinuing a vehicle.
I based on my previous experience in the industry, typical duration for a design / design change can range anywhere between 3 - 7 years. Has to do with suppliers' ROI for the said parts, and the internal cost to re-test and re-certify the component changes with various different agencies and boards. I really think that Toyota has changed a bit to give people what they want (just a little bit). Before, Toyota is one of the most conservative companies that do not change what is not considered broken for cost cutting & quality assurance sake. Even the incremental changes are usually only based on motor, chassis & electric components (not for functions, but safety mostly).

Having said all this, I was EXTREMELY surprised when Toyota / Lexus redesigned the controls and infotainmnt for the GX 460(basically the whole console below the dashboard was redesigned) only for a 2 more years of run (22 & 23 GX 460). Regarding the GX & LC interior updates, this could be their way of celebrating the final V8 and make it a bit more future-proofed for those interested in buyng / collecting the vehicles with the these naturally aspirated V8. May not be true, but kinda 'romantic' to think about it from Toyota's point of view.
Old 01-20-24, 08:20 AM
asong1
Intermediate

Received 117 Likes on 80 Posts

@Wreck111 Nice stable! My sentiments exactly. Don't care about the 0-60 or anything numbers related. I am so happy with my 24 LC. Will take good care of the car as it will be my forever car. When I sit in this car, it makes me feel like a million bucks. Much more expensive cars that I have do not deliver this experience, unless you're going 8000+ RPMs on other sports cars. LC is a truly a masterpiece, delivering exactly what they aspired to deliver when making this vehicle.
The following 2 users liked this post by asong1:
mycool307 (01-20-24), SunCruzin (01-20-24)
Old 03-07-24, 02:10 PM
Edvall
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You are right. I have owned a Porsche 911, Mercedes AMG GT, and now still leasing a 2022 BMW M550i. Though I had issues with the 911 and AMG, the BMW so far is driving fine. I ordered the 2024 LC500 coupe with all options in a bespoke build Ultrasonic blue mica 2.0 and white and blue interior and the car will be here in May. 911 was fun to drive but I had fuel pump and other electronic issues.
Old 03-07-24, 06:48 PM
mycool307
Rookie

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Edvall
You are right. I have owned a Porsche 911, Mercedes AMG GT, and now still leasing a 2022 BMW M550i. Though I had issues with the 911 and AMG, the BMW so far is driving fine. I ordered the 2024 LC500 coupe with all options in a bespoke build Ultrasonic blue mica 2.0 and white and blue interior and the car will be here in May. 911 was fun to drive but I had fuel pump and other electronic issues.
I'm not a blue guy per se, but I just saw that color at the auto show, all I can say is WOW! Absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations!
Old 03-07-24, 07:31 PM
Edvall
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mycool307
I'm not a blue guy per se, but I just saw that color at the auto show, all I can say is WOW! Absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations!
Thank you, I could not decide between Inferred, blue, yellow, and Cavier (black), just went with blue and might be rare on the LC500.
The following 2 users liked this post by Edvall:
finny76 (03-08-24), mycool307 (03-08-24)
Old 03-08-24, 08:30 AM
ragabnh
Intermediate

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Reading this thread from the beginning, the GSF is a nice car, but I never considered buying as it looks boring and it is difficult to fall in love with. The LC is completely different car and is much more than any GSF can offer, I have owned 08 MB SL600 with the twin turbo V12 and it was powerful like no other car I have owned, and 14 Porsche 911 GTS which was a great coupe and a joy to drive, but somehow I really admire the LC500 more, the whole package is better to live with and the driving experience to me is equal to the Porsche.
Old 03-08-24, 11:33 AM
Pit Crew

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

It's interesting, I have no ownership experience of what I would consider "performance" vehicles up till now (LC500C). I've seen plenty of customers high end vehicles, but have not driven them (most people who can own private jets usually have decent vehicles). All I know is since I first saw the LC at the Auto Show in Detroit, I was hooked. I finally purchased one this month and like many have said, it creates a smile just looking at it. Sometimes I open the garage door just to see it (yea, crazy). For me, sitting inside is like putting on a fine watch, it emanates a feeling that's hard to explain. That said, I also like the fact that it isn't as ostentatious as some vehicles, but the sound sure does give it away. Interesting story; I once owned the IS250C in red, seemed like at every light someone wanted to race. So far, it hasn't happened in the LC and I'm fine with that.
The following 2 users liked this post by 2959:
AutoCrazy (03-09-24), BruceinFla (03-09-24)
Old 04-02-24, 05:58 AM
Veight
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 40 Posts
Default 7 years.

8 years? I’m only counting 7. 2018,19,20,21,22,23,24. I Assume Lexus is done with basically the exact same car for 7 years. Say goodbye to the naturally aspirated V8.

Originally Posted by Vitveet
No, the LC is far too long in the tooth, and needs to die. 8 model years on the same body style for your flagship car is too much. Not enough has changed . No special variations (ie F models or F-Sport even). Almost 20 years of the same engine is enough Lexus. Kill it and let's move on!

V.
Old 04-02-24, 06:45 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Veight
8 years? I’m only counting 7. 2018,19,20,21,22,23,24. I Assume Lexus is done with basically the exact same car for 7 years. Say goodbye to the naturally aspirated V8.
I hope you're right, but I'm hearing there will be a 2025 LC as well.

V.
Old 04-02-24, 09:06 AM
Veight
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 40 Posts
Default 2025?

I have seen nothing on a 2025. Anyone order one? Any news at all about a 2025? Pricing etc?

Originally Posted by Vitveet
I hope you're right, but I'm hearing there will be a 2025 LC as well.

V.
Old 04-02-24, 09:38 AM
Reinvention
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Veight
I have seen nothing on a 2025. Anyone order one? Any news at all about a 2025? Pricing etc?
None so far. Historical press releases have been around March - May timeframe. Could be any day now. The LC (and RC F) have been discontinued for sale in Europe as they don't meet emission standards anymore for 2025 model year, so overseas the car is finished but they also received the 'ultimate' edition - essentially the North American Inspiration Series, announced back in April 2023 and there was talk about the discontinuation of the model - so not exactly a blindside.

Given the GX460 had two years of an updated interior in our US market I can see the LC following suite, furthermore there has not been discussion about discontinuation by the 'insider' journalists. It's safe to assume the car will march on for 2025 inline with historical updates/pricing adjustment. Based upon the IS model; the transmission cooler and lightweight rear-subframe (with appropriately revised suspension calibration) could be featured on the new model. I personally hope the massage seats come in as an option, even if I'm not a new car buyer.
The following 2 users liked this post by Reinvention:
2959 (04-20-24), StuM (04-02-24)
Old 04-20-24, 10:02 AM
JAW3
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
There’s no denying the LC500 is a beautiful car since 2018. And the 5.0l V8 sounds very nice since 2008 ISF.
However, if I want rarity, I would just keep my current ‘20 GSF that has much less production numbers and with the same V8 and a better performance/track car and also more practical. If you go on autotrader, they’re no more than 10 GSF available. There’s a bazillion LC500 on autotrader.
If they have updated the LC with a TT V8, it would make the upgrade from my GSF easier. At least for me.
Nick, I also traded my 2020 C8 for my LC. Love it.

Quick Reply: The next LC 500 for 2026?