LC Model (2018-present)

Phone charging

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-23, 07:59 PM
Bigfoot16
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile Phone charging

Does the new 2024 LC500 have a phone charging pad? if so where is it located? Thank you
Old 09-14-23, 03:44 AM
NickL
Racer

Received 428 Likes on 275 Posts

It does not.
Old 09-14-23, 08:09 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,513 Likes on 1,652 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
It does not.
which is crazy given all that space they got back without the trackpad. either do that or a real second cup holder.
Old 09-14-23, 10:34 AM
NickL
Racer

Well, this is the problem I have with the LC500. I want to love the car and I do for the most part. However, the everyday practicality of it is pretty frustrating for the overall(large) size of the vehicle.
I finally worked out with a local dealer to order a ‘24 bespoke. We have the package I wanted and everything is ready to put in the system. I went in this week with every intention of doing the order. I took the ‘24 coupe for a 30min or so spin(this is my 5th time test driving an LC500 since it came out in 2018). Btw, the ‘24 wheels are much better looking than in picture and I actually prefer it much more than the chrome on previous year. I know the black and the chrome are reversed and it’s the same wheel, but the new one looks much better in person.
Every single time I sit in the LC500, I feel cramped and borderline claustrophobic. Everything is tight. From the glove compartment, center console compartment and cup holder, everything is just tight. No real place to put your phone down never mind a wireless charger pad. The trunk is laughable regardless of how many times I open it. The drive and sound are undeniably addictive as we all know but I need this vehicle to do more than that for this price.
After talking with the GM, I ended up putting a deposit on a ‘23 LX600 F sport instead. I know, two different ends of the spectrum. I really want to love the LC500 but I know I won’t be able to live with it long term.
The redesigned screen and infotainment especially the 360cam is worth losing the elegance of the previous model’s dash, IMO.

Last edited by NickL; 09-14-23 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-14-23, 05:50 PM
maraca
Driver

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

Every single time I sit in the LC500, I feel cramped and borderline claustrophobic. Everything is tight. From the glove compartment, center console compartment and cup holder, everything is just tight. No real place to put your phone down never mind a wireless charger pad. The trunk is laughable regardless of how many times I open it. The drive and sound are undeniably addictive as we all know but I need this vehicle to do more than that for this price.
After talking with the GM, I ended up putting a deposit on a ‘23 LX600 F sport instead. I know, two different ends of the spectrum. I really want to love the LC500 but I know I won’t be able to live with it long term.
What was your original intention of looking at the LC? Commute? Long trips? weekend trips?
Old 09-14-23, 06:59 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,950 Likes on 1,373 Posts

Well, this is the problem I have with the LC500. I want to love the car and I do for the most part. However, the everyday practicality of it is pretty frustrating for the overall(large) size of the vehicle.
Did you say practical? You are 100% correct, the Lexus LC is not practical. I did not buy it for any practical reason. I bought it for the performance, handling, ease of some modifications, my past experience with the 2UR, the exquisite looks, the quality interior, Lexus reliability and etc. My "practical" vehicle is my Silverado. The Silverado hauls stuff and hauls people. My LC hauls and excites me

Oh, my phone goes in my Pro Clip mount

And, as far as I can tell, for you, you made the right decision. Enjoy your new LX
The following 2 users liked this post by flowrider:
Brinylon (05-31-24), web4488 (09-15-23)
Old 09-14-23, 07:06 PM
AutoCrazy
Intermediate

Received 182 Likes on 105 Posts

I finally worked out with a local dealer to order a ‘24 bespoke. We have the package I wanted and everything is ready to put in the system. I went in this week with every intention of doing the order. I took the ‘24 coupe for a 30min or so spin(this is my 5th time test driving an LC500 since it came out in 2018). Btw, the ‘24 wheels are much better looking than in picture and I actually prefer it much more than the chrome on previous year. I know the black and the chrome are reversed and it’s the same wheel, but the new one looks much better in person.
The redesigned screen and infotainment especially the 360cam is worth losing the elegance of the previous model’s dash, IMO.
Good that you worked through your priorities for your new vehicle.
I expect the LX600 F Sport will provide a very luxurious drive, and all the utility most would want.

I owned a Land Rover Range Rover Autobiography. It was a beautiful vehicle akin to a “living room” on wheels. I bet the LX will provide a similarly luxurious experience.
Enjoy!
Old 09-15-23, 07:45 AM
NickL
Racer

I was sold when I got in the LX600 and saw this.
I had the opportunity to test drive an LX600 F sport about a month back.

In all seriousness, as much as I want to own an LC500, now is not the time for me. With two young kids, I just have too many obligations and the LC is too much of a trophy car.

Back onto the subject on the thread, the new interior does allow for a charging pad with the track pad removed. They just decided to not do any more work. If you look at the picture I posted on the LC, they can just simply move the heated steering wheel button to the side in the 360deg cam button, they would have all that space below the volume **** for a nice charging pad. But what do I know!
Old 09-15-23, 09:56 AM
jbuffett
Intermediate

Received 194 Likes on 119 Posts

In all seriousness, as much as I want to own an LC500, now is not the time for me. With two young kids, I just have too many obligations and the LC is too much of a trophy car.

Back onto the subject on the thread, the new interior does allow for a charging pad with the track pad removed. They just decided to not do any more work. If you look at the picture I posted on the LC, they can just simply move the heated steering wheel button to the side in the 360deg cam button, they would have all that space below the volume **** for a nice charging pad. But what do I know!
+1 on the LX being the better vehicle for you at this stage of life. You'll be back for the LC :-) hopefully they haven't appreciated too much by then.

As for the suggestion on a charging pad, I'm not sure that a flat pad like what's in the LX makes a lot of sense for a sportscar. There's a right turn near my house that I regularly take at 30-40 MPH with a bump mid-turn that would throw my phone right into my lap with that style of charging pad. I think a drop-in type charger like this would be better for a car that is driven aggressively.

Old 09-15-23, 12:36 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 639 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoCrazy
I expect the LX600 F Sport will provide a very luxurious drive, and all the utility most would want.

I owned a Land Rover Range Rover Autobiography. It was a beautiful vehicle akin to a “living room” on wheels. I bet the LX will provide a similarly luxurious experience.
Enjoy!
My brother currently owns both (RR AB Is a 2015) and he loves both equally. I’ve driven both many time including a 4hr road trip and they are both amazing vehicles.
Old 09-15-23, 01:13 PM
maraca
Driver

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

There is not enough space to fit the phone charger into the removed trackpad.
The heated seat button actually brings up the seat climate control menu on the touch screen.

lc6028-f.jpg (1600×900) (jazelc.com)

I like the idea of the "drop in" phone charger. Is there an after-market option for this?
Old 09-15-23, 01:19 PM
GatorGreg
Advanced

Received 195 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by maraca
The heated seat button actually brings up the seat climate control menu on the touch screen.

I like the idea of the "drop in" phone charger. Is there an after-market option for this?
What’s the “EV Mode” button? Is that a 500h thing?
LMAO - so the new seat heater/cool button doesn’t actually do anything except bring up the menu? You still have to go through the onscreen (albeit touch now) menu to actually choose which seat and whether you want that seat heated, cooled, or air-scarfed? I’ve mastered the trac-pad to the point where I could probably do it faster than the button with touch screen - someone with a 2024 is welcome to stop by and we can have a cooled seat drag race

Last edited by GatorGreg; 09-15-23 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-27-24, 07:03 AM
JustAmes
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Actually it does...

It does not.
Please don't come for me in the night as I am new to this forum but the 2024 LC500 Convertible *does* have the option for the wireless charging pad, its just not visible. It is in the Auxiliary Console where the USB, USB-C and 12-volt charging ports are located. It is a feature that has to be directly requested and is NOT part of a package. I know this because my car has it. I bought my 2024 LC500 Convertible a week ago. It was a special order and the original buyer who had it ordered to his liking, that deal did not go through so the car was not sold to him. I have been looking for a specific color combo and this was it. I found it online, went and drove it, made sure it had all the options I wanted and bought it. I didn't originally think it has wireless charging, but it does. Since it has integrated wireless connectivity, there is no real reason for the phone to be physically visible on the charging pad. I was informed that the wireless charging pad does NOT come as part of the standard equipment. I'm buying it to drive it. If it didn't have it and I had to buy a cord specific to its charging port, its still not going to be visible and I would still be able to access the functions of my choice through Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. I mean, I find that odd that its not a standard feature, but when buying a car like an LC 500, I'm not buying it for it's cell-phone charging practicality. That's like me buying it thinking its a 4-seater. 🙄😆

Of note: the Lexus website as well as the Lexus LC500 sales book both state that wireless charging is available. I imagine if it's not specifically asked for, you aren't going to get it. I looked at ordering a Bespoke Build but they're 3-4 months out on completion. I'm so glad I went with Lexus for a sportscar so I get the Lexus luxury, safety and V8!! I enjoy everything about my car and in the less than a week that I've had it, the wireless charging works seamlessly. The car drives "seamless" as well! 😁😉

Old 05-27-24, 10:42 AM
NickL
Racer

No worries. I don’t care for the charger. I don’t even know when was the last time I needed to charge my phone while in the car. The phones nowadays are really efficient and battery lasts quite awhile.

Anyways, for bringing this thread back, I guess I do have to come clean and say I did end up with a 2024 LC500 Bespoke coupe 8 months later.
When the LX600 arrived last October, I backed out because having two Lexus SUV would be too practical. The RX350 serves as a family car and is really enough. So I canceled the LX600. Fast forward to May, an LC500 coupe came and it’s USB on black interior. I could not pass it up. In and out of the dealership in less than 3 hours with the LC500 in my driveway.
Right after getting tint done. Going in for full body PPF next week.

The following 5 users liked this post by NickL:
Brinylon (05-31-24), LS460SC430 (06-01-24), smellLC (05-29-24), Young04 (05-27-24), zissis (05-27-24)
Old 05-27-24, 03:10 PM
microsup
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by maraca

actually very interesting idea. I know I can buy an inductive coil kit to make a wireless charger pad. Now I need to ask my friend to make a 3D printed holder which can be used with that coil and try to mount it somewhere behind arm rest. And run a wire from usb charger.

Quick Reply: Phone charging