LC Model (2018-present)

Air suspension OEM strut conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-23 | 04:06 PM
drutyper
Driver

Default Air suspension OEM strut conversion

I'm looking to convert my OEM stock suspension to airbags. I wanted to know if anyone has done this?

There is already a kit available and I have spoken to both owners of this kit. They tell me they are happy with the outcome and recommend this setup
LC500 Universal Active damping OEM strut conversion

But I'm wondering if this can be done with airlift bags for cheaper than going with a ready to install setup from UniversalAir priced at $1,477

Old 09-20-23 | 03:54 AM
BruceinFla
Advanced

What you expected them to spend that *** ton of money, give up half the already sparce trunk space then look at you and say Yeah, it rides like really good looking semi truck?
PS Plan on keeping it Forever. No one else will want it after you've finished screwing up it's stock, state of the art suspension.
Bruce in Fla

Last edited by BruceinFla; 09-20-23 at 04:26 AM.
Old 09-20-23 | 08:45 AM
Metal1
Pit Crew

Only if you are gonna change the rims and add a body kit as well.

I would not do it, but that is me.

Old 09-20-23 | 08:48 PM
drutyper
Driver

Yup, that car is actually one of my inspirations for my build except the camber on the wheels. Going for a tucked look but will not camber out unless it's aired out. Will be doing the same color scheme on the aero kit from Artisan Spirit.

Last edited by drutyper; 09-20-23 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-20-23 | 08:52 PM
drutyper
Driver

Come on Bruce, I just want to do some modifications to the OEM strut. Will still ride the same, I'll just be able to drop the car height and raise it whenever I want. But at least I didn't put fake vents on my LC...

Old 12-18-23 | 02:48 PM
antidentit
Driver

Originally Posted by Metal1
Only if you are gonna change the rims and add a body kit as well.

I would not do it, but that is me.

I really don't understand the desire to do this to a car since you're messing with such a vital part of the car - not just the suspension but also the alignment and tires. I'm also not a fan of the look, but others seem to really like it so to each their own.

I do know that I wouldn't buy a car that was previously treated like this since I trust the Lexus engineering and R&D department much more than a 3rd party, so if you're going to mess with the suspension you're probably more likely to mess with other vital elements such as the ECU/tuning which to me is a big no/no. But again, different strokes for different folks.
The following 2 users liked this post by antidentit:
BruceinFla (12-18-23), trent (12-19-23)
Old 12-18-23 | 03:02 PM
BruceinFla
Advanced

Exfrickenzactly.
Bruce in Fl
​​​​​
Old 12-19-23 | 12:23 AM
drutyper
Driver

Originally Posted by antidentit
I really don't understand the desire to do this to a car since you're messing with such a vital part of the car - not just the suspension but also the alignment and tires. I'm also not a fan of the look, but others seem to really like it so to each their own.

I do know that I wouldn't buy a car that was previously treated like this since I trust the Lexus engineering and R&D department much more than a 3rd party, so if you're going to mess with the suspension you're probably more likely to mess with other vital elements such as the ECU/tuning which to me is a big no/no. But again, different strokes for different folks.
Another broken record, I respect your opinion and you can do what you want to your LC. This is a dream build for me and I'll do what I like to MY LC. All the nonsense you're spouting about state of the art suspension are just soft suspension settings with soft a spring rate. Look at every F car that Lexus produces. Everyone buys them and modifies them to their utter delight. Entire companies building carbon fiber parts just for Lexus F cars and LCs. But Oh God forbid you modify the LC and do what you like to it lol.

Oh yeah, they do have a ECU tune for the LC and also a transmission tune as well. Faster shifts. I'll be looking into that as well, cheers!
The following users liked this post:
IS_250 (12-19-23)