LC Model (2018-present)

LC red interior question

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-23, 06:23 PM
hiroshikato1
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LC red interior question

I have been looking at several LC500's in the area recently and love the look of the car but just can not unsee the purple/merlot door inserts and center console leather in the red interior cars. Can these pieces be swapped out for just black leather trim pieces? If so, is it an easy and relatively inexpensive mod? I would also want to tone down the chrome trim but the dealers have no idea about how to go about any of these things. Hiro
Old 10-10-23, 07:05 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,943 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Call me confused The Roija Red interiors that I have seen look like the ones pictured below. First is Coupe all leather:

Second one is Coupe leather and alcantara:

Third is Convertible all leather:

Old 10-10-23, 07:05 PM
hiroshikato1
7th Gear

I can not be the only one who looks at this and asks why?!?!?!
The following 2 users liked this post by hiroshikato1:
BruceinFla (10-11-23), Enzo954 (10-11-23)
Old 10-10-23, 08:19 PM
Enzo954
Pit Crew

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by hiroshikato1
I have been looking at several LC500's in the area recently and love the look of the car but just can not unsee the purple/merlot door inserts and center console leather in the red interior cars. Can these pieces be swapped out for just black leather trim pieces? If so, is it an easy and relatively inexpensive mod? I would also want to tone down the chrome trim but the dealers have no idea about how to go about any of these things. Hiro
What you are explaining almost completely stopped me from buying this car. An all black interior was too basic and bland for me. The toasted caramel was just way too much caramel for my liking. I felt like it would age poorly and just didn't do it for me. The only other option at the time was the red interior, but it was that two tone like the one you are mentioning. The colors just clashed so much and looked so out of place to me. Drove me nuts and I couldn't understand who in the design department approved it. I was honestly moving on from the car because I hated the interior color options so much and then I ran into an inspiration series for sale that I eventually bought. All black interior with just the perfect amount of rose red to set it off along with the red stitching everywhere. Perfecto IMO. I jumped on it and never looked back. They have some better options on the 24 model year for newer buyers, but the color options are still limited.

Old 10-11-23, 03:49 AM
hiroshikato1
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Enzo954
What you are explaining almost completely stopped me from buying this car. An all black interior was too basic and bland for me. The toasted caramel was just way too much caramel for my liking. I felt like it would age poorly and just didn't do it for me. The only other option at the time was the red interior, but it was that two tone like the one you are mentioning. The colors just clashed so much and looked so out of place to me. Drove me nuts and I couldn't understand who in the design department approved it. I was honestly moving on from the car because I hated the interior color options so much and then I ran into an inspiration series for sale that I eventually bought. All black interior with just the perfect amount of rose red to set it off along with the red stitching everywhere. Perfecto IMO. I jumped on it and never looked back. They have some better options on the 24 model year for newer buyers, but the color options are still limited.

Now that looks nice! The center console and door handle areas match! I also like the all leather seats but most of the cars I have seen have been 23’s or 22’s and have the center alcantara. I have owned every version of the Porsche GT3 from 2008 to 2019, so I am fine with alcantara centers but would rather have full leather on a Lexus. This is not a replacement for a Porsche GT car but something that my wife and daughter could enjoy with me.
But my initial question remains, can those merlot/rose pieces be changed easily to black leather?
Old 10-11-23, 05:59 AM
NickL
Racer

Received 409 Likes on 267 Posts

I can not be the only one who looks at this and asks why?!?!?!
The two shades if the same color is a design technique to break up the uniformity and making it not “too much” of the same thing.
I personally love the different shades.
Old 10-11-23, 06:07 AM
hiroshikato1
7th Gear

Oh I understand that it is a design technique but this is also a company that also reversed the rim color scheme to make a horrible 2024 rim…
The following users liked this post:
355F1 (10-11-23)
Old 10-11-23, 06:20 AM
Enzo954
Pit Crew

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

I know for certain the center console sections can be removed and swapped fairly easily. Not so certain about those inner door panels though.
Old 10-11-23, 06:25 AM
hiroshikato1
7th Gear

Default Thank you!

I am asking a Lexus tech today about the door panels but I agree that the piece may be part of the panel…
Old 10-11-23, 06:45 AM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 881 Likes on 611 Posts

Here are the door panel parts I found when looking into this here.

Old 10-11-23, 07:56 AM
NickL
Racer

Oh I understand that it is a design technique but this is also a company that also reversed the rim color scheme to make a horrible 2024 rim…
Have you seen the 2024 in person?
The reverse color on the rims in the 24 looks much better than the previous year in person. There’s just too much chrome on the previous rims which made the car look cheap. IMO.
If one has a chance to look at ‘23 and ‘24 and test drive both and gets to know the new infotainment on the ‘24, he/she will pick the ‘24. Sure, the dash is a little less elegant but if you don’t have a ‘23, you still think the ‘24 dash is just fine. The 360deg cam is worth the change alone. And the touch screen is much more quicker and responsive and intuitive than the ‘23.

Last edited by NickL; 10-11-23 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-11-23, 10:00 AM
hiroshikato1
7th Gear

I have not seen the 2024 in the flesh. I am going tonight to look at the 2023 but they do not have a 24 to look at.
I did find out that trying to change the pieces on the door panels and center is close to a $10K endeavor…
Old 10-11-23, 11:07 AM
NickL
Racer

Leftover '23 currently has huge negotiation room. If you like the '23 and don't need he updated infotainment and 360deg cam, the '23 is the way to go.
Either you can't go wrong with an LC500.
Old 10-11-23, 11:51 AM
hiroshikato1
7th Gear

Originally Posted by NickL
Leftover '23 currently has huge negotiation room. If you like the '23 and don't need he updated infotainment and 360deg cam, the '23 is the way to go.
Either you can't go wrong with an LC500.
I agree! With the money saved I would buy new rims. Those 22 inch ANKRY 34’s are beautiful but at almost $20K all in, quite expensive.
Old 10-11-23, 07:26 PM
rileydawgg
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I wanted the red/black interior but the car that I found was too good a deal with everything else I wanted so I had to pounce. I would switch out my all black with somebody who wanted to switch out their red/black! @Enzo954 I love that interior... never seen it like that, wish I had it.
The following users liked this post:
Enzo954 (10-11-23)

Quick Reply: LC red interior question