LC Model (2018-present)

bespoke model

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-23 | 05:57 AM
Barncobob
Intermediate

Default bespoke model

still looking fo LC, have turned my attention to late model used..If I find a bespoke model how many $ extra is it worth than a non bespoke model...looking for ballpark$s.
Old 10-15-23 | 06:44 AM
NickL
Racer

Depends on your area and the specific model.
A Bespoke is a 5500$ package. And what you can add after that is pretty limited and doesn’t cost much. Ie. Dark chrome, Spoiler, wheels, ML. Remember most factory built LC500 comes with these options anyways. So if there isn’t any of the bespoke interior color you want, then there’s no point of getting and paying extra for the bespoke build unless you just want the badge and certificate.
Typically, I see $5-6K over on the bespoke in msrp. A performance package coupe is ~108k while a bespoke coupe is $112-115k. A typical convertible is $114k while bespoke convertible is $119-121k msrp.
How much that is worth is all up to you.
Old 10-16-23 | 11:19 AM
jbuffett
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Barncobob
still looking fo LC, have turned my attention to late model used..If I find a bespoke model how many $ extra is it worth than a non bespoke model...looking for ballpark$s.
"Bespoke" means that it was custom ordered with a specific set of options by an owner or dealer. There are no performance or other upgrades of a bespoke edition, it's not a special edition like the "Inspiration Edition" that comes with unique exterior/interior color combinations.

Point being, if you want a very specific combination of options -- my bespoke is ultrasonic blue mica with black wheels, black trim and brown interior -- you can order a bespoke car from a dealer, the car is built exactly to your spec then delivered to your dealership. I ordered mine in June, the car will be here this week.

The idea of buying a pre-configured "bespoke" LC from a dealer is kinda counter to the point of Lexus now enabling custom spec'd cars via the bespoke process.

Lexus started doing bespoke coupes in 2021 and bespoke convertibles in 2024.
Old 11-03-23 | 08:49 PM
LC500SD
Driver

Originally Posted by jbuffett
"Bespoke" means that it was custom ordered with a specific set of options by an owner or dealer. There are no performance or other upgrades of a bespoke edition, it's not a special edition like the "Inspiration Edition" that comes with unique exterior/interior color combinations.

Point being, if you want a very specific combination of options -- my bespoke is ultrasonic blue mica with black wheels, black trim and brown interior -- you can order a bespoke car from a dealer, the car is built exactly to your spec then delivered to your dealership. I ordered mine in June, the car will be here this week.

The idea of buying a pre-configured "bespoke" LC from a dealer is kinda counter to the point of Lexus now enabling custom spec'd cars via the bespoke process.

Lexus started doing bespoke coupes in 2021 and bespoke convertibles in 2024.
I wonder if you could help me out with a question I have. Does the bespoke certificate come after you purchase the car, or with the car, or while you’re waiting for the car? Thanks in advance for your time!
Old 11-03-23 | 09:47 PM
JCtx
Racer

The bespoke option is $3,600 (plus extras)... but that does not include anything else; just the plaque/certificate. So most such orders end up higher than that, for obvious reasons. Anyway, my gripe is I've never seen a luxury car with so few options, especially for what Lexus is asking; it's ridiculous. It's worse than a Kia. In my particular case, I do not want cloth (Alcantara-like material) seats, and the only way to get leather seats without that bespoke option is the 'touring' package; WTF? And then, the only interior color is red, which is a weird combination of pinkish red lower-door/console trim, with a brighter red on the seats. No wonder you can't find a single one of the 140+ new cars listed on autotrader. So the only other option to get full leather seats (especially in a different color), is that bespoke option, which forces you to order a car, and not only having to pay full boat, but wait for a long time for it. And then, you'd have only 1 extra choice, which I don't (why not white on black? Geez). So no way in hell I'd order one and pay $115K. And I don't want RWS nor variable-ratio steering, and prefer no rear spoiler either (but want everything else -ML, Torsen, HUD, Alcantara headliner), for the lightest possible LC coupe, and with the best possible driving feel. So my only option is to find a bespoke pristine used one. I found one in FL, but has the weird red interior. At least it's better than the deal-breaker all beige one, so willing to consider it at the right price. It has the base wheels, which I can also live with, since I like them better than the weird ones most LCs have (which I don't personally like). It also has a spoiler (which I can also live with), and ML. But need to check it doesn't have RWS and VRS, but has Torsen, HUD, and Alcantara headliner. It's a certified '23 with 2K+ miles, and they're asking $89K+. My guess is nobody wants it due to the wheels and interior. If I could get it for low 80s, I'd probably jump on it, even blindly, but much prefer to drive one first. I'll call dealer tomorrow, ask for the window sticker, and go from there. But I'd also like to drive the Jag F-Type P450 RWD too.

Last edited by JCtx; 11-03-23 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-04-23 | 01:16 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JCtx
I do not want cloth (Alcantara-like material) seats, and the only way to get leather seats without that bespoke option is the 'touring' package; WTF? And then, the only interior color is red, which is a weird combination of pinkish red lower-door/console trim, with a brighter red on the seats. So the only other option to get full leather seats (especially in a different color), is that bespoke option, which forces you to order a car and not only having to pay full boat, but wait for a long time for it.
Huh - The Touring front seats are Semi-aniline leather and they are available in three interior colors - Toasted Caramel, Rioja Red or Black. The leather seats in the Bespoke Build for the Coupe are the same seats as the Touring model.

I was in the same boat as you in wanting leather seats and not Alcantara, so I have a Touring with Black interior.

Regarding the Roija Red, below is pict of that interior, I see no pink

As far as options, I agree with you in not wanting RWS, but would be nice if Lexus offered the Variable Ratio steering as a stand alone option But, the standard steering ratio is pretty fast IMHO. And all the options you mention (but want everything else -ML, Torsen, HUD, Alcantara headliner) are available in the Touring model. In fact, I have 'em

Old 11-05-23 | 07:17 PM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by sickpuppy
Huh - The Touring front seats are Semi-aniline leather and they are available in three interior colors - Toasted Caramel, Rioja Red or Black.
Negative. At least that wasn't the case for 2023 and 2024, according to the configurator. If you choose the touring option, the only interior option is rioja red. Go check it, if you don't believe me. Yours might be an older car. And the 'pinkish' color is from ACTUAL cars (see below), hence my comment. And the entire car in beige is an absolute deal-breaker for me, as well as black interior, so even if they were available, I wouldn't care anyway. The only way I could have this car in leather without paying to the wazoo for bespoke is with the red interior (touring), so thinking if I could live with it. I wouldn't mind the red on the stock photo above, but it's not the real rioja red. However, it looks better than the freaking cabaret red (below) I'm considering. By the way, the tone of the door and console on the 'caramel' interior also doesn't match the seats; both look awful IMO. Then the Alcantara on the door inserts is yet another different tone on both, but at least closer than the doors/console. It's a mess of colors. What the heck happen with just seats and door inserts in a nice contrasting color, with the rest black? Oh well. It is what it is, so we'll see. If I can get a great deal on that car, might go for it. Otherwise, I'd probably try to find a RWD F-Type I can live with. A third option is just don't buy another car (at least for now), which very well might be what I end up doing. Tired of compromising on something, then selling the freaking car months later at huge losses. I'm done with that. Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited by JCtx; 11-05-23 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-06-23 | 10:06 AM
Barncobob
Intermediate

heres where IM at in my search...cloudburst grey, Touring pckg. Riojo red all leather seats, no alcantara,,better stereo ,moonroof..Iv just about given up.. A month or so ago "ordered" what I wanted,,Lexus said OK, dealer now has me on an "allotment schedule". Another poster went thru this process and he got his car in 6 mos. I have not put any $$ down so I dunno if its gonna happen or not..