LC Model (2018-present)

Need help on sport vs touring/comfort seat differences

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-23, 10:38 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Need help on sport vs touring/comfort seat differences

Hey gang, was with my daughter test-driving cars yesterday, and saw a 2024 LC convertible outside the Lexus/Toyota dealership, so asked a salesperson to unlock it to try the (leather sport) seats. I expected them to be comfortable, meaning I could buy the touring ones blindly, since I hadn't been able to even sit on one until yesterday. WRONG! The seat-backs were fine (although not great) for me, but my 120# 5'5" daughter said those were the worst seats she has tried. Ha ha. What I couldn't live with is the seat bottom, with its very aggressive vertical bolsters... and I'm only 160# 5' 9-1/2". Used to driving manuals, I always rest my left foot on the dead pedal, and doing that for 10 seconds was already bothering my thigh. And to my surprise, those bolsters are upholstered with cheap-looking vinyl, rather than leather (caramel interior). The right bolster was touching my entire thigh against the gas pedal, meaning it probably wasn't going to painfully dig into my thigh (like the left side), but it'd probably be very uncomfortable in summer. Or on a long trip. Don't understand why such aggressive seats on a tourer, but all I want to know is if the touring seats are any better. I was ready to (blindly) jump on a '23 with touring leather seats if my offer was accepted... but now I'm going to wait until I determine those seats would be acceptable. Guess I could ask dealer to take photos of the seats in several angles, and then from a sport-seat equipped LC, but if possible, I'd like to hear what owners maybe faced with the same issue have to say about that. By the way, I owned a '15 RC-F, which I bought blindly, and never liked the seats. But thought the LC would be different. Maybe it uses the same bases? As long as the lower bolsters (and hopefully the upper ones too) are less prominent, or at least more angled, as not to dig into my leg, they'd be acceptable. Thank you in advance for any help.
Old 11-25-23, 01:02 PM
Ephilyaw
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 56 Posts

I have a 2023 with Dynamic package - Alcantara and Leather seats. I am 5’ 11’’ and 230 pounds. I drove mine for 16 hours on the first day (bought in Maryland and drove home to Mobile, Alabama). This is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. Far superior to my wife’s LX, My Sierra Denali and my old Mercedes.

The LC does not have any vinyl in the car. Even the seat backs are 100% leather.

Personally I absolutely love the Alacantara.

Old 11-25-23, 03:33 PM
Dukeaudio
Advanced

Received 117 Likes on 86 Posts

I compared coupe vs vert seats before purchasing. Initially wanted the coupe but with the vert seats (coupe seats felt too plush for me). Decided on vert. Being only 5'7"/155, seats feel an order of magnitude better than seats in my GSF; bolsters ironically feel more snug, fans are quieter, and ventilation is much better. No issues finding desired driving position. Haven't had to use the air scarf here in HI but look forward to first opportunity. Also, semi-aniline's durability will handle elements better than alcantra.
Old 11-26-23, 08:34 AM
AutoCrazy
Intermediate

Received 181 Likes on 104 Posts

JCtx,
Good decision to sit in the car and try out the ergonomics for your personal comfort.
I agree with the ‘voice to self’ saying “Sit in, drive, and experience any vehicle before I spend all this money.”

Of course, I’m reminding myself to do the same!

Old 11-26-23, 08:23 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Well, I didn't seat on the one that might fit me. Ha ha. But I know for sure the sport seat doesn't. Since I couldn't find detailed pictures of the touring seats, I won't move to buy an LC until I can at least make sure the bottom bolsters are not as aggressive as the sport seats. Or better yet, sit on one, but we'll see. If it's not a great buy, then I won't buy one until I actually drive it first.