LC Model (2018-present)

tires on an LC

Search this Thread

Old Today | 03:14 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Just got my LC last week with the Michelin SS5 tire. I am replacing them with the Michelin Cross Climate II. Had to upsize the fronts to 255/40/21 and the 275/35/21 rears are on backorder. I have these tires on another car and really like them. They are directional so I won't be able to rotate them but should still get at least 25K-30K miles on them. I will probably swap back to the summer tires next spring unless I can sell them (not likely). My local Discount Tire does seasonal swaps for $22 each.

If the backordered rear tires are more than 2 months out I will have to find another all season tire before January.
Old Today | 03:45 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by OutlawTita
Just got my LC last week with the Michelin SS5 tire. I am replacing them with the Michelin Cross Climate II. Had to upsize the fronts to 255/40/21 and the 275/35/21 rears are on backorder. I have these tires on another car and really like them. They are directional so I won't be able to rotate them but should still get at least 25K-30K miles on them. I will probably swap back to the summer tires next spring unless I can sell them (not likely). My local Discount Tire does seasonal swaps for $22 each.

If the backordered rear tires are more than 2 months out I will have to find another all season tire before January.
Can you upsize the rear also to 285?
Old Today | 07:42 AM
Badhobz
Instructor

Originally Posted by OutlawTita

you’re a hero !!! I got cross climate 2 on all my cars other than the LC. Frankly the tread pattern is so dang ugly they look like all terrain tires.

I didn’t know they make cross climate 2 in such big sizes. Although I would never drive my LC in the winter time , having one set of tires for the whole year makes a lot of sense to me.
Old Today | 07:49 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Just left my local Discount Tire and found out the Cross Climate 275/35 has been discontinued. Now I have to look at either Pilot Sport All Season 4 or the Primacy Tour All Season...haven't looked at both to see the differences yet.
Old Today | 08:38 AM
BlueIS05
Pit Crew

Another option is the Vredestein Quatrac Pro+. I just had these installed and have been pleased thus far with the ride quality and handling in normal driving. I've been a Michelin guy forever (also have the Cross Climate 2 on the GS) but the limited size options for the LC made me check out other brands for a one tire solution. The predecessor Quatrac Pro has great reviews on TireRack. We'll see how these hold up over the years - I can always go back to the Michelin A/S 4.