LC Model (2018-present)

2024 LC 500 Coupe Inspiration Series

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-24, 12:55 PM
Nesszors
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by finny76
This is the current info per the Allocation Sheet.. Seems MIAMI has the best deal for $2K under sticker.

Yes I wished I liked the convertible. They're so much more readily available. Sadly I'm not a fan of the soft top. It looks great when it's down but I think the hard top looks better overall.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nesszors:
asong1 (01-10-24), autozero (01-09-24)
Old 01-10-24, 11:22 AM
asong1
Intermediate

Received 117 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Nesszors
Yes I wished I liked the convertible. They're so much more readily available. Sadly I'm not a fan of the soft top. It looks great when it's down but I think the hard top looks better overall.

On the LC however, Its the first convertible car that I like better than the coupe top down and top up. At first I expected it to not look nicer than a coupe when the top is up, but this car has changed my mind. With the top up, I really believe that it looks better than coupe because of the very low roof-line. I don't know what it is, but when the top is up, I feel the lower roofline is making me see the body-line much more. At least for me, I feel the below the belt is accentuated due to the soft top. Of course this is highly personal and subjective. Once I saw it, I couldn't unsee it. It's stunning. I’ve had other convertibles in the past, and LC is the first convertible that made me feel this way. i’m not the best photographer, but that body curve is so accentuated. You’d have to see it in person & spend time with it in different settings / lighting to truly appreciate it.

i’m thinking about matt-black wrapping the A-Pillar. Popular trick to bring out the body of the car and accentuate the curves even more.

Only reason i don’t want the convertible inspiration is due to that all blue interior. not my thing..

Last edited by asong1; 01-10-24 at 11:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Nesszors (01-21-24)
Old 01-10-24, 12:32 PM
LC500Dan
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Never thought about wrapping the A-pillar. Now that you mention it, I can't get it out of my sight. Really sticks out. I bet it would look better.
asong1 (01-10-24)
Old 01-10-24, 12:39 PM
asong1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LC500Dan
Never thought about wrapping the A-pillar. Now that you mention it, I can't get it out of my sight. Really sticks out. I bet it would look better.
Go to Porsche website and play with its configurator for 718 Spyder RS. this is a factory option for this model. You can actually see this effect. Once you see the A-Pillar, you can’t unsee it!
Old 01-10-24, 12:40 PM
KennyFSU
Instructor

Received 336 Likes on 213 Posts

Looks mid-engine from some of those angles lol. I think a black A-pillar would look good.
The following 2 users liked this post by KennyFSU:
asong1 (01-10-24), finny76 (01-14-24)
Old 01-10-24, 12:40 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 891 Likes on 618 Posts

I think it would look good, I'm just not sure about matte though. The mirror and windshield trim are gloss black.
asong1 (01-10-24)
Old 01-10-24, 12:42 PM
AutoCrazy
Intermediate

Received 182 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by LC500Dan
The A pillar wrap will likely look really good, from a distance. I wonder if up close it might look “add on, after market”?
And the colour? Black or try to match the roof colour? Hmmm? Mirrors?
Probably need to experiment.

Keep us posted, asong1. Cause I’m sure what you choose will look great. 👍
asong1 (01-10-24)
Old 01-10-24, 12:43 PM
asong1
Intermediate

here is my configured RS. they only do this with matt black regardless if the body color. definitely brings the attention to below the belt line. this is similar to the effect of window frame painting. if you paint inner edges of the frame with black, your eyes focus more on the glass, which gives the effect of bringing the outside to inside. pretty cool effect.

KennyFSU (01-10-24)
Old 01-10-24, 12:47 PM
asong1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KennyFSU
Looks mid-engine from some of those angles lol. I think a black A-pillar would look good.
I am in Love with my LC! Price aside compared to other GTs out there, this is the most special one for its design / usage. One of the happiest and satisfying purchase in a very long time for me. Every time i look at it, approach it, drive & walk away from it bring a big smile and admiration every step. Lexus really delivered. not that it’s slow, but i have no issue with the performance. i just love the sound and luxurious feel at moderate RPMs.
Nesszors (01-21-24)
Old 01-10-24, 01:00 PM
asong1
Intermediate

regarding the A-Pillar, regardless matt or gloss, needs to match the rest of the windshield frame. It needs to be cohesive and virtually disappear in your eyes. then all you see is the body / body curves.
AutoCrazy (01-10-24)
Old 01-11-24, 03:07 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by AutoCrazy
Under MSRP? Wow, nice!

If a forum member does buy, please let us know. I definitely want to read your impressions.
I called the dealer in MIAMI, apparently it was bad info about the discount. The Market adjustment is $7650
https://monogram.lexusofnorthmiami.c...GPAAY5RA109287

Originally Posted by AutoCrazy
Good idea, Nesszors. Might be the only way you get access to one of the 115 USA vehicles.

I have a refundable deposit with my Canadian dealership for an Inspiration Series coupe. The dealership told me that the 10 allocated Canadian vehicles - I don’t know how many will be coupes - are being distributed via a lottery. My chances of getting an allocation are pretty slim.
I believe Canada will be getting 3 Coupes and the remaining 7 will be Convertibles...

Reason for that is because there will be a total of only 33 Coupes built and the remaining 92 will all be convertibles.

Originally Posted by jbuffett
There are two Inspiration Edition coupes currently showing on Toyota's allocation list:

California with a $25K mark-up - https://www.longolexus.com/new-El+Mo...CP5AY2RA109527
Maine with a $10K mark-up - https://www.berlincitylexus.com/inve...p5ay3ra109147/
BERLIN CITY LEXUS
The Coupe in Maine landed at the dealer back in December, I just called them and they said that the car is SOLD!

LONGO LEXUS
I do not see the vehicle listed on their site anymore. Called the dealer and they said it was SOLD!

Last edited by finny76; 01-17-24 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-11-24, 03:19 PM
finny76
Advanced

Exclamation 125 Total (92 Convertibles & 33 Coupes)

Originally Posted by wjmah523
Hey Folks,

Brand new to Club Lexus, brand new to LEXUS as well. I was fortunate that my local Lexus dealer offered me a 2024 LC 500 Coupe Inspiration Series at MSRP, this will be, or might be my first ever Lexus in my 40 years of living.
I've always had my eyes on the LC for a few years now, love the look and sound. Not sure if this will be a wise investment. Two of my buddy said not to do it because it won't hold value. I have a few cars, so I know I won't be driving the LC much, probably 2000 miles annually. Looking for some feedback here on below concerns. Thanks in advance for sharing your inputs and thoughts.

1. Is MSRP a fair deal for the LC 500? I see some 24 models are selling few grands under MSRP as advertised.
2. Is residual value so so on the LC 500?
3. Inspiration Series, is this really limited? Curious because I was offered for not being an existing Lexus customer.
4. No true answer to this, just opinion, will this 24 LC 500 be a future collectors car?
WOW...It's truly remarkable that you've found a reputable dealer offering the 2024 Inspirational LC 500 at MSRP without having any prior Lexus history. I managed to gather some additional details. Regrettably, there won't be any Hybrid variants available, but only a total limited production of 125 units, with 115 allocated for the USA and 10 for Canada.
What adds intrigue is the distribution, as 92 will be convertibles and 33 will be coupes. This deviates from my guess of a 50/50 split, prompting the question of whether convertibles are more in demand based on the car's history? While I'm particularly not a convertible enthusiast myself, the scarcity of the 33 coupes being produced makes the coupe even more appealing for those who prefer a hardtop.

If the opportunity arises to purchase one without a dealer markup, I would strongly recommend seizing it. Once these vehicles hit the dealership lots, securing one may prove challenging, especially considering that many Lexus dealerships will not receive a single unit.

Last edited by finny76; 01-11-24 at 03:24 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by finny76:
AutoCrazy (01-11-24), Nesszors (01-21-24), pkim1078 (01-11-24)
Old 02-12-24, 01:28 PM
finny76
Advanced

Seems a few more Convertibles have popped up....

Nesszors (02-12-24)
Old 02-25-24, 07:45 AM
Nesszors
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

What are the chances of the deep blue interior becoming an option on 2025 bespokes?
Old 02-25-24, 08:55 AM
AutoCrazy
Intermediate

Received 182 Likes on 105 Posts

What are the chances of the deep blue interior becoming an option on 2025 bespokes?
Hmmm, interesting question.
I doubt ‘25 will have the blue interior option - too close in time to the ‘24 Inspiration - but maybe ‘26 if the car carries on without a distinct redesign.

Quick Reply: 2024 LC 500 Coupe Inspiration Series