LC Model (2018-present)

LC500 Order - Advice and Guidance (Bespoke or not?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-24, 12:08 PM
AutoCrazy
Intermediate

Received 179 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by mehran888
Hello all, went through the process with the dealer.

First off a correction / apology. When I said I had a 2 year deposit on a bespoke, I actually meant the Inspiration Series (and hadn't heard back).

Spec'd out a bespoke. Pricing (at MSRP) seems to be cheaper than the US: I spec'd
  • Blue on red (there is no orange for us in 2024)
  • Sport package (Torsen)
  • The IE 21" wheels
  • Alcantara headliner
  • Sport seats (no cost option) - They had both sport and touring seats in dealership and the sport didn't feel tight for my 5'7 160lb frame). I agree it may not be great for longer rides but they felt nicer than touring for the short period I sat in them
  • Black out trim (for taillights and headlights and grill)
  • Carbon roof
So NO active spoiler, VGRS/4wheel steering weren't an option. Neither was the 2021 Inspiration fixed wing, which I wouldn't have gotten anyways.

Total was about $127 + taxes. In Canada we pay 20% luxury tax over $100K, and then pay 13% tax ON TOP of that. So that alone was almost a $6K.

I haven't firmed the order but hope to in the next week or so for a July delivery date. All obviously contingent on Lexus approval. Dealership seemed to suggest that every dealership in Canada will get at least one bespoke allocation for 2024.
mehran888,

Noticed you’re an Ontario Canada resident.
So am I; I’m located in east GTA if you ever want to connect.

My dealer is Lexus of Lakeridge and they have been great for me. I’d be happy to introduce you to the team there if your new dealer doesn’t work out.

I have a ‘24 vert.

The following 2 users liked this post by AutoCrazy:
mehran888 (01-23-24), Nesszors (01-21-24)
Old 01-21-24, 06:24 PM
Nesszors
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm kind of in a similar boat as OP. I want an inspiration edition because of the color combination, especially that dark blue interior. To be honest I haven't tried the sport seats, only tried the touring seats. I'm a little worried about the aggressive bolstering. I'm a thin guy (5'10") 150lbs but the bolstering did bother my thighs in my previous car.

WHat color options are available with bespoke? Would I be able to spec it close to the 2024 Inspiration Series? I would want white exterior + full blue interior. The white/blue interior would be my backup plan as I think that looks beautiful as well. TIA.
​​
Old 01-21-24, 07:20 PM
AutoCrazy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nesszors
I'm kind of in a similar boat as OP. I want an inspiration edition because of the color combination, especially that dark blue interior. To be honest I haven't tried the sport seats, only tried the touring seats. I'm a little worried about the aggressive bolstering. I'm a thin guy (5'10") 150lbs but the bolstering did bother my thighs in my previous car.

WHat color options are available with bespoke? Would I be able to spec it close to the 2024 Inspiration Series? I would want white exterior + full blue interior. The white/blue interior would be my backup plan as I think that looks beautiful as well. TIA.
​​
I expect that the satin white paint and all blue interior are exclusive to the Inspiration Series edition and not available through Bespoke. Confirm through you dealer.

As you’ve seen in the other thread about the Inspiration Series, only 30 coupes are being built for the USA.

I expect you’ll need to be creative and exhaustive in searching to find an available coupe.

Tap in to your network - dealership owners, dealership GM’s, and manufacturer executives; well connected Lexus enthusiasts who might provide a lead - to help you find one of these very limited quantity coupes.
They will be exclusive.

Maybe a Clublexus member - finny76? - can provide a lead for an Inspiration coupe.

If allowed on this forum, post a WANTED thread seeking a 2024 Inspiration Series Coupe.

Keep us posted.

The following users liked this post:
Nesszors (01-21-24)
Old 01-21-24, 08:24 PM
AutoCrazy
Intermediate

Shared on another thread about the ‘24 Inspiration Series, here’s a YouTube video showing the coupe.
Not every one’s “cup of tea”, but I really like it; has some very unique features.

I turned off the audio and just watched the video

In another thread (“2024 Ultimate Edition LA Auto Show”) posted by member LC550SD, it is suggested there is a transmission cooler mounted inside the lower front passenger intake, a new feature included on the ‘24 Inspiration Series.

Looked at the 2024 LC500 brochure (PDF) that shows you Bespoke options.
There is no mention of the Inspiration Series and none of the exclusive IS features are listed in the brochure.
Who knows if the exclusive IS features will become Bespoke/regular options for 2025.

Last edited by AutoCrazy; 01-21-24 at 08:45 PM.
Nesszors (01-21-24)
Old 01-21-24, 09:13 PM
FR680
Rookie

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Bespoke roof head lining

The Bespoke Build offers the choice of a Belezza or Alcantara roof head lining. Is there a description and/or picture available for the Belezza option?
Old 01-22-24, 10:10 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Hey there, I absolutely LOVE your build! I'm a huge fan of white cars (two of my first 3 cars owned/handed down were white), and I really like the interior as well. I think it's probably how I'd spec my car if I did the convertible. For my coupe I'm going the opposite with darker and bolder (blue on red with black out trim) as I think it fits the coupe better, and also my personal OCD about the taillights being too dark for a light car. That's a me thing though.

I'll DM you shortly. I'm near Yonge and 401. We also have a place in the Niagara area where the car will spend 95% of its life. Let's take this to DM and definitely will schedule a meet-up when I take delivery. Appreciate you making the connection!

Originally Posted by AutoCrazy
mehran888,

Noticed you’re an Ontario Canada resident.
So am I; I’m located in east GTA if you ever want to connect.

My dealer is Lexus of Lakeridge and they have been great for me. I’d be happy to introduce you to the team there if your new dealer doesn’t work out.

I have a ‘24 vert.
AutoCrazy (01-22-24)
Old 01-22-24, 10:15 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by FR680
The Bespoke Build offers the choice of a Belezza or Alcantara roof head lining. Is there a description and/or picture available for the Belezza option?
My understanding is that "Belezza" is just the standard coupe roof. The Alcantara is self explanatory. I went with Alcantara mostly because it's unique and I feel adds a bit of warmth to the darker colours I'm putting in my vehicle. I forget how much the alcantara cost, but I think it was a $1500CAD option (+/- $300).

Originally Posted by Nesszors

​​
The interior colour options that the dealer showed me were: Black, red, cream/beige (these three were all colours we've seen on the vehicle for the past few years), and then the "white/blue" combination that was relatively new in 2023 I believe. I did not see a full blue option, which I agree would have been amazing! The white/blue is great, but I felt wouldn't match my vehicle with USB 2.0 outside, blacked out trim, and a carbon roof.
Nesszors (01-22-24)
Old 01-22-24, 02:36 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Am I the only one who finds the rear spoiler on the Inspiration linked above awful? It'd downright horrible. Not only resembling a long horn, but it just doesn't go with the car at all IMO. I don't want a spoiler, but at least the regular one doesn't look bad at all deployed. To me it's just unnecessary, adds weight and complication, and reduced reliability in the future. But that thing is ugly as sin, and you cannot remove it (without a major expense), since it's bolted to the trunk. That alone would be a deal-breaker for me, but also the sport seats. And I find the blue/white interior much more classy, elegant, and appealing myself... although I'd have preferred with white/black (on white exterior).
Old 01-22-24, 03:11 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,896 Likes on 1,337 Posts

^^^^Nope - Not my cupa tea either
Old 01-22-24, 08:52 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Default Rear wing

While I agree that the fixed wing on the inspiration series isn't for everyone, I do like it. However, I'd only get it if the car is all black like the 2021 Inspiration Series. But it does change the overall style of the car from what is clean and classy to something more.. aggressive? Obnoxiously so? Awkward? Name it what you want, I don't hate it
AutoCrazy (01-22-24)
Old 01-22-24, 10:12 PM
Fester
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts

Rws is not for track use but for daily and spirited backroad driving it’s great, it virtually eliminates 3 points turns. I just utilized it today, twice!
mehran888 (01-23-24)
Old 01-22-24, 10:31 PM
Nesszors
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I personally really like the fixed wing. I particularly like it on white exteriors for the contrast. Haven't seen enough of the dynamic wing to opine.
mehran888 (01-23-24)
Old 01-25-24, 04:10 PM
FranknStein
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I think this has been covered, but per a sheet from my dealer, the 2024 Bespoke option includes (for the US spec coupe anyway):
-Bespoke Exclusive Badge
-SmartAccess Card Key
-Certificate of Authenticity
-Limited-Slip Rear Differential
-Rear Performance Damper
-Performance Brake pads
Old 01-25-24, 06:02 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

To clarify, it's the Torsen LSD. And sport seats as well (not sure if with alcantara). So they basically come with the sport package standard, which are the last 3 items on your list, plus sport seats.
Old 01-25-24, 06:18 PM
FranknStein
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JCtx
To clarify, it's the Torsen LSD. And sport seats as well (not sure if with alcantara). So they basically come with the sport package standard, which are the last 3 items on your list, plus sport seats.
Basically yeah, although you can pick between the alcantara sport seats or the semi-aniline leather seats. There is no cost difference unless you go for the Bespoke only blue and white interior ($1900).

Interestingly the Touring Package on the website for a non-bespoke model is the best value of the packages. It's $2000 and includes the cold weather package, upgraded Mark Levinson stereo, and the alcantara head liner. If you add those three options to a Bespoke build it's $3170 (the head liner alone is $1700). Keep in mind Bespoke by itself is a $3600 option. Unfortunately, there are relatively few LC500's on dealer floors with the Touring package. The sport and even dynamic handling package seem more popular for the coupe models.

I honestly just wish I could order a non-Bespoke LC500 with the options available on the website. From what I understand a non-bespoke cannot be built to order. I really don't need any of the Bespoke options, I just want a coupe with the touring package in blue exterior and black interior (there are none in the country that I have found). The only plus I see for the bespoke is that I could add the speed activated rear wing. It's completely unnecessary but I figured I might as well add the bling if I go bespoke.

Quick Reply: LC500 Order - Advice and Guidance (Bespoke or not?)