LC Model (2018-present)

LC500 Order - Advice and Guidance (Bespoke or not?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-24, 09:11 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 106 Likes on 59 Posts

Thanks folks for all the guidance and feedback. Going to finalize the bespoke order (and get my other deposit back) this Saturday. Decided on:
  • Bespoke
  • Blue on blue/white (touring seats)
  • Carbon roof
  • Performance package
  • IE5 wheels
  • Black/greyed out trim
My expectation of delivery is June/July but we'll see.

On a related note, a local Toronto area dealership has 4 LCs sitting in the showroom, all looking for buyers. 3 convertibles in black, copper, yellow (the yellow surprisingly is a nice colour in person), and a coupe, blue on white/blue. But that one is a hybrid.
Old 02-02-24, 09:15 AM
FranknStein
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mehran888
Thanks folks for all the guidance and feedback. Going to finalize the bespoke order (and get my other deposit back) this Saturday. Decided on:
  • Bespoke
  • Blue on blue/white (touring seats)
  • Carbon roof
  • Performance package
  • IE5 wheels
  • Black/greyed out trim
My expectation of delivery is June/July but we'll see.

On a related note, a local Toronto area dealership has 4 LCs sitting in the showroom, all looking for buyers. 3 convertibles in black, copper, yellow (the yellow surprisingly is a nice colour in person), and a coupe, blue on white/blue. But that one is a hybrid.
I don’t think there’s a ‘performance package’ for bespoke. Bespoke does already come with the items from the sports package though.
Old 02-02-24, 12:13 PM
FR680
Rookie

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by FranknStein
I don’t think there’s a ‘performance package’ for bespoke. Bespoke does already come with the items from the sports package though.
Build configurations are different in Canada.

As per Lexus Canada press release:
"The 2024 Lexus LC 500 Bespoke Build enables Guests to customize the LC 500 base model with a choice of 10 available exterior colours, four available interior colour schemes, several available new interior/roof colour combinations, three styles of 21” forged wheels, and an available active rear wing. Guests may also add the Bespoke Performance option, which includes a Torsen Limited Slip Differential, carbon fiber-reinforced polymer scuff plates, and a rear performance damper."
The following users liked this post:
mehran888 (02-02-24)
Old 02-02-24, 12:15 PM
FranknStein
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FR680
Build configurations are different in Canada.

As per Lexus Canada press release:
"The 2024 Lexus LC 500 Bespoke Build enables Guests to customize the LC 500 base model with a choice of 10 available exterior colours, four available interior colour schemes, several available new interior/roof colour combinations, three styles of 21” forged wheels, and an available active rear wing. Guests may also add the Bespoke Performance option, which includes a Torsen Limited Slip Differential, carbon fiber-reinforced polymer scuff plates, and a rear performance damper."
Oh interesting, thanks. For a car that doesn’t have many options, the different configurations sure are confusing.
Old 02-02-24, 02:13 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by FranknStein
There is in the Canadian ordering guide. It's $1,145 and includes Torsen LSD, Carbon scuff plates, rear performance damper. The options in the Canadian guide (for reference for others) is:

Coupe v8: $117,935 base
  • Colsour options (N/C, $500 or $650 based on colour)
  • Standard rims, the 10-spoke ($45) or the IE5 ($2115)
  • Black/Rioja/Caramel (touring or sport, N/C). Blue/White touring only $3620. Blue/white removes alcantara headliner option
  • Roof: Carbon fiber $2590
  • Dark chrome trim: $705
  • Rear wing: $1075
  • Alcantara: $1835
  • Performance pkg: $1145
Vert v8 is similar but a lot of options dropped and blue/white interior is cheaper by about 40%. Some limitations on interior/top combos (but all the common sense ones can be had).

Base bespoke hybrid is $122,435, vert is $132,360
FR680 (02-02-24)
Old 02-02-24, 07:01 PM
FR680
Rookie

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Default 24MY Canadian Vehicle Ordering Guide

There is in the Canadian ordering guide. It's $1,145 and includes Torsen LSD, Carbon scuff plates, rear performance damper. The options in the Canadian guide (for reference for others) is:

Coupe v8: $117,935 base
  • Colour options (N/C, $500 or $650 based on colour)
  • Standard rims, the 10-spoke ($45) or the IE5 ($2115)
  • Black/Rioja/Caramel (touring or sport, N/C). Blue/White touring only $3620. Blue/white removes alcantara headliner option
  • Roof: Carbon fiber $2590
  • Dark chrome trim: $705
  • Rear wing: $1075
  • Alcantara: $1835
  • Performance pkg: $1145
Vert v8 is similar but a lot of options dropped and blue/white interior is cheaper by about 40%. Some limitations on interior/top combos (but all the common sense ones can be had).

Base bespoke hybrid is $122,435, vert is $132,360
Thank you for this price list. My local dealer has not given me confirmed pricing.

Last edited by FR680; 02-02-24 at 08:55 PM.
mehran888 (02-02-24)
Old 06-26-24, 05:46 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Kicking up my own thread again, for a different topic. Anyone else experiencing delays related to CDK? My LC is due to arrive sometime between today and Friday, but my salesperson said they might not be able to complete delivery until CDK is back up. I'm not too worried yet as I'll need a week for PPF and he also said I can visit the car anytime, and even take it for a spin (provided I don't take it home at night). There are rumblings that CDK may not fully be back up until end of July. It's absolutely nuts to me that a cloud software service doesn't have a business continuity plan around something like this.

Anyways... lmk if anyone has taken LC delivery in the last week or plans to in the next two weeks. Would be good to triangulate the information I'm getting with what others are experiencing.
Old 06-26-24, 05:50 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 332 Likes on 218 Posts

What is CDK?
Old 06-26-24, 05:58 AM
zissis
Pit Crew

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...e/74208681007/
Old 06-26-24, 06:08 AM
NickL
Instructor

Total was about $127 + taxes. In Canada we pay 20% luxury tax over $100K, and then pay 13% tax ON TOP of that. So that alone was almost a $6K.

What kind of fuzzy math is this?
Old 06-26-24, 06:11 AM
NickL
Instructor

Wow. Pretty crazy.
zissis (06-26-24)
Old 06-26-24, 06:37 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by NickL
What kind of fuzzy math is this?
In Canada, sometimes we tax our taxes. Note our sales tax is 13% for most goods. But on the other hand we also get rid of useful vehicle registration fees to appease the electorate in an election year.

Personally, I do feel the 20% luxury tax makes sense for luxury goods. I just feel the $100K threshold is low given inflation, and taxing a tax seems silly.

Based on my understanding, the dealership pays the luxury tax when they acquire the vehicle, which forces them to pass it on to the customer (vs collecting it on sale and then remitting to government). Used vehicles don't have a luxury tax, which is why in Canada you may see a lot of "demo" or "used" vehicles with under 1000km. That's the dealerships way of providing a discount while keeping things MSRP. I think they eat the 20%. But I'm sure there's more funny business they do to get around any government liability they may have while minimizing their financial impact.

Last edited by mehran888; 06-26-24 at 06:50 AM.
Old 06-26-24, 06:38 AM
mehran888
Advanced

They couldn't find a newer image of cars than one of a lot full of 2007 Toyota Matrix? (Matrices?)
Old 06-26-24, 06:59 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 296 Likes on 220 Posts

Kicking up my own thread again, for a different topic. Anyone else experiencing delays related to CDK? My LC is due to arrive sometime between today and Friday, but my salesperson said they might not be able to complete delivery until CDK is back up. I'm not too worried yet as I'll need a week for PPF and he also said I can visit the car anytime, and even take it for a spin (provided I don't take it home at night). There are rumblings that CDK may not fully be back up until end of July. It's absolutely nuts to me that a cloud software service doesn't have a business continuity plan around something like this.

Anyways... lmk if anyone has taken LC delivery in the last week or plans to in the next two weeks. Would be good to triangulate the information I'm getting with what others are experiencing.
I can't get past the pay wall but what is the article saying? I am expecting delivery in the next 3 weeks, dealer has said as recently as yesterday that the expected window is June 27 - July 14 but they couldn't guarantee it. I was hoping to get it and PPF by the 27th of July for an event I want to attend 200 miles away with the LC but now I'm not sure it'll happen
Old 06-26-24, 07:39 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by np20412
I can't get past the pay wall but what is the article saying? I am expecting delivery in the next 3 weeks, dealer has said as recently as yesterday that the expected window is June 27 - July 14 but they couldn't guarantee it. I was hoping to get it and PPF by the 27th of July for an event I want to attend 200 miles away with the LC but now I'm not sure it'll happen
TLDR (not just from this article, but from a bunch of things I've read) is:
  • CDK runs 15000 dealerships (out of about 17000) in North America
  • Systems impacted include everything from delivery to service maintenance and marketing/CRM work
  • Hackers have ransom demands
  • Ransom was supposedly going to be paid, but now isn't
  • CDK has started their recovery process as of Saturday but it's going to take a few days
  • Murmurs that they won't be FULLY operational until end of July
Doing back of the napkin math, I've estimated that this is about $120B in vehicles that won't be delivered in July (if in fact things are halted till then). My guess is dealerships will somehow figure out a way to do things "offline" and deliveries shouldn't be down that much longer

Also, my dealership told me that a) they can send it off for PPF, ceramic, etc while we wait, and b) I am free to come by any time to drive the car and use it, provided I return it at night . I won't do the latter, but they are providing some flexibility.

Lastly, I'll add (and this is anecdotal data) that a friend of mine has told me that Porsche Head Office is telling dealerships to do NO service work on any of their cars that are still in their warranty period, because it'll mess up their systems and tracking future warranty issues and claims if it's offline. Which is WILD if you ask me. I've heard other stories of dealerships only doing oil changes until the system is back up.

Quick Reply: LC500 Order - Advice and Guidance (Bespoke or not?)