GROM Audio Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-24, 11:13 AM
JaxSully
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default GROM Audio Group Buy

All,

I have a 2018 LC which was supposed to be CarPlay retrofit eligible, but the dealer was not able to make it work after 4 days and multiple calls to Lexus engineering. The final word was replace the head unit for $2k. In working with an excellent installer in my area that only works with GROM aftermarket CarPlay, he gave me enough information that it would be perfect in the LC for Car Play wired and wireless (without the Andriod apps version) and still retain all OEM functionality.

In my search for a slight discount I came across a group buy in another Lexus forum and obtained approval to share it here.

I have place my order and will post a review once installed.

Here is the link for the 2 versions available for the LC. Please note you must have a NAV enabled head unit.

https://gromaudio.com/store/all-lex9_.html

===============================================================We appreciate your interest in VLine VL2 / VLite VT2 Navigation and Infotainment System GROUP BUY. Both systems allow you to add wireless CarPlay and Android Auto to your factory car stereo. We are happy to announce the start of the group buy period!

You can place an order at the GROM Audio website: https://gromaudio.com.

To get special pricing of $559.95 for the VLine VL2 System or $429.95 for the VLite VT2 System, please enter coupon code GRP5JAN24 at the checkout. The shipping is FREE within the US, but sales tax will apply to TX orders.

The GROUP BUY period will end on January 19th (Friday) at 11:59 pm CDT.

The product will ship between January 25th and February 8th. You will receive the email confirmation once your order gets shipped out.

Feel free to reach out to us with any questions you may have via the web contact form at https://gromaudio.com/support.html
Place your GROUP Buy order with coupon code GRP5JAN2

Old 01-17-24, 11:46 AM
Voogru
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

What's the build date of your LC? I have a launch edition LC500 and was able to get the carplay upgrade, however I did it myself which was simply setting up a USB drive and simply inserting it into the car. Took roughly an hour and required zero interaction.
Old 01-17-24, 12:16 PM
JaxSully
Rookie

October 2017, I confirmed with Lexus and the dealer before I bought it that it was eligible. They gave me the Lexus sheet stating which head unit model numbers were eligible and then I confirmed that through the settings screen. to be honest I don't want to go the aftermarket route, but felt like they gave me no choice.
Old 01-17-24, 12:21 PM
JaxSully
Rookie

Originally Posted by Voogru
What's the build date of your LC? I have a launch edition LC500 and was able to get the carplay upgrade, however I did it myself which was simply setting up a USB drive and simply inserting it into the car. Took roughly an hour and required zero interaction.
Where did you obtain the update and the instructions? PM if you can't share in the forum.
Old 01-17-24, 05:26 PM
fodalo
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 249 Posts

Dealership needed 2hrs to upgrade my 2018 with carplay, no issues all is well. Do u have another Lexus dealer?