LC Model (2018-present)

Help With Understanding LC Service History

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-24 | 11:46 PM
Reefbreak
Rookie

Default Help With Understanding LC Service History

Taking steps rather quickly to see an LC500 later this week that ticks all of the boxes and was able to obtain the service history from the dealership. For some reason, the dealer does not post their service records on Carfax.
I know a little about the LC500...mostly from this forum, renting one recntly from Turo, and printing/skimming the online quick owner's guide and owner's manual. The only thing I can really wrench is my back...just not a guy who would feel comfortable tearing this car apart and performing some of the mechanical projects and DIY items like many other forum members. But I am pretty ****(ytical) and think I have a a pretty good read on the attached "Service History" for this car. That said, I would really welcome any opinions and thoughts in addition to my own on the service history.

1. The car has just under 18k miles and new tires were installed at 16.7k miles. So...tread should not be an issue for a while unless I get the car and want to ditch the run-flats.
2. It appears that most of the 5k mile services have been completed reasonably on time.
3. Under the the 5/20/2021 service, a "forward camera" is mentioned. I've seen in other threads where owners have installed these on their own. So...I am assuming this was an after market installation.
4. Under the 7/10/2020 service (and one other), there is little detail other than "Souce=Warranty" and "Pay Type=Warranty Paid". Would these services be the 2 free services that were part of the purchase?
5. The 1/30/2020 service indicates clear bra and window tint were added.

With the little bit of knowledge I've gained so far about the LC, nothing in the service history seems to stick out as a red flag. Thanks in advance to anyone who can take a peak at the history and see if there are red flags I've missed or other items I should be aware of. Thanks again...David.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2020 LC Service History.pdf (676.0 KB, 51 views)
Old 01-23-24 | 02:15 AM
Dukeaudio
Advanced

Quick read doesn't show anything crazy. I would find out if windshield is oem (poor quality non oem might affect rain-sensing wipers), and if fuel pump (known issue) has been replaced. Also, minor issue w/PPF if it's a half bra vs whole hood. Sun is brutal in southern AZ, a half bra might cause a visible paint fade line. Good luck, hope it all works out and you find the right one! 🤙🏽
Old 01-23-24 | 09:03 AM
Reefbreak
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dukeaudio
Quick read doesn't show anything crazy. I would find out if windshield is oem (poor quality non oem might affect rain-sensing wipers), and if fuel pump (known issue) has been replaced. Also, minor issue w/PPF if it's a half bra vs whole hood. Sun is brutal in southern AZ, a half bra might cause a visible paint fade line. Good luck, hope it all works out and you find the right one! 🤙🏽
Aloha Duke ( I see that you are in HI as well),
Mahalo for your reply...this is exactly what I was looking for...items that I may have overlooked. I was under the impression that the fuel pump was on earlier models but will definitely look into that one as it would be a big number to replace on my own. Once again....thanks for making the time to reply. Aloha
Old 01-23-24 | 10:54 AM
Dukeaudio
Advanced

Originally Posted by Reefbreak
Aloha Duke ( I see that you are in HI as well),
Mahalo for your reply...this is exactly what I was looking for...items that I may have overlooked. I was under the impression that the fuel pump was on earlier models but will definitely look into that one as it would be a big number to replace on my own. Once again....thanks for making the time to reply. Aloha
No worries🤙🏾 Fuel pump recall Initially addressed MY'18 but then Lexus extended to MY'20. I'm pretty sure that, if an issue arouse on a factory installed fuel pump, Lexus would cover it. I'd also look closely into how clean the install was for the after market front camera (hopefully dealer installed). Electrical gremlins are frustrating.