LC Model (2018-present)

Needing a little advice from wise souls🙏

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-24, 05:38 PM
woodranch
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Needing a little advice from wise souls🙏

Hi all, here is a long story hopefully short. I picked up my brand new LC yesterday morning and I am absolutely in love! Everything about the car is fantastic! One of the options I got was the 3m film applied to the front part of the hood. When I inspected the car it was perfect. Unfortunately, today after I washed and waxed the car, I found the smallest imperfection right smack in the middle of the hood toward the front, above the grill,under the film. It is a white type of imperfection, maybe a 1/8 of and inch max.However, when it is your baby, you notice it. I called the best film guy in my area and he said ,definitely leave it alone and just touch it up with touch up paint. It does make sense, because I am a little worried to take it back to the dealer and redo it. First of all it is done at the port and secondly, I do not want to open Pandora’s box and redo it. I probably will get a lot more imperfections then this in the future guaranteed , but unfortunatel,I am OCD! I hope I can hear from some wise souls on how to just accept this and be truly grateful for having to a beautiful,awesome car. Sorry for the rambling, but I guess if it was not on the hood it might be easier! Thanks you for all advice in in advance! Just a little bummed……unfortunately the imperfection is white..

Last edited by woodranch; 01-25-24 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Adding something
Old 01-25-24, 05:43 PM
microsup
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Can you place a picture of that imperfection. It would be better to give an advise. In case you really need it
Old 01-25-24, 05:46 PM
woodranch
Pit Crew

Unfortunately, I am old school and no idea how to upload a photo…. I could text or email anyone for there opinion.
Old 01-25-24, 05:53 PM
microsup
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by woodranch
Unfortunately, I am old school and no idea how to upload a photo…. I could text or email anyone for there opinion.
if you know how to get it to your laptop or desktop then 80% is done in a Tex box where you type a message there is a picture icon button which you can click and see a dialog which will ask you about your picture location.
the easiest way to get a picture from your phone (assuming you have a smart phone) take a picture and share it with yourself using email. Then on your laptop open email with your picture and save it somewhere.
sorry if I am talking obvious things
Old 01-25-24, 06:02 PM
Dukeaudio
Advanced

Received 123 Likes on 90 Posts

Worst case, they say damage incurred after sale. Best, they fix it. Either way, imo, return to dealer asap. In fact, call them to let them know you are bringing it in for an inspection. That way they can have their PPF guy available. Depending on damage they may fix on the spot. Or schedule the resolution.

Last edited by Dukeaudio; 01-25-24 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-25-24, 06:10 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

If damage is under the clear bra, dealer couldn't claim that. Or they could, but it wouldn't fly with anybody with a finger of brain. Having said that, like he said, a dealer would probably make matters worse (I've learned that the hard way), so I'd let it go too. And yes, I'm also as **** as it gets. But learned when it's worth fighting, and when it's not.
Old 01-25-24, 06:24 PM
woodranch
Pit Crew

Hope this works

Here you go
Old 01-25-24, 06:54 PM
AutoCrazy
Intermediate

Received 182 Likes on 105 Posts

Replying not necessarily as a wise soul but as an experienced soul.

Firstly, you’re not alone in your OCD desire to have a perfect car. I know I, too, obsess over my vehicles and take great pride in their care as an aspect of my appreciation for the engineering, design, and performance of ‘said’ vehicles.
Additionally, the LC500 is marketed/described as a vehicle produced employing world class quality employees and procedures to yield a perfect vehicle.
With these points in mind, finding a paint flaw on your ‘perfect’ vehicle would be completely out of character.
Secondly, these cars are expensive and I know my product quality expectations rise with the much higher $money outlay.

With the above considerations in mind, I would want the paint defect repaired to perfection.

I would seek the advice of paint repair experts to determine if in fact the defect can be repaired to perfection.
My first stop would be to the dealer to show them the defect and seek their remedies/opinions to correct to perfection.
If the dealer doesn’t have a remedy to achieve perfect paint finish, I would visit a high quality paint body shop that I believe is the best around to seek their remedies/opinions to correct to perfection. The shop would provide a quote to do the work. I would bring the quote to my dealer to ask them to cover the repair cost. If the dealer says “sorry, no” I would have to decide if I want to pay it.

Now I have engaged in a process to remedy the paint defect and I have to decide if:
- I want to proceed with the paint repair and hope they achieve “perfect” results.
- Accept that the paint defect is there. Know that it is covered with PPF and it will never be a concern for corrosion. And accept that the defect is far too small for any one else to ever notice it, including myself who did not see it when I was taking delivery of the car.
My “voice to self” would now be more comfortable in saying, “It’s okay. I probably won’t notice it unless I’m looking for it. And when some ‘clown’ parks right beside me in the huge parking lot, I won’t be worried about the hood. I’ll be moving my car away from that ‘clown’ to avoid a door dent!”

Hope this helps!

Old 01-25-24, 07:31 PM
AutoCrazy
Intermediate

Received 182 Likes on 105 Posts

woodranch, another point to consider is that once your car has sat in the sun and heat for a bit, the PPF may adhere to the paint more effectively and the paint defect may become even less noticeable…hopefully!
Old 01-25-24, 07:55 PM
woodranch
Pit Crew

Thanks, but not sure that will work. I can feel the imperfection with my finger. My biggest hope is to get touch up paint and hope it will adhere the the film and not see it from a few feet out!
Old 01-25-24, 09:45 PM
Fester
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by woodranch
Hi all, here is a long story hopefully short. I picked up my brand new LC yesterday morning and I am absolutely in love! Everything about the car is fantastic! One of the options I got was the 3m film applied to the front part of the hood. When I inspected the car it was perfect. Unfortunately, today after I washed and waxed the car, I found the smallest imperfection right smack in the middle of the hood toward the front, above the grill,under the film. It is a white type of imperfection, maybe a 1/8 of and inch max.However, when it is your baby, you notice it. I called the best film guy in my area and he said ,definitely leave it alone and just touch it up with touch up paint. It does make sense, because I am a little worried to take it back to the dealer and redo it. First of all it is done at the port and secondly, I do not want to open Pandora’s box and redo it. I probably will get a lot more imperfections then this in the future guaranteed , but unfortunatel,I am OCD! I hope I can hear from some wise souls on how to just accept this and be truly grateful for having to a beautiful,awesome car. Sorry for the rambling, but I guess if it was not on the hood it might be easier! Thanks you for all advice in in advance! Just a little bummed……unfortunately the imperfection is white..
If you’re in the California Bay Area, let me know
Old 01-25-24, 10:05 PM
woodranch
Pit Crew

Thank you, Fester but I am in Los Angeles….please DM me with any thoughts.
Old 01-26-24, 06:11 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

I would say that if you get it touched up by a professional, do it, but DON'T repaint the whole hood. Then get the whole hood re-PPF'd.
The following users liked this post:
Badhobz (01-26-24)