LC Model (2018-present)

LC500 extra luggage options?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-24, 11:12 AM
MMoB
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JCtx
Not that much difference: 4.7 vs 5.4 cu ft, so can carry an extra box of tissues on a coupe, or a few more snacks. Ha ha. And no way I'd have anybody riding behind me, even at 5'10". When I test-drove one, the back rest was almost touching the back seat, so having to move the seat forward to accommodate an adult at the back, would make my drive extremely uncomfortable. Like somebody else said, just take a proper vehicle instead, but to each is own, of course. Good luck.
Are you sure about that? Everything I've read indicates that the convertible cargo space is only 3.4 cu ft, which would be quite a bit smaller than the 5.4 cu. ft. of space available in the coupe's trunk. You may be thinking of the hybrid which is supposed to be 4.7.

I went to a Lexus dealer last week to test drive a CPO convertible, but I was surprised at exactly how small the trunk space was. That may be a deal killer for me. I haven't been able to compare it to a coupe yet because there aren't any coupes within 150 miles of where I live. However, I'm taking a little road trip next week so I'll be able to see one then. If I can fit a couple of decent- sized pieces of luggage in that trunk (and I don't mean carry-on size), then I'll sacrifice having a convertible for the larger trunk space.
Old 03-04-24, 11:26 AM
lynneandbryan
10th Gear

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Convertible trunk is very small. Can confirm only (2) 22inch carry on bags with personal items fit. At least for us it did. Attaching a photo to help with decisions.
Old 03-04-24, 01:01 PM
MMoB
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lynneandbryan
Convertible trunk is very small. Can confirm only (2) 22inch carry on bags with personal items fit. At least for us it did. Attaching a photo to help with decisions.
I appreciate your reply, but I think you misunderstood my quandary. I'm familiar with what (or more accurately, won't) fit in the trunk of the convertible. What I'm wanting to find out is if the coupe trunk is significantly larger and will fit a couple of decent-sized pieces of luggage and not just a couple of carry-on bags. If it will, then I'll have to decide if the extra luggage space is worth giving up the convertible top.
The following users liked this post:
TTBomB (03-04-24)
Old 03-04-24, 02:58 PM
tennman117
Pit Crew

Received 77 Likes on 39 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by MMoB
I appreciate your reply, but I think you misunderstood my quandary. I'm familiar with what (or more accurately, won't) fit in the trunk of the convertible. What I'm wanting to find out is if the coupe trunk is significantly larger and will fit a couple of decent-sized pieces of luggage and not just a couple of carry-on bags. If it will, then I'll have to decide if the extra luggage space is worth giving up the convertible top.
5.4 vs 3.4 cu/ft.
That is about 18 boxes of cereal, 11 bowling *****, or 110 cans of green beans.
Quite a difference if you are hungry or going bowling with a few friends who have no *****.
The following users liked this post:
2959 (04-21-24)
Old 03-04-24, 04:47 PM
jbuffett
Intermediate

Received 194 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by MMoB
Sorry, this wasn't clear in your first post. You are considering the LC500 convertible vs the coupe?

In addition to trunk space, one other thing to consider: the back seats in the convertible sit nearly straight up. You can see the difference in seat angle from the front seats to the rear in this convertible:

The back seat in the convertible is not a very comfortable long-term place to be. In addition to the trunk being larger, the seat back in the LC coupe has more of a recline angle as well.