LC Model (2018-present)

Rims for a2024 base model (can't have the factory ugly rims!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-24, 12:14 AM
Mera
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=sickpuppy;11679679]I received my Vossen CG-202 wheels last Thursday. My LC is much too dirty right to take pics. But here is a pict of the rear wheel:

The Lexus centers did not fit the new wheels,

One option you might have is take your old Lexus center caps and cut off the fingers on the back off and grind them flush and then glue them to the Vossen center caps. If someone would like to do that but does not have the ability to do that send them to me and I would do that for you just to see how it works.

Rodney
Old 03-03-24, 03:53 AM
Mera
Driver School Candidate

Looking on line I find aftermarket Lexus center caps, The L emblem in chrome and black. Other options. I should be able to do something if Lexus does not have a cap that fits and looks correct.

Rodney
Old 03-03-24, 12:14 PM
Reefbreak
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by StuM
I ordered a ‘24 coupe two months ago. I ordered the much better looking 10 spoke, optional wheels, but my dealer says Lexus keeps denying that wheel option. Supposedly due to unavailability. I hate the ‘24 standard wheels. Will either need to have them stripped and powder coated a dark titanium color, or buy replacements. Then toss the ugly set in a creek! No confirmed build or delivery date/month provided either. Assume, even if they do build my car, it may well be a ‘25, due to the lengthy delay. Gotta’ love the Lexus/Toyota ordering process. Maybe I should go back to Porsche’s. 😕
I've not heard the "unavailability" issue from anyone else but it certainly got my attention. I assume your dealer said it is the new, inverted flower petal wheel or nothing? My dealer recently confirmed my order had been accepted...it is "Package A" which is rather straigtforward (Touring, HUD, 10 spoke, LSD). I'll likely call them again just to be sure there was no issue with the 10 spoke wheel option. Being in CA, did you consider other dealerships? Only one here on Oahu and they are not even a part of Lexus NA...not much wiggle room when dealing with them. Keeping my fingers crossed that nothing goes sideways.
Old 03-03-24, 12:50 PM
StuM
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

My dealer says he’s tried several times to update my order. Including switching around or adding other optional equipment, to see it something might trigger acceptance of the optional wheels and whole order. So far, no dice. I told him those std wheels are pure 💩 and must go!
Old 03-03-24, 12:57 PM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by StuM
My dealer says he’s tried several times to update my order. Including switching around or adding other optional equipment, to see it something might trigger acceptance of the optional wheels and whole order. So far, no dice. I told him those std wheels are pure 💩 and must go!
There are 24's with the optional wheels currently for sale.
Old 03-04-24, 08:13 PM
Mera
Driver School Candidate

My 2024 base model convertible with the ugly rims is coming in soon. Once I have it home I'll order the Vossen HF-1's in silver. They will make me happy. The center caps are an issue. I'll work on that. I really want a stock looking Lexus center cap in silver. I want it to look like it came from the factory with them on it.

Rodney

Old 03-05-24, 11:44 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,950 Likes on 1,373 Posts

^^^^As I posted above along with a pict - The stock Lexus center caps did fit my previous HF-1s.

You may want to state your spec reference with your order. I am running PS4S in larger than stock sizes with my Vossens. My wheels are 9½" & 10½" wide with offsets of +5 front and +15 rear. If you want to run stock size tires you may want something less.

My tire sizes are 255/40/21 & 295/35/21.

My last order for the CG-202 took over six weeks to arrive. You may want to order now and avoid any wait.

EDIT -

Reread you post:

https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/lexus-ornament-sub-assy-w~42603-30550.html

https://parts.lexusofkendall.com/oem-parts/lexus-center-cap-4260330551

Last edited by flowrider; 03-05-24 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-05-24, 11:33 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Forum Moderator

Received 446 Likes on 368 Posts

There are many great aftermarket wheel options for the LC. I don’t have one yet, but I plan on going with wheels from one of the following brands: Forgiato, GMR, VIP Modular, SSR, Work, or Advan.

It really depends on the size you want and the style. Me personally, I like deep dish wheels with fat lips and would like to go with 22 inch wheels. If a lightweight or sporty wheel is what to you want then look into a 20 inch set of Forgestar, BBS, SSR, CCW, Volk, HRE, or Advan wheels.

If you don’t mind the wheels being heavier or larger, you could go with AG Wheels, GMR, Forgiato, Vossen, VIP Modular, Rohana, and Rotiform wheels.

I’ve owned Rotiforms, Works, Leon Hardiritt, Racing Hart, and SSR wheels over the years. The SSR’s were super lightweight compared to everything else I’ve had, with multiple sets of OEM Lexus wheels included. The rest were heavier, but also bigger and wider as well.
The following users liked this post:
IS_250 (03-12-24)
Old 03-06-24, 12:59 AM
Mera
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kira X
There are many great aftermarket wheel options for the LC. I don’t have one yet, but I plan on going with wheels from one of the following brands: Forgiato, GMR, VIP Modular, SSR, Work, or Advan.

It really depends on the size you want
I want to to stay with a stock rim size and reuse the factory tires that come on my LC. They have to be silver. No chrome on them. I will have my LC in the next several days. Once here I'll start to research these different rims. I'm very picky on the rims. I want them to look like they would have came like that from the factory. I like the Vossen HF-1's. They look good to me and look like they could have come on my LC from the factory. But I will certainly research all the rims you mention. I'm very happy that at least there is a rim out there I like.

Rodney
2024 LC500 convertible soon to be here.
Old 03-10-24, 09:24 PM
FR680
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by sickpuppy
I received my Vossen CG-202 wheels last Thursday. My LC is much too dirty right to take pics. But here is a pict of the rear wheel:

My prior Vossen wheels were the HF-1, like the ones in post No 5 above. The CG-202 is a forged wheel and weighs 8 lbs per wheel less than the hybrid-forged (cast) HF-1s.
Have you felt a difference (improvement) in the ride quality, acceleration or braking performance, as is common when upgrading to noticeably lighter weight wheels?
Old 03-11-24, 08:54 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Forum Moderator

Received 446 Likes on 368 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Mera
I want to to stay with a stock rim size and reuse the factory tires that come on my LC. They have to be silver. No chrome on them. I will have my LC in the next several days. Once here I'll start to research these different rims. I'm very picky on the rims. I want them to look like they would have came like that from the factory. I like the Vossen HF-1's. They look good to me and look like they could have come on my LC from the factory. But I will certainly research all the rims you mention. I'm very happy that at least there is a rim out there I like.

Rodney
2024 LC500 convertible soon to be here.
I think you’d like the Vossens. Silver is classy and the Vossens can give that stock look. The dealership I worked at used to put Vossens on RC’s and LC’s. They really look like they came with the car if you put Lexus center caps on them.

The following users liked this post:
NiceCars (03-11-24)
Old 03-12-24, 01:35 AM
Mera
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kira X
I think you’d like the Vossens. Silver is classy and the Vossens can give that stock look. The dealership I worked at used to put Vossens on RC’s and LC’s. They really look like they came with the car if you put Lexus center caps on them.
I would give anything to find out what year and model Lexus center caps they used that matched the silver of these Vossen rims in silver. This is seriously exciting. If I can buy OEM Lexus center caps that match well with these rims in silver I will be a seriously happy camper! At worst I can take a Vossen rim to my Lexus dealer and ask the parts people their opinions. They should have some center caps in stock. I have not yet ordered my rims. But hearing this I want to think I will get these Vossen rims. I'm waiting on ordering them until my LC is here.

A Lexus dealer in Chicago has a wall of these Vossen rims on display. They may very well know also.

I get my LC on Friday.

Thanks
Rodney

Old 03-12-24, 10:23 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,950 Likes on 1,373 Posts

^^^^In post #22 above, I linked silver Lexus center caps for you
Old 03-12-24, 10:42 AM
Mera
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sickpuppy
^^^^In post #22 above, I linked silver Lexus center caps for you
Wow. I missed that. But if this all works out I'll be really happy. I mean really happy.

Rodney