LC Model (2018-present)

Rims for a2024 base model (can't have the factory ugly rims!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-24, 10:20 PM
Mera
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rims for a2024 base model (can't have the factory ugly rims!)

Stock rims on a 2024 LC500 base model. I'm looking to buy a 2024 LC500 controvertible. Laser red. But: I can not have one with what I call those ugly factory rims. There are like three in the USA and all have those ugly rims. The black and chrome style. I've been looking at aftermarket rims. I may not find what I want in aftermarket rims that would make me happy. The optional 20 spoke nice rim from the factory seems to be rare. I can buy them but a set from Lexus costs like $15,000. My dealer guy says maybe he can get Lexus to do a special order and maybe Lexus would build a LC500 to my specs. Has anyone found any aftermarket rims for your LC500?

Thanks
Rodney
Old 03-02-24, 02:48 AM
Mera
Driver School Candidate

I did find this one from Vosser wheels:https://vossenwheels.com/wheel/hf-1/

Also: At a Lexus dealer I went to in Chicago to look at a LC500 they had Vosser rims displayed on a wall. This Vosser rim was one of them. I like this one better. As soon as Vosser answers my question on the first one I'll ask them about this rim.

I would need to be able to use a Lexus center cap in these. I do not want the Vosser center cap. That will make them look factory.

Rodney

Old 03-02-24, 05:31 AM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

I too don’t like what they did to the standard 21’s, the reverse painting of black vs the previous version looks bad. The $40.00 optional rims are nicer, but I still like the pre ‘24 21’s best.

Last edited by NiceCars; 03-02-24 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-02-24, 06:42 AM
Mera
Driver School Candidate

This is the Vossen rim that fits the LC500. The rim I show above, I believe, is not made in 21".

I assume they can paint this rim below any color one asks for. I'll be asking them if it can be machined to fit a Lexus center cap. My rims have to have a Lexus center cap. I should find out on Monday about the color and center cap question.

Rodney

Old 03-02-24, 07:31 AM
Reefbreak
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NiceCars
I too don’t like what they did to the standard 21’s, the reverse painting of black vs the previous version looks bad. The $40.00 optional rims are nicer, but I still like the pre ‘24 21’s best.
Ditto. I'll have to see how the 10-spoke ($40 option) looks when my LC arrives. They look nice in the pics I am seeing but had I the option...would have gone with the pe-24's all day. If need be, changing out the wheels will be just a minor nuisance.
Old 03-02-24, 08:26 AM
LC911JEFF
Pit Crew

Received 97 Likes on 49 Posts

You can buy factory rims in perfect condition on eBay for very reasonable prices. I bought a set for my winter tires and paid around 2 grand. Just check out the seller and make sure they have good history.Some sellers are tire shops that are reliable.
The following users liked this post:
Reefbreak (03-03-24)
Old 03-02-24, 11:13 AM
Mera
Driver School Candidate

I do not want any chrome in my rims. I want them painted silver or silver grayish. Silver gun metalish etc. I'm also going to wrap the chrome in the grill to match the grill gray and wrap the chrome little strips on the mirrors to match the gray trim there. I do not like that chrome. The car is already outstanding. No need for that chrome IMO. So I will dechrome the grill and mirrors. Cheap and easy to have done. Can be removed if I change my mind. I considered changing to the Bespoke all black grill but that is too much black. I'll leave the chrome on the rear bumper as it is.

Rodney

Old 03-02-24, 01:34 PM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Reefbreak
Ditto. I'll have to see how the 10-spoke ($40 option) looks when my LC arrives. They look nice in the pics I am seeing but had I the option...would have gone with the pe-24's all day. If need be, changing out the wheels will be just a minor nuisance.
The optional wheels are a bit of the last Inspiration's design. When is yours due, is it a vert or coupe?
Old 03-02-24, 02:20 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,950 Likes on 1,373 Posts

I received my Vossen CG-202 wheels last Thursday. My LC is much too dirty right to take pics. But here is a pict of the rear wheel:

My prior Vossen wheels were the HF-1, like the ones in post No 5 above. The CG-202 is a forged wheel and weighs 8 lbs per wheel less than the hybrid-forged (cast) HF-1s. Vossen has many different wheel styles to choose from and I really like the CG-202 The Lexus centers did not fit the new wheels, but the did fit my prior HF1s. The pict below is of the HF-1s:

The forged wheels are much more expensive than the cast wheels.

Also see this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...alue-drop.html

Last edited by flowrider; 03-09-24 at 06:13 PM.
NiceCars (03-02-24)
Old 03-02-24, 06:30 PM
RCFun
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default These are my Vossen HF2. Love them

E3PO (03-08-24)
Old 03-02-24, 06:43 PM
Reefbreak
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NiceCars
The optional wheels are a bit of the last Inspiration's design. When is yours due, is it a vert or coupe?
It is a coupe. Called the dealership this week and order was accepted but build time is quite a wide range...4-6 months. Dealer suggested 4 months is likely so hoping for a late June/early July delivery.
Old 03-02-24, 07:09 PM
StuM
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I ordered a ‘24 coupe two months ago. I ordered the much better looking 10 spoke, optional wheels, but my dealer says Lexus keeps denying that wheel option. Supposedly due to unavailability. I hate the ‘24 standard wheels. Will either need to have them stripped and powder coated a dark titanium color, or buy replacements. Then toss the ugly set in a creek! No confirmed build or delivery date/month provided either. Assume, even if they do build my car, it may well be a ‘25, due to the lengthy delay. Gotta’ love the Lexus/Toyota ordering process. Maybe I should go back to Porsche’s. 😕
Old 03-02-24, 07:10 PM
FR680
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Wheel specs

Originally Posted by RCFun
Your wheels look good.

What are their specs (diameter, width, offset)?

Do you have more pictures showing different angles?
StuM (03-02-24)
Old 03-02-24, 07:18 PM
RCFun
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks, this is the only other pic I have. It’s the OEM 21” tires but I bought the car new from the dealer with these wheels already installed, so honestly don’t know the specs.

The following 2 users liked this post by RCFun:
FR680 (03-02-24), NiceCars (03-02-24)
Old 03-03-24, 12:11 AM
Mera
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=sickpuppy;11679679]I received my Vossen CG-202 wheels last Thursday. My LC is much too dirty right to take pics. But here is a pict of the rear wheel:

My prior Vossen wheels were the HF-1, like the ones in post No 5 above. T The Lexus centers did fit my HF1s. The pict below is of the HF-1s:

We I am certainly happy to see this. These are available in a satin silver which is exactly what I want. I would need to see if Lexus makes a center cap in a silver that fits. I'm willing to bet they do. I would assume many Lexus factory rims use the same size cap etc. Car manufacturers like to make a one size fits many rims like this. The CG-202's are around $10,000 with shipping in the USA. So I would probably get these HF-1s. I would still keep looking to look for all my options before i would commit to getting these HF-1s. But at least I know something I would be happy with exists. Around $4000 shipped with Vossen lug nuts.

Many thanks!
Rodney

Quick Reply: Rims for a2024 base model (can't have the factory ugly rims!)