LC Model (2018-present)

Satin finish PPF

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-24, 02:13 PM
zissis
Pit Crew

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Satin finish PPF

I will be getting a 2024 Bespoke white LC in the next month or so. I will be applying a full PPF on the vehicle and was wondering is anyone went with a satin (Mat) finish PPF on white before? If so, how did it come out? I have a matt white 2024 Mercedes SL 43 and fell in love with the matt white finish on it.
Old 03-24-24, 03:55 PM
North1Star
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Congrats on your new car. Matte PPF on LC’s show the sharp body lines. I have seen white LC with matte ppf before, looks good to me.
Old 03-24-24, 06:50 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 106 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by zissis
I will be getting a 2024 Bespoke white LC in the next month or so. I will be applying a full PPF on the vehicle and was wondering is anyone went with a satin (Mat) finish PPF on white before? If so, how did it come out? I have a matt white 2024 Mercedes SL 43 and fell in love with the matt white finish on it.
If you do this please post pics! I'm considering satin on my bespoke USB 2.0 (coming July I hope). I'll probably ask the shop to put a few samples on the vehicle to compare before committing tho.
Old 03-25-24, 06:50 AM
zissis
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mehran888
If you do this please post pics! I'm considering satin on my bespoke USB 2.0 (coming July I hope). I'll probably ask the shop to put a few samples on the vehicle to compare before committing tho.
I have decided to get it done. I got a rough quote of approximately 5K for a full wrap with a massively long warranty. Not cheap but well worth compared to a full respray. Too bad that the inspiration series only comes in a full blue interior because for 2024 it's a semi satin white exterior.
The following users liked this post:
mehran888 (03-25-24)
Old 03-25-24, 04:51 PM
fodalo
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 249 Posts

@#$%^&*(&%#
Old 03-28-24, 12:13 AM
Dukeaudio
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 81 Posts

My '24 IS has Ceramic Pro matte ppf (whole car), and i think you'll appreciate having ppf installed! I do!
zissis (03-28-24)
Old 05-20-24, 07:31 AM
zissis
Pit Crew

Car is going in for the work next Monday. I will post pics when it's done ... work will take 2 weeks ... they are doing Matt on every white part and gloss on all the carbon bits expect for the matt carbon on the foot well area. Also doing full ceramic everywhere .. including the white interior and wheels. Ended up with a GREAT shop that I trust and have seen their final work on many exotics. This is a full bulk cut with no relief cuts so the matt will be seamless. They are also doing some disassembly to get that perfect look. Total cost, 11k US.
The following 4 users liked this post by zissis:
355F1 (05-20-24), AutoCrazy (05-20-24), ladyspeedster (05-21-24), mehran888 (05-20-24)
Old 05-20-24, 09:45 AM
rcho
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I would do matte on the door sill carbon fiber
Old 05-20-24, 10:57 AM
zissis
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by rcho
I would do matte on the door sill carbon fiber
They are doing matt on the matt part and gloss on the gloss part of the carbon fiber.
Old 05-24-24, 11:20 AM
tjalin
5th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I installed stealth ultimate XPEL on my 24 IS. Did the entire front including A pillars, black trim around windshield, Lexus emblem, headlights, side mirrors, etc. The quarter panels were one continuous sheet stretched over those funky canards. Also did the door sills (stealth and gloss) and rocker panels all the way to the rear tires, as well as behind the rear tires. There is almost no visual difference between the covered and non-covered areas. I elected not to debadge/disassemble anything (didn't like the idea) and any areas where it was not fully tuckable you can barely see the seam even at close-up because the stealth blends incredibly well with the Polar Surge Satin color. Happy with the final outcome.

Before PPF

After PPF

The following 5 users liked this post by tjalin:
1wacko (05-25-24), jennypenny (05-27-24), mehran888 (05-24-24), pkim1078 (05-29-24), zissis (05-24-24)
Old 05-24-24, 11:36 AM
zissis
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by tjalin
I installed stealth ultimate XPEL on my 24 IS. Did the entire front including A pillars, black trim around windshield, Lexus emblem, headlights, side mirrors, etc. The quarter panels were one continuous sheet stretched over those funky canards. Also did the door sills (stealth and gloss) and rocker panels all the way to the rear tires, as well as behind the rear tires. There is almost no visual difference between the covered and non-covered areas. I elected not to debadge/disassemble anything (didn't like the idea) and any areas where it was not fully tuckable you can barely see the seam even at close-up because the stealth blends incredibly well with the Polar Surge Satin color. Happy with the final outcome.

Before PPF

After PPF
This is EXACTLY the look I will have on mine. You where lucky to have an inspiration that comes mat from factory. Reason why I went full stealth is because my bespoke has the non mat paint.
Old 05-24-24, 03:32 PM
Dukeaudio
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by tjalin

Before PPF

After PPF
I chose the Ceramic Pro Kavaca Matte for my IS, and during test fit i did see a difference in sheen. So i had whole car done. Glad you didn't have to do that with yours. Looks came awesome!👍🏽
zissis (05-24-24)
Old 05-25-24, 03:39 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

To each his own....
I did the whole car on my RS6 and after 2 years I regretted having it done. There will always be edges that can't be tucked and eventually (especially on the front) there will be dirt gathering on the edges of the film that can't be removed. Also seems to always be a couple of places that the edges try to peel up. Since I don't do a lot of Interstate driving I'm just going to take my chances and use the $4-5K for PPF on paint correction if needed. I certainly don't think the PPF enhances the look of the car but everyone has choices to make.
Old 05-25-24, 06:49 PM
zissis
Pit Crew

Going from a gloss white paint to mat ppf is a huge visual enhancement plus the added benefit of protection
mehran888 (05-25-24)
Old 05-26-24, 11:36 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

This one was just on cars on bids. Reserve not met ($71k). 2022.

The following 2 users liked this post by azmojo:
2959 (05-27-24), zissis (05-26-24)

Quick Reply: Satin finish PPF