LC Model (2018-present)

2024 LC500 Bespoke Build Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-24, 09:04 PM
FR680
Rookie

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by CarolinaGeo
Incidentally, I was told by my dealership that the Bespoke option was not available for the LC500h (hybrid) model. So I had to do a build from the basic packages.
LC500h Bespoke Build as shown in the 2024 LC 500 brochure (US):

Old 03-28-24, 10:08 PM
kirkd1
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

AAh! , yet another uneducated dealer, there is a suprise!
Old 03-29-24, 03:36 AM
CarolinaGeo
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I know that Bespoke builds are possible for the hybrids; what I was told is that Corporate had made a decision not to allow them for the US market at the current time. I was not given a reason. It's possible that the dealership was feeding me a line, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, since they did actually pursue the question. I was told that just doing a regular build on the hybrid required special permission from Corporate, so I was happy that I was able to do a build at all.

There was really only one additional feature that I would have wanted from a Bespoke build, and I can live without it, so I'm good!

Cheers!
Old 03-29-24, 05:44 AM
Nesszors
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Given that I'm ordering mine now almost halfway through the year, there's no doubt that news about the 2025 MY will come out shortly in May. Does anyone know if I will have the option to change certain features to MY 25 if my build hasn't been approved by the time the press releases come out?
Old 04-04-24, 12:06 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 108 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Nesszors
Given that I'm ordering mine now almost halfway through the year, there's no doubt that news about the 2025 MY will come out shortly in May. Does anyone know if I will have the option to change certain features to MY 25 if my build hasn't been approved by the time the press releases come out?
Not an expert here, but having worked in a Toyota facility, normally they have a changeover period for vehicle changes. And there's a cut-off date where they swap from one year to another. So unless you actually ask for your build to be pushed back, chances are that if it's "approved" as a MY24 (or scheduled to be built within the MY24 production window), you won't get the ability to change features to MY 25.

Again, not an expert. Just based on my experience having worked at Toyota and some other knowledge around manufacturing.
The following 2 users liked this post by mehran888:
AutoCrazy (04-05-24), Nesszors (04-05-24)
Old 04-05-24, 01:13 PM
Nesszors
Rookie

Another question. For the coupes, I'm reading that the white/blue seats only come in semi-aniline leather and not alcantara. Does that mean they are *not* the sport seats?
Old 04-05-24, 02:26 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts

Another question. For the coupes, I'm reading that the white/blue seats only come in semi-aniline leather and not alcantara. Does that mean they are *not* the sport seats?
not at all , they can be sports or touring seats, they just don't make alcantara seats in white I think

Last edited by Gojirra99; 04-05-24 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-05-24, 03:15 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 108 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
not at althey can be sports or touring seats, they just don't make alcantara seats in white I think
My bespoke ordering guide in Canada only has one blue/white seat option and it's not in the sport seat column.
Old 04-05-24, 04:31 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mehran888
My bespoke ordering guide in Canada only has one blue/white seat option and it's not in the sport seat column.
not when I was ordering my Canadian 2024 bespoke March last year, I have considered the white/blue interior also, they are available on both Sport & Touring seats for the coupes , but in full leather only. But the convertible is always only available in Sports and full leather seats only in any colour as I understand it, I never saw convertibles with the Touring seats design anywhere ...
The following users liked this post:
mehran888 (04-05-24)
Old 04-05-24, 04:51 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Btw, I thought Lexus Canada stopped accepting bespoke orders for 2024 for close to a year?
Old 04-05-24, 07:15 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,908 Likes on 1,344 Posts

I never saw convertibles with the Touring seats design anywhere ...
And you never will

Lou
Old 04-05-24, 09:35 PM
FR680
Rookie

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Btw, I thought Lexus Canada stopped accepting bespoke orders for 2024 for close to a year?
When I tried to order a 2024 Bespoke Build last July, I was told that the ordering window had recently closed. I got a call from my local dealership in February this year saying that my Bespoke Build order has been accepted.
Old 04-06-24, 12:44 PM
Nesszors
Rookie

not at all , they can be sports or touring seats, they just don't make alcantara seats in white I think
I've never seen the white/blue interior with the sport seats though in any of the coupe builds. Have you seen one?
Old 04-06-24, 05:24 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

I've never seen the white/blue interior with the sport seats though in any of the coupe builds. Have you seen one?
At least in Canada, you can get the white/blue interior even in non-bespoke LC500 for certain(3)exterior colours for the Dynamic Package sports model, which comes with Sports seats only, go to the Lexus Canada configuration site and try building the Dynamic Package model with white interior , it is allowed. As for real life pictures, we are selling so few of them in Canada and almost all are special orders only unless the dealership decide to special order one, especially the coupe, it may be hard to find pictures of an actual LC500 coupe with white sports seat, but it should be possible according to the Canadian build configurator to get white/blue Sports seat for the coupe.
Old 04-29-24, 08:09 PM
PhilP
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

UPDATE 2: The LC coming in will now go to a dealer in Georgia who wants it. Think I'll wait for the 2025's to give it another go.

UPDATE: Discussion with dealer today which verified the missing Dynamic Handling Package which is unavoidable with a bespoke build. I've said I don't want the car and am waiting to hear back on their position. I suspect they're trying to find one they can trade for with my spec, but will see.

I'm going through this dealer knowledge issue now. I was told today that the car I ordered in January was heading to the port but had a few things I didn't want, like key gloves. Getting into that over the phone with my salesman, I became concerned about what they had actually ordered/requested/accepted on my behalf so he sent me a pdf file showing the build details (and later sent me the bespoke order sheets). I wanted a coupe with the Dynamic Handling Package. Turns out that it's a bespoke build and therefore doesn't have the rear steering or variable ratio steering. The car has some of the items of the Dynamic Handling Package added individually but the cost was a couple of thousand more than the package and that without the rear steering and var ratio steering. The dealer didn't understand this when I said you can't get them on a bespoke build, hence why they sent me the pdf file and bespoke order sheets to review. I've emailed them documenting the discrepancies and should hear back tomorrow. What bugs me most is I asked to see the order sheets back in January to make sure they got it right, but they didn't provide them. Should have pushed harder, I guess.

Last edited by PhilP; 05-03-24 at 08:27 AM.

Quick Reply: 2024 LC500 Bespoke Build Help