Barncobob
Intermediate

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

what a quagmire to order a car....
Old 05-01-24, 07:55 AM
autozero
Pit Crew

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

I waited for over a year and had deposits at 2 different dealers with no movement. My mistake is that I placed my deposit with dealers who I now realize receive very little allocations. I ended up giving up and buying a 911.

Pro tip: if you do a pivot off on the allocation sheet of all the LCs built, you can clearly see which dealers receive the bulk of allocations and which ones receive virtually none. Don't place your deposit with a dealer who hasn't received many LCs so far bc they will have a long waitlist and are unlikely to get many allocations. It's also clear that some colors simply don't get built in high quantities.

Who ever is running Lexus's ordering for the LC should be fired bc this car could have been a much bigger success if they actually fulfilled against customer orders vs simply building whatever they want to build and having those LCs sit for months on showroom floors to then only characterize the LC as not being a strong seller.
The following users liked this post:
2959 (05-01-24)
Old 05-02-24, 03:35 PM
ladyspeedster
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by autozero
I waited for over a year and had deposits at 2 different dealers with no movement. My mistake is that I placed my deposit with dealers who I now realize receive very little allocations. I ended up giving up and buying a 911.

Pro tip: if you do a pivot off on the allocation sheet of all the LCs built, you can clearly see which dealers receive the bulk of allocations and which ones receive virtually none. Don't place your deposit with a dealer who hasn't received many LCs so far bc they will have a long waitlist and are unlikely to get many allocations. It's also clear that some colors simply don't get built in high quantities.

Who ever is running Lexus's ordering for the LC should be fired bc this car could have been a much bigger success if they actually fulfilled against customer orders vs simply building whatever they want to build and having those LCs sit for months on showroom floors to then only characterize the LC as not being a strong seller.
Thanks for sharing the link to the allocation sheet! I was able to find a dealer with the color and options I want and now have a deposit down on the car (it's coming from out of state).
Nesszors (05-03-24)
Old 05-16-24, 09:41 AM
Nesszors
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Placed my order back on April 1st. Still no updates from the dealership. Most people seemed to be getting a build confirmation by around week 5. I wonder why it's taking so long?
Old 05-16-24, 09:59 AM
cwest13
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Nesszors
Placed my order back on April 1st. Still no updates from the dealership. Most people seemed to be getting a build confirmation by around week 5. I wonder why it's taking so long?
High volume dealer or small one? It's possible they still don't have an allocation if they don't get many.
Old 05-16-24, 10:14 AM
Nesszors
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cwest13
High volume dealer or small one? It's possible they still don't have an allocation if they don't get many.
Oh thanks! That makes sense.

They're in Miami. Probably one of the smaller volume dealers down here. Funny story:

I initially went to a larger dealership north of Miami about a year ago but their behavior turned me off to dealing with them. They scoffed at me when I came in looking for an LC asking to run my credit before even showing me one (I look young for my age). They had no coupes either. Then they called me trying to sell me an IS500 special appearance package (the vector Blue, admittedly gorgeous car) instead, telling me it was Lexus' flagship car. I don't like being lied to so that really made me angry. They seemed more interested in trying to sell me whatever they had rather than listening to what I was asking for.

I went to the 2nd dealership a few months later. Second place treated me very nicely, let me drive the LC500 without running my credit or asking for POF. I was so pleased that I started the order process immediately.

But yes it is much smaller than the first place but I chose it specifically because they treated me respectfully. I knew more about the car than the salesperson but you could tell she was doing everything she possibly could to be helpful.
2959 (05-16-24)
Old 05-16-24, 11:04 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 346 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Nesszors
Oh thanks! That makes sense.

They're in Miami. Probably one of the smaller volume dealers down here. Funny story:

I initially went to a larger dealership north of Miami about a year ago but their behavior turned me off to dealing with them. They scoffed at me when I came in looking for an LC asking to run my credit before even showing me one (I look young for my age). They had no coupes either. Then they called me trying to sell me an IS500 special appearance package (the vector Blue, admittedly gorgeous car) instead, telling me it was Lexus' flagship car. I don't like being lied to so that really made me angry. They seemed more interested in trying to sell me whatever they had rather than listening to what I was asking for.
I can’t believe this is still happening in this day and age. I’m glad all the Lexus dealerships here are very professional and treat you with respect.
IME, when I call to confirm the vehicle is available for you to look at, it’s hard not to have someone greeting me when I walk in.
I’ve also just walked in on several occasions without calling and have someone helped or asked if I needed help within 2 mins. There’s usually someone who sits behind a desk in front of the door to greet you.
2959 (05-16-24)
Old 05-16-24, 12:05 PM
Barncobob
Intermediate

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

i ordered/pickup new LC and never met the guy....very professional and I prefer to deal emails..He looked "honest" in his picture.:}}} kept me informed the whole 4-5 months.
Nesszors (05-17-24)
Old 05-16-24, 12:10 PM
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
I can’t believe this is still happening in this day and age. I’m glad all the Lexus dealerships here are very professional and treat you with respect.
IME, when I call to confirm the vehicle is available for you to look at, it’s hard not to have someone greeting me when I walk in.
I’ve also just walked in on several occasions without calling and have someone helped or asked if I needed help within 2 mins. There’s usually someone who sits behind a desk in front of the door to greet you.
So near me are two Lexus dealerships, both owned by the same person. Needed some touchup paint today and the one I usually go to didn't have any in stock but the other did (further away). Nice day, drove the LC top down (any excuse right?). Get there and no greeting, no asking to help, most with their heads down not looking up etc.. I had to hunt someone down to find/help with parts, then ring a buzzer and wait. The normal Dealership I deal with is never like that. I wouldn't say it's a one off, we have bought several Lexus's from that location until we decided to use the other Dealership. My opinion is it maybe related to the location and the clientele they deal with, either way no excuse.