LC Model (2018-present)

2024 LC500 Bespoke Build Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-24, 10:20 AM
Nesszors
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2024 LC500 Bespoke Build Help

I'm currently in the process of ordering my bespoke build. I'm ordering an ultrasonic blue mica 2.0 with the hard top, black interior (love the white/blue but I worry about keeping it clean), and the following options (see image):

But I have a few questions that my sales person isn't 100% sure about:

1) Is it possible to get the full leather sport seats (like the ones in the convertible)? It seems for the hard top model the sport seats only come with the alcantara inserts and cannot be full leather. This isn't that important to me but if I could have the full leather I would. After having tried both, I prefer the sport seats over the touring seats.

2) Initially I wanted the dynamic handling package because of the options it provides. However, I also want dark chrome trim and the matte black wheels. The dealership told me in order to get those, I have to go bespoke. Are there any options in the DHP that are *not* available if I get the bespoke build?

3) I'm still not 100% sure about the carbon fiber roof vs the glass roof. Does anyone have pics of the carbon fiber roof?

4) If I go bespoke and add the DHP options, is it roughly the same price?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-26-24, 12:46 PM
kirkd1
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I am thinking if you are ordering a custom built car and the guy selling the car does not have the experience, training, and knowledge to answer any and all of your questions it is time to get someone who can or change dealerships. You should not have to come to a forum to do his job for him.. A job that you are paying him a lot of money to do poorly!
The following 3 users liked this post by kirkd1:
AutoCrazy (03-26-24), derporsche (03-30-24), finny76 (03-27-24)
Old 03-26-24, 12:48 PM
Nesszors
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

They've been much nicer than the other Lexus dealerships where the salesmen felt like predators. I prefer someone nice who doesn't know every little detail over a predatory salesperson. The bespoke ordering system is not easy to use or understand so I don't expect anyone to be an expert on it. I know some people here have gone through the process.
Old 03-26-24, 01:01 PM
kirkd1
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I agree there is a lot of knowledge here.. You are to enjoy this process stress free. You are paying them thousands of dollars to provide you this service and have the knowledge and ability to do so. You will get the service you ask for. Congratulations and enjoy the ride! Not many people get the opportunity you have.
Old 03-26-24, 01:51 PM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

One of the most disconcerting things about buying a high-end item is the sales person knows far less than their customer. This should be quite embarrassing to both the sales assc. and dealer, but in most cases neither really care and nothing changes. How sad.
The following users liked this post:
CarolinaGeo (03-26-24)
Old 03-26-24, 03:33 PM
CarolinaGeo
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by NiceCars
One of the most disconcerting things about buying a high-end item is the sales person knows far less than their customer. This should be quite embarrassing to both the sales assc. and dealer, but in most cases neither really care and nothing changes. How sad.
I totally agree! I'm the kind of consumer who researches the heck out of anything I'm going to spend money on. And then when I go to the store, I have to explain all about the item to the salesperson. But every once in a while, I'll find a salesperson who knows what he's talking about, and then it's a breath of fresh air to have a meaningful conversation about the product and the industry. When it comes to the LC500h I just ordered, most of the salespeople I talked to didn't know diddly about the hybrid version. I admit it's a pretty rare car, but still.
Nesszors (03-26-24)
Old 03-26-24, 03:46 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts

Well, you stated you are worried about keeping the white/blue interior clean, but that's the only interior color combo where you can get in full leather only, so even with the sports seats it is going to be full leather
Nesszors (03-26-24)
Old 03-27-24, 03:48 AM
Niko25
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nesszors
I'm currently in the process of ordering my bespoke build. I'm ordering an ultrasonic blue mica 2.0 with the hard top, black interior (love the white/blue but I worry about keeping it clean), and the following options (see image):

But I have a few questions that my sales person isn't 100% sure about:

1) Is it possible to get the full leather sport seats (like the ones in the convertible)? It seems for the hard top model the sport seats only come with the alcantara inserts and cannot be full leather. This isn't that important to me but if I could have the full leather I would. After having tried both, I prefer the sport seats over the touring seats.

2) Initially I wanted the dynamic handling package because of the options it provides. However, I also want dark chrome trim and the matte black wheels. The dealership told me in order to get those, I have to go bespoke. Are there any options in the DHP that are *not* available if I get the bespoke build?

3) I'm still not 100% sure about the carbon fiber roof vs the glass roof. Does anyone have pics of the carbon fiber roof?

4) If I go bespoke and add the DHP options, is it roughly the same price?

Thanks in advance!
1. No, on the coupe full leather only comes with comfort seats. Alcantara seats only come with sports seats.
2. Bespoke builds don't have DHP. Active Rear Steering and Variable Gear-Ratio Steering are not options on the Bespoke Build.
3. A lot of LCs -- including non-Bespoke Builds -- have this roof so it shouldn't be hard to find a pic on Google, in another thread, or in the LC FB groups.
4. No. Back to #2, some DHP options are not available on the Bespoke Builds.
Nesszors (03-27-24)
Old 03-27-24, 03:51 AM
Niko25
10th Gear

Originally Posted by kirkd1
I am thinking if you are ordering a custom built car and the guy selling the car does not have the experience, training, and knowledge to answer any and all of your questions it is time to get someone who can or change dealerships. You should not have to come to a forum to do his job for him.. A job that you are paying him a lot of money to do poorly!
If the Bespoke Build were far more common I would agree. However, most dealers only get one Bespoke Build allocated max if they can even get an allocation, so I wouldn't expect the sales people to be trained on Bespoke Builds.
Old 03-27-24, 03:28 PM
rcho
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

is it true that Lexus is pre-configure the Bespoke builds and ship it to random dealers. Dealers cannot choose?
Old 03-27-24, 05:44 PM
Niko25
10th Gear

Originally Posted by rcho
is it true that Lexus is pre-configure the Bespoke builds and ship it to random dealers. Dealers cannot choose?
I'm fairly certain not. I ordered mine to my spec. I suspect ones delivered without owners were people that backed out of their order after production started in the factory.
Old 03-28-24, 09:29 AM
jbuffett
Intermediate

Received 190 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by rcho
Most of the cars Lexus builds -- across all models -- are pre-determined by Lexus based on customer preference data, sales data, supply chain etc. It's a very centrally managed process. These cars are allocated to the dealers, who can then trade allocations if a specific customer wants a car that another dealer is getting.

"Bespoke Build" is Lexus' custom build process for LC500's, new in 2022 for LC coupes and 2024 for LC convertibles. You submit the options you want, Lexus accepts or rejects the build sheet then (if accepted) builds the car and ships it to your dealer.

A number of dealers have ended up with "bespoke build" cars in inventory either because a customer who spec'd the car backed out, or because the dealer wanted to go through the bespoke process and build a car that they think would be desirable for their market.
Old 03-28-24, 11:00 AM
CarolinaGeo
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Incidentally, I was told by my dealership that the Bespoke option was not available for the LC500h (hybrid) model. So I had to do a build from the basic packages.
Old 03-28-24, 11:28 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 108 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by CarolinaGeo
Incidentally, I was told by my dealership that the Bespoke option was not available for the LC500h (hybrid) model. So I had to do a build from the basic packages.
Interesting. The Canadian bespoke PDF builder has the LC500h in there as an option.
Old 03-28-24, 11:37 AM
Niko25
10th Gear

Originally Posted by CarolinaGeo
Hybrid is definitely available in the US too, at least in 2022 when I ordered.

Quick Reply: 2024 LC500 Bespoke Build Help