OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you....exactly what I needed.
Old 07-04-24, 05:22 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 365 Likes on 251 Posts

For those ordering, did you test drive your actual build before singing paperwork at the dealership? I've never purchased a car where I haven't driven the exact physical vehicle I'm buying as I've always purchased specific vehicles from dealer inventory.
​​​​​​
Is this a thing you all are doing and should I ensure I test drive my vehicle before taking delivery, or are you all taking delivery without an actual drive in your exact vehicle at delivery?

I don't know what protocol is here, also what value it has to do this. Am I really going to find something so glaringly wrong in a 10 minute drive that the dealer didn't find during PDI?
Old 07-04-24, 06:26 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 108 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by np20412
For those ordering, did you test drive your actual build before singing paperwork at the dealership? I've never purchased a car where I haven't driven the exact physical vehicle I'm buying as I've always purchased specific vehicles from dealer inventory.
​​​​​​
Is this a thing you all are doing and should I ensure I test drive my vehicle before taking delivery, or are you all taking delivery without an actual drive in your exact vehicle at delivery?

I don't know what protocol is here, also what value it has to do this. Am I really going to find something so glaringly wrong in a 10 minute drive that the dealer didn't find during PDI?
The only LC I drove was a 2018, and I loved it. So I figured my 2024 will be great. I've bought plenty of cars (most of ours) without test driving THE ACTUAL car. My take on it is if there are issues, dealership and/or warranty will resolve them. If you know you like the car, I wouldn't expect to drive the exact car before you take delivery. If it really does bother you (we all have our own versions of OCD), you may want to politely say something like "Hey, love the car, very excited. But before I finalize the paperwork, let's just go for a 15 min spin around the block. It'll really put my mind at ease to do this before I sign". Not sure how your dealership will take it, but if it was me I'd think "This person really wants the car, custom ordered it, has driven other versions of it... They just want to feel THIS car and be comfortable before signing. Let's do it". But for my car, I will be taking delivery (hopefully Monday or Tuesday!) without driving it. My salesperson actually asked me last Thursday if I want to take it for a spin. I told him "Nope, not until it's detailed and PPFd". For me, my OCD is not wanting to touch it until I've fully paid for it
The following 2 users liked this post by mehran888:
np20412 (07-04-24), zissis (07-04-24)
Old 07-04-24, 06:38 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mehran888
The only LC I drove was a 2018, and I loved it. So I figured my 2024 will be great. I've bought plenty of cars (most of ours) without test driving THE ACTUAL car. My take on it is if there are issues, dealership and/or warranty will resolve them. If you know you like the car, I wouldn't expect to drive the exact car before you take delivery. If it really does bother you (we all have our own versions of OCD), you may want to politely say something like "Hey, love the car, very excited. But before I finalize the paperwork, let's just go for a 15 min spin around the block. It'll really put my mind at ease to do this before I sign". Not sure how your dealership will take it, but if it was me I'd think "This person really wants the car, custom ordered it, has driven other versions of it... They just want to feel THIS car and be comfortable before signing. Let's do it". But for my car, I will be taking delivery (hopefully Monday or Tuesday!) without driving it. My salesperson actually asked me last Thursday if I want to take it for a spin. I told him "Nope, not until it's detailed and PPFd". For me, my OCD is not wanting to touch it until I've fully paid for it
Thanks for your perspective! I have no doubt the dealership will allow me to take it for a spin. The only other reasons I think I'd want to is because I have not driven an LC with the sport seats, which is what mine will have. I've sat in one in a showroom with sport package, but never driven. My test drive was in a touring package convertible, whereas mine is a coupe.

I can't imagine it would have any impact whatsoever on my wanting to buy but can't hurt if we're otherwise just waiting around for the finance office to print paperwork and preload the contract with add ons nobody actually wants 😅
The following users liked this post:
mehran888 (07-04-24)
Old 07-04-24, 11:46 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,925 Likes on 1,357 Posts

^^^^The Touring Seats in the convertible have the same shape and bolstering as the Sport Seats in the coupe. But, the seats in the convertible are all leather and the Sport Seats in the coupe have Alcantara in the seating surfaces.

Lou
Old 07-04-24, 12:08 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^The Touring Seats in the convertible have the same shape and bolstering as the Sport Seats in the coupe. But, the seats in the convertible are all leather and the Sport Seats in the coupe have Alcantara in the seating surfaces.

Lou
Yup had read this previously which is why it's not a major concern at all
Old 07-04-24, 06:14 PM
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by np20412
​​​​​​

Although I didn’t order (I purchased off lot), I was probably taking a big chance (foolish) by having never driven an LC500 before nor driving or even sitting in the vehicle I purchased before paying. That said, I’ve been a “voyeur” of the LC since its inception following/reading and watching videos. When the Convertible came out, I knew it’s what I wanted no matter what (did have the IS250C once, although not a comparison). Being confident of the Lexus quality plus better than average Dealership support, I was comfortable making the purchase. While I don’t have ownership experience with costlier or faster vehicles, this one brings a smile to my face every drive, even when stuck in traffic or behind someone doing 10 under. Just opening the garage door and seeing it impresses me still. Now I understand when people say they “love” their car. No regrets here.
Old 07-04-24, 08:48 PM
BruceinFla
Advanced

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

The LC withstanding, most of the vehicles I've opened the garage door to tell good night to have been motorcycles.

Those that ride understand the significance.
Bruce in Fl
AutoCrazy (07-05-24)
Old 07-05-24, 03:38 AM
AutoCrazy
Intermediate

Received 181 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceinFla
The LC withstanding, most of the vehicles I've opened the garage door to tell good night to have been motorcycles.

Those that ride understand the significance.
Bruce in Fl
Good night 👋

Badhobz (07-05-24)
Old 07-13-24, 07:35 AM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 874 Likes on 606 Posts

Nice bespoke overview.

The following 2 users liked this post by tecman:
KiwiGreg (07-13-24), mehran888 (07-14-24)
Old 07-13-24, 11:39 AM
Barncobob
Intermediate

Received 172 Likes on 107 Posts

nice video. entertaining...LUV my 24 even if not bespoke.
Old 07-13-24, 11:56 AM
KiwiGreg
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

OMG that colour....can't wait
Old 07-13-24, 10:32 PM
BoreRoverGuy
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by tecman

The katanas stay bright chrome even with the Dark Smoked Chrome package? I thought that they were darkened like on the front. They REALLY did these pieces correctly with the Inspiration Series. The other cars are beautiful, but that car takes it up a notch. Back to the first question, the katanas are chrome regardless of build?
Old 07-14-24, 03:36 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 370 Likes on 241 Posts

That’s correct. And the exhaust diffuser in the back along with the chrome on the mirrors.

USB will make any car look gorgeous even the ES in the background. This is why it’s reserved for F Sport or F model and it took Lexus so long to put it on the LC. They could’ve made the LC with USB, dynamic handling, and transmission oil cooler and call it an LC500 F sport. I would trade in mine.

Last edited by NickL; 07-14-24 at 03:39 AM.
BoreRoverGuy (07-14-24)
Old 07-14-24, 07:35 AM
BoreRoverGuy
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
That’s correct. And the exhaust diffuser in the back along with the chrome on the mirrors..
interesting. I knew that the rear diffuser stayed chrome which just seemed like an oversight by Lexus. It makes more sense knowing this, but makes the Bespoke dark chrome seem to make less sense. All configurations are obviously still beautiful. know that the Inspiration has black on the front grill AND rear diffuser. Are those katanas black, too? (I almost bought one, sight unseen, but the satin paint was going to be a problem for me, so I didn’t. I wish it were available with regular paint.)

Quick Reply: 2024 lc 500 bespoke edition