(Hopefully) Misinformed Response On LC Factory Order Process

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-24, 05:25 PM
StuM
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CarolinaGeo
Two questions, if I may...

First, was this a "regular" order, or a Bespoke build?

Second, what were the options that were added?

Thanks!
1) Not bespoke. Just selected all the colors/options I wanted. (Red/blk, coupe, Dyn Handling …)
2) They added the upgraded Stereo, HUD, USB charging cables and all-weather floor mats. Needless gingerbread imo, but not deal killers. For some reason they keep saying they can’t get Japan to accept the 10-spoke optional $40 wheels. So seems I’ll get the ugly current std wheels. I’ll need to either replace them with aftermarket or get them stripped and powder coated in my selected color.

Seems like the whole process will take about 5 months, if it all comes together. If, in the meantime, the details of a ‘25 model seem more attractive, I’ll probably punt and reorder a re-spec’ed ‘25. Time will tell.

Last edited by StuM; 04-13-24 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-13-24, 05:34 PM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by StuM
1) Not bespoke. Just selected all the colors/options I wanted. (Red/blk, coupe, Dyn Handling …)
2) They added the upgraded Stereo, HUD, USB charging cables and all-weather floor mats. Needless gingerbread imo, but not deal killers. For some reason they keep saying they can’t get Japan to accept the 10-spoke optional $40 wheels. So seems I’ll get the ugly current std wheels. I’ll need to either replace them with aftermarket or get them stripped and powder coated in my selected color.

Seems like the whole process will take about 5 months, if it all comes together. If, in the meantime, the details of a ‘25 model seem more attractive, I’ll probably punt and reorder a re-spec’ed ‘25. Time will tell.
let’s hope they go back to the previous paint scheme or something even better for the standard 25 wheels. I bet Lexus is trying to rid themselves of the flower petal powered ones.
The following users liked this post:
StuM (04-16-24)
Old 04-13-24, 06:54 PM
Reefbreak
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Factory Order

Originally Posted by NiceCars
let’s hope they go back to the previous paint scheme or something even better for the standard 25 wheels. I bet Lexus is trying to rid themselves of the flower petal powered ones.
A lot of "what ifs" with my current order and situation...I can't even pen a Cliff notes version. I get it some people do like the flower petal wheels but I couldn't agree more in that I hope they are replaced in '25 models.

Originally Posted by StuM

This seems like the most likely outcome for me...my '24 order becoming a '25 build (optimistic there will be a '25). It has been a bit frustrating but every step I learn a little more and hopefully get to the point of actually getting an order fulfilled....through the Bespoke process or just a "special order". Getting to the right person at the dealership who actually understands the allocation and order process is so far half the battle.
StuM (04-16-24)
Old 04-13-24, 07:16 PM
NiceCars
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Reefbreak
A lot of "what ifs" with my current order and situation...I can't even pen a Cliff notes version. I get it some people do like the flower petal wheels but I couldn't agree more in that I hope they are replaced in '25 models.

This seems like the most likely outcome for me...my '24 order becoming a '25 build (optimistic there will be a '25). It has been a bit frustrating but every step I learn a little more and hopefully get to the point of actually getting an order fulfilled....through the Bespoke process or just a "special order". Getting to the right person at the dealership who actually understands the allocation and order process is so far half the battle.
If last year is any indication the' 25's should be introduced in late May...
I also don't think Lexus would have invested in all the new tech stuff for just one model year.
Old 04-16-24, 12:20 PM
jdz71
4th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

So I placed a deposit with a dealer back in August 2023. They told me they get about 3 special order allocations per month (across all models). They would submit mine and hope it was accepted by Lexus. My sales rep said they would keep submitting and checking weekly, and since it was marked in the system as a "sold" order, the hope was that the chances were better it would be accepted. The status finally changed to "accepted" in the system in late November. Produced in January 2024 and when it was on the ship, I noticed they had in the order a port-installed option of the glass breakage sensor (which I did not order). The sales rep did not know how that got added, but had the sales manager go in the system to request it be removed so nothing would get installed when it arrived at port. The request was granted. I picked it up in early March, so overall it took just over 6 months, which is about what they projected (4-6 months).

It was not a bespoke build order, just a base LC500 in Infrared / Toasted Caramel with the touring package and limited-slip diff.
StuM (04-16-24)
Old 04-16-24, 04:48 PM
Barncobob
Intermediate

Received 177 Likes on 112 Posts

ditto,my "order" took 5 months...this is how the system works..