LC Model (2018-present)

Sun visor extension.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-24, 09:32 PM
DrunkFuX
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Sun visor extension.

Was trying to get some insight on this from people that already own the LC. Based on reviews, it seems the sun visor does not extend when you pull on it, as in when you turn it towards your door and pull, it doesn't extend to cover the entirety of the glass to block out the sun.
I have a few questions. Firstly, is that indeed true even if the 2021+ model years, where they don't extend. Secondly, based on the size of the door and glass, is there a need for them to extend, as in is the visor already long enough to go the entire length of the window glass without extending?
Lastly, if anyone has had this problem, has anyone been able to find a solution for potentially replacing the sun visor with that of a different Lexus which has the extension functionality? For example, the RX and GS shades do extend, so only if the dimensions are correct can they be installed In the LC?
Here is a thread in the IS forums where they were able to figure out that NX and RC visors can fit in the IS to add the extension functionality.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/920265-extending-sun-visors.html

Appreciate any input!
Old 04-23-24, 07:01 AM
kirkd1
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by DrunkFuX
Was trying to get some insight on this from people that already own the LC. Based on reviews, it seems the sun visor does not extend when you pull on it, as in when you turn it towards your door and pull, it doesn't extend to cover the entirety of the glass to block out the sun.
I have a few questions. Firstly, is that indeed true even if the 2021+ model years, where they don't extend. Secondly, based on the size of the door and glass, is there a need for them to extend, as in is the visor already long enough to go the entire length of the window glass without extending?
Lastly, if anyone has had this problem, has anyone been able to find a solution for potentially replacing the sun visor with that of a different Lexus which has the extension functionality? For example, the RX and GS shades do extend, so only if the dimensions are correct can they be installed In the LC?
Here is a thread in the IS forums where they were able to figure out that NX and RC visors can fit in the IS to add the extension functionality.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...un-visors.html

Appreciate any input!
No it does not extend. No it does not come close to covering the side window. If this is a big issue, Window Tint!
Old 04-23-24, 04:14 PM
charlie640
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a 2022 and the lack of an extension really annoys the hell out of me. A car so thoughfully designed... this can't be an oversight... there must be a reason.... but WHAT ???
Old 04-23-24, 06:39 PM
microsup
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

DrunkFux, I would recommend you to go and test it in a dealership for yourself. I have a convertible and have no problem with sun visor at all. It covers side good enough for me. I don’t know your driving position and in case you seat far away from steering wheel ina lay back then it could be a problem. Try for yourself it is much better than thousand words.