LC Model (2018-present)

How long does it takes to get delivery

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-24, 05:31 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,277 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by Barncobob
so does ur car arrive at some port in SC, Charleston?
East coast cars come in either through Jacksonville, Florida or Newark, New Jersey. South Caroline is likely through Jacksonville.
Old 05-18-24, 10:51 AM
Orion54
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
The best time to get an LC500 is now. Used car prices have fallen and new cars can be had for pretty good discount.
There’s no guarantee on what tomorrow will bring but I can assure you that if Lexus decided to stop production on LC500, prices on new will hold steady at msrp and there are few 2024 that are left.
Even if they do continue til 2026, I highly doubt much will be changed. Just look at where we are now and 2018 launch. They might go out with a bang and include the option if the oil cooler seen in the ‘24 inspiration series.
I wish I’ve gotten mine sooner but the color I want wasn’t available until the 2024 MY.
Would there be any deals on a 24 Inspiration convertible? Looking to get one but not sure if there would be any deals of MSRP and dealer markup.
Old 05-18-24, 02:13 PM
NickL
Instructor

Received 368 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Orion54
Would there be any deals on a 24 Inspiration convertible? Looking to get one but not sure if there would be any deals of MSRP and dealer markup.
First you got to find one.
It’s hard to say on price since availability and demand depend greatly on location.
My local dealer has this for awhile. No idea on what they want for it.

https://www.herbchamberslexus.com/new/LEXUS/2024-LEXUS-LC+500-9b93588fac1813b1742f98522ab3fb51.htm
Old 05-18-24, 07:11 PM
Orion54
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

First you got to find one.
It’s hard to say on price since availability and demand depend greatly on location.
My local dealer has this for awhile. No idea on what they want for it.

https://www.herbchamberslexus.com/ne...522ab3fb51.htm

Thanks. I've seen a few around but didn't know if they would move on the price to get it off the books. If they don't move on price, I might just see about ordering one to be made.
Old 05-19-24, 05:02 AM
Barncobob
Intermediate

Received 169 Likes on 105 Posts

price is MSRP + DPH? what is DPH, is it the same as ADM?
Old 05-19-24, 06:13 AM
NickL
Instructor

DPH=Delivery, Processing, and Handling fees. Usually $500-$600. This is normal in all dealership.
Call and ask and if you’re interested. I was considering it but the color combo I wanted came in and I picked that one up instead.
The following users liked this post:
2959 (05-19-24)
Old 05-20-24, 07:24 AM
zissis
Pit Crew

Received 75 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Orion54
Inspiration 24s are long gone many months ago. All allocated in the US but don't know about Canada. I tried looking for one while I was waiting for my Bespoke to come in a few months ago and the Dealership found out that they are all allocated in the states. After getting my Bespoke though ... I never looked back
Old 05-24-24, 10:33 AM
CarolinaGeo
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Very excited here...

I just learned that my order (non-bespoke) for my LC500h was accepted by Lexus! They've given me a production date in late June, with delivery in mid- to late-August (to upstate South Carolina). So to answer the original question (how long does it take to get delivery): I placed my original order on March 11. It was rejected by Lexus on April 18 due to a lack of the 10-spoke wheels and reordered on the same day without the upgraded wheels. Today is May 24, so it appears that it takes Lexus about 5 weeks to accept or reject a given build. From the order date to the delivery date, it looks like just over 4 months for the entire process.

Amusingly, I happened to stop by the dealership today to inquire about things when my sales guy told me that he had just emailed me an hour beforehand. More amusingly, it turns out I never got his email. So had I not made that stop at the dealership, I'd be out of the loop right now.
Old 05-24-24, 11:23 AM
Barncobob
Intermediate

easy to add on aftermarket wheels..beats not getting the car at all.
The following 2 users liked this post by Barncobob:
CarolinaGeo (05-24-24), zissis (05-24-24)
Old 05-24-24, 01:51 PM
NickL
Instructor

Originally Posted by CarolinaGeo
Very excited here...

I just learned that my order (non-bespoke) for my LC500h was accepted by Lexus! They've given me a production date in late June, with delivery in mid- to late-August (to upstate South Carolina). So to answer the original question (how long does it take to get delivery): I placed my original order on March 11. It was rejected by Lexus on April 18 due to a lack of the 10-spoke wheels and reordered on the same day without the upgraded wheels. Today is May 24, so it appears that it takes Lexus about 5 weeks to accept or reject a given build. From the order date to the delivery date, it looks like just over 4 months for the entire process.

Amusingly, I happened to stop by the dealership today to inquire about things when my sales guy told me that he had just emailed me an hour beforehand. More amusingly, it turns out I never got his email. So had I not made that stop at the dealership, I'd be out of the loop right now.
Whats your reasoning of getting the hybrid instead of the V8? Not judging. Just an honest question.
Old 05-24-24, 02:16 PM
CarolinaGeo
Rookie

Whats your reasoning of getting the hybrid instead of the V8? Not judging. Just an honest question.
A couple of reasons...
While I can appreciate the great sound of the V8 engine, it's just not for me. I prefer a quiet ride. I also like the $aving$ at the pump. And that also made it an easier sell to my wife!

I've always driven cars that were fun, had a bit of flair, were reliable, and that were still somewhat economical in terms of gas mileage. I figure the LC hybrid fits all four categories in spades.

Cheers!
The following 3 users liked this post by CarolinaGeo:
2959 (05-24-24), mike995134 (06-08-24), NickL (05-24-24)
Old 05-24-24, 02:29 PM
Barncobob
Intermediate

car color, interior, extras,,,its exciting to order just what U want....
The following users liked this post:
CarolinaGeo (05-24-24)
Old 05-24-24, 02:41 PM
NickL
Instructor

Originally Posted by CarolinaGeo
A couple of reasons...
While I can appreciate the great sound of the V8 engine, it's just not for me. I prefer a quiet ride. I also like the $aving$ at the pump. And that also made it an easier sell to my wife!

I've always driven cars that were fun, had a bit of flair, were reliable, and that were still somewhat economical in terms of gas mileage. I figure the LC hybrid fits all four categories in spades.

Cheers!
Nice! 30MPG with 22gal fuel tank size. That’s more than 600mi range on a 4500lb beast. Have to appreciate the fact that Lexus did not nerf the fuel tank size of this hybrid version. It seems more often than not, the fuel tank size got smaller on hybrid version of anything.

Old 05-24-24, 03:02 PM
CarolinaGeo
Rookie

Nice! 30MPG with 22gal fuel tank size. That’s more than 600mi range on a 4500lb beast. Have to appreciate the fact that Lexus did not nerf the fuel tank size of this hybrid version. It seems more often than not, the fuel tank size got smaller on hybrid version of anything.
YES!!! Although I might have been willing to trade 100 miles per tank for a slightly larger trunk!

When doing research on various cars that were in the running (BMW 8 series and 4 series, Audi, and a few others), the LC500h spanked all of them in terms of gas mileage. Even with the higher octane gas required, it's still more economical than some entries that get by with lower octane. Not that that's the only motivating factor, but I did grow up in the 70s and remember the gas shortages. It's made its way into my psyche, for better or worse!
Old 05-24-24, 03:04 PM
CarolinaGeo
Rookie

Originally Posted by Barncobob
car color, interior, extras,,,its exciting to order just what U want....
I'm already looking forward to posting pictures in a few months!

Quick Reply: How long does it takes to get delivery