LC Model (2018-present)

How long does it takes to get delivery

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-24, 06:52 AM
BLUE500
10th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default How long does it takes to get delivery

Placed an order for the LC500 Coupe Bespoke Edition on March 14, 2024. Any idea when this car will be made and/or delivered. I pre-traded my trade in and the dealer had the factory confirm that the car will be made - prior to taking my car!

Just getting anxious. Going on 2 months and no word yet.
Old 05-01-24, 07:52 AM
FranknStein
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

3 months for me, although this is apparently unusually fast. My dealer was surprised
The following users liked this post:
mehran888 (05-01-24)
Old 05-01-24, 08:37 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 88 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by BLUE500
Placed an order for the LC500 Coupe Bespoke Edition on March 14, 2024. Any idea when this car will be made and/or delivered. I pre-traded my trade in and the dealer had the factory confirm that the car will be made - prior to taking my car!

Where are you located? I ordered my bespoke for delivery in Ontario, Canada on Feb 3rd. It's been "queued/pending" (ie order accepted but awaiting production) for about two months. My salesperson checked their system yesterday and the status hasn't changed. He said Canada generally gets the short end of the stick compared to the US with allocations and timing. But it's also his first time ordering bespoke.

I've been tracking others here who ordered bespoke around the same timeframe (Jan or Feb), and (they can correct me if I'm wrong as they're probably reading this thread)
  1. A Virginia member got delivery in ~3 months
  2. An Ohio member got delivery in ~3 months
  3. A NY member got delivery in ~4 months (but it appears it arrived in 3 months, the extra month was a transfer from a NJ to NY dealer)
AutoCrazy (05-01-24)
Old 05-02-24, 01:07 PM
jbuffett
Intermediate

Received 190 Likes on 115 Posts

Ordered mine in June last year, car came the 3rd week of October. I'm in Denver.

The longest / least information part of the process is between submitting the order and when they start building them. Once you get a build date, the updates start coming quick.

Lexus hasn't announced anything about the 2025 yet, so you may want to revisit your bespoke order when the 2025 updates come out. Most likely they will be slight tweaks, suspension tuning etc, but you want to make sure you don't miss out on a possible option if it's new for 2025.
Old 05-07-24, 06:33 AM
BLUE500
10th Gear

Default Just got my vin number- how long till production

Just got my vin number on my Bespoke Edition- How long does it take to get production under way and delivery?
Old 05-07-24, 06:52 AM
mehran888
Advanced

@BLUE500 could you please share where you are located? Congrats on getting a VIN tho. I'm not an expert on this cars production process, but my understanding is that when a VIN is assigned production is imminent or already under way. I ordered 6 weeks before you and I don't have a VIN yet.
Old 05-07-24, 07:05 AM
BLUE500
10th Gear

I am in New Jersey
mehran888 (05-07-24)
Old 05-07-24, 01:56 PM
StuM
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BLUE500

‘I submitted my desired infrared coupe build to my dealer on 1/8/24. He just told me today that the car landed at the U.S. port of entry, in Calf, two days ago. We hope to take delivery in a week or two after some port and dealer installed items. So, about 4 months.
Dukeaudio (05-07-24)
Old 05-07-24, 03:39 PM
BlueIS05
Pit Crew

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by StuM

‘I submitted my desired infrared coupe build to my dealer on 1/8/24. He just told me today that the car landed at the U.S. port of entry, in Calf, two days ago. We hope to take delivery in a week or two after some port and dealer installed items. So, about 4 months.
Congrats - so close! Did you receive a VIN number like the OP during the process or did you just find out the status when it arrived in port?
Old 05-07-24, 05:14 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Just got a call from my dealership this evening. Placed a coupe bespoke order for delivery to Ontario, Canada on Feb 3rd. He just got notification that it's "entered(entering?) production". I asked about a VIN and he said he typically gets a VIN once it's shipped (or about to ship). @BLUE500 - FYI that my sales manager said that the portal has an ETA once it's entered production. Mine is expected to arrive at his dealership between June 17-23rd.
Old 05-07-24, 05:52 PM
StuM
Rookie

Had a VIN once Lexus said the build began. Never did track it myself, but my dealer kept me informed. So, knew when it was in the build process, shipped, in transit and now, arrived in CA.
Old 05-07-24, 06:46 PM
CarolinaGeo
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I ordered my LC500h on March 11 (South Carolina). I heard on April 18 that my build was rejected due to the upgraded wheels not being available. They resubmitted the order sans wheels and I have not heard back since then. They did say that they were optimistic about the new build being accepted, but they put the production date around September and the delivery date around December. I hope they were just being guarded about the timeline and that it will actually be sooner.

Congrats to those who have more confirmation than I do!
Old 05-07-24, 07:54 PM
StuM
Rookie

Originally Posted by CarolinaGeo
I ordered my LC500h on March 11 (South Carolina). I heard on April 18 that my build was rejected due to the upgraded wheels not being available. They resubmitted the order sans wheels and I have not heard back since then. They did say that they were optimistic about the new build being accepted, but they put the production date around September and the delivery date around December. I hope they were just being guarded about the timeline and that it will actually be sooner.

Congrats to those who have more confirmation than I do!
I too wanted the $40 upgraded 10-spoke wheels on my 1/24 ordered coupe. Dealer said the system kept kicking them out as not available, over and over. Thus it’s coming in with the ugly, base OEM wheels. I’m having them powder coated to a satin, medium titanium color upon arrival. 0h and Lexus Japan also added a few options I hadn’t ordered! Thankfully, my dealer is agreeing to a few thousand discount off MSRP, so it’s a wash.
Old 05-08-24, 05:14 AM
zissis
Pit Crew

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

It's amazing how they advertise that you can get anything you choose with bespoke then tell you you can't get the normal $40 wheel upgrade lol
StuM (05-08-24)
Old 05-08-24, 07:45 AM
jbuffett
Intermediate

Received 190 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by CarolinaGeo
If you're going to end up waiting until December anyway, and you want the wheel option, I would cancel your current request and resubmit in June or July. I suspect that you had fewer wheel options due to your original order date -- at the end of the MY2024 manufacturing cycle -- and that you'd have a good chance of getting those wheels in the MY2025 cycle. But you'll need to ask for them.

Quick Reply: How long does it takes to get delivery