LC Model (2018-present)

Enclosed auto transport recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-24, 04:12 PM
ladyspeedster
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Enclosed auto transport recommendation

I just bought a new 2024 LC 500 coupe (infrared/toasted carmel) -- so excited as this has been my dream car for a few years now. The Lexus dealer is in Florida and I live in California. Can anyone recommend a good auto transport company that has enclosed trucks? I'd like to contract with the actual transporter directly rather than go through a broker. If anyone has had a good experience with one, I'd love to get your recommendation. Thanks!
Old 05-14-24, 05:18 PM
snowsenses
Driver

Received 170 Likes on 46 Posts

I used Goliath Auto Transport (a broker) to ship mine enclosed from FL to WA & it went extremely smoothly; the actual transporter they used was GAS Motorsports. Both have 4.9s on Google
The following users liked this post:
ladyspeedster (05-14-24)
Old 05-14-24, 05:45 PM
ladyspeedster
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! I'll give them a call.
Old 05-14-24, 06:45 PM
Veight
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 40 Posts

I used Intercity Lines. 800-221-3936. They were super careful and use enclosed trucks. This is NOT a broker. I would advise not to use a broker.

Bill

Originally Posted by ladyspeedster
I just bought a new 2024 LC 500 coupe (infrared/toasted carmel) -- so excited as this has been my dream car for a few years now. The Lexus dealer is in Florida and I live in California. Can anyone recommend a good auto transport company that has enclosed trucks? I'd like to contract with the actual transporter directly rather than go through a broker. If anyone has had a good experience with one, I'd love to get your recommendation. Thanks!

Last edited by Veight; 05-14-24 at 07:29 PM.
ladyspeedster (05-14-24)
Old 05-14-24, 06:58 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Members, please report the post that will likely soon arrive from a newly joined member talking about their recommended transport company. (this topic nearly always attracts spammers) TIA
mehran888 (05-14-24)
Old 05-14-24, 08:00 PM
ladyspeedster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Veight
I used Intercity Lines. 800-221-3936. They were super careful and use enclosed trucks. This is NOT a broker. I would advise not to use a broker.

Bill
Thanks Bill! I checked out their website and they have impressive credentials -- they ship for some impressive clients. I got an instant quote from them and their price was lower than what I was quoted by several auto brokers, which I don't want to use. I was expecting their rate to be higher. I'm happy to pay the actual carrier directly than the middle man who is just squeezing the small carriers.
Old 05-14-24, 08:04 PM
ladyspeedster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Members, please report the post that will likely soon arrive from a newly joined member talking about their recommended transport company. (this topic nearly always attracts spammers) TIA
I understand the concern, but I'm a real person who bought my new LC 500 out-of-state from a Lexus dealer that is requiring me to make my own transport arrangements. I can assure you that I am = not an auto broker or shipper in disguise. I do appreciate the recommendations that have been posted thus far and intend to proceed with one of the direct carriers rather than a broker. Where else can we get input from others if not from a forum like this? Would be nice if there was a way that you can verify if someone is real or a spammer.
Old 05-14-24, 08:15 PM
Veight
Pit Crew

I shipped my 2018 LC from Vegas to Chicago in Feb 2020 just before the pandemic. They will note every single imperfection on the car before they touch it and anything else is their responsibility. They kept me updated on where they were.

Everything went smoothly.

Good luck!

Bill

QUOTE=ladyspeedster;11723250]I understand the concern, but I'm a real person who bought my new LC 500 out-of-state from a Lexus dealer that is requiring me to make my own transport arrangements. I can assure you that I am = not an auto broker or shipper in disguise. I do appreciate the recommendations that have been posted thus far and intend to proceed with one of the direct carriers rather than a broker. Where else can we get input from others if not from a forum like this? Would be nice if there was a way that you can verify if someone is real or a spammer.[/QUOTE]
ladyspeedster (05-14-24)
Old 05-14-24, 08:26 PM
ladyspeedster
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=Veight;11723258]I shipped my 2018 LC from Vegas to Chicago in Feb 2020 just before the pandemic. They will note every single imperfection on the car before they touch it and anything else is their responsibility. They kept me updated on where they were.

Good luck!

Bill

Thanks for your feedback on Intercity Lines. I'm lucky to be buying a new one so I'm not expecting any imperfections! The sales guy sent me photos of the car and they have it parked in a secure lot where they store their other cars, so hopefully it's safe from damage. I'm having to control my excitement because I assume it will take a few days for the car to arrive. I find myself watching every YouTube video on the LC 500 in anticipation :-) . I had deferred buying one for the last couple of years but participating in the Lexus Performance Driving School at Sonoma Raceway a few weeks ago convinced me to finally go for it. I'm looking forward to updating my post with photos of my new car (woo hoo!). This is definitely an upgrade from the 2011 Mini Cooper I've been driving for the last 13 years! I'll be the envy of the other soccer mom's in my little town...
Old 05-14-24, 08:36 PM
AutoCrazy
Intermediate

Received 182 Likes on 105 Posts

Congrats ladyspeedster!!!

And enjoy the attention…including a bit of envy, or maybe jealousy!
The following 2 users liked this post by AutoCrazy:
2959 (05-15-24), ladyspeedster (05-14-24)
Old 05-15-24, 12:26 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Originally Posted by ladyspeedster
I understand the concern, but I'm a real person who bought my new LC 500 out-of-state from a Lexus dealer that is requiring me to make my own transport arrangements. I can assure you that I am = not an auto broker or shipper in disguise. I do appreciate the recommendations that have been posted thus far and intend to proceed with one of the direct carriers rather than a broker. Where else can we get input from others if not from a forum like this? Would be nice if there was a way that you can verify if someone is real or a spammer.
hi, not doubting that you are real at all, I’m suggesting you be cautious of the posts that very often follow a request like this from spammers.

Just asking for vigilance

one of the frequent spammers looks like this from a newly joined member
Join the ranks of satisfied customers who've experienced smooth moves with XX Auto Transport! Their dedication to excellence sets them apart.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-15-24 at 12:36 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by DaveGS4:
2959 (05-15-24), AutoCrazy (05-15-24)
Old 05-15-24, 05:26 AM
Barncobob
Intermediate

Received 180 Likes on 115 Posts

last year when I was looking to buy car back East. I called one place to get a ballpark figure..all of a sudden I had 20 shippers emailing me and they never gave up after months of no answer from me..
Old 05-15-24, 05:33 AM
Veight
Pit Crew

Those are the brokers calling. For some reason the car shipping business is inundated with scum sucking people that do nothing but act as middlemen in this industry. Never go with a broker. And once you get on the phone list it never ends unfortunately.

Originally Posted by Barncobob
last year when I was looking to buy car back East. I called one place to get a ballpark figure..all of a sudden I had 20 shippers emailing me and they never gave up after months of no answer from me..
Old 05-15-24, 05:39 AM
Veight
Pit Crew

The used LC that I purchased had no obvious imperfections. But the shipper is trained in finding everything. This is because they get blamed for any mark on receipt of car. I’d be surprised if they don’t find imperfections. I know your car is new but don’t be surprised if they find something. By the way, I believe mine was $1,800 to ship from Vegas to Chicago. But that was 2020 pre Covid

Originally Posted by Barncobob
[QUOTE=ladyspeedster;11723268]
Originally Posted by Veight
I shipped my 2018 LC from Vegas to Chicago in Feb 2020 just before the pandemic. They will note every single imperfection on the car before they touch it and anything else is their responsibility. They kept me updated on where they were.

Good luck!

Bill

Thanks for your feedback on Intercity Lines. I'm lucky to be buying a new one so I'm not expecting any imperfections! The sales guy sent me photos of the car and they have it parked in a secure lot where they store their other cars, so hopefully it's safe from damage. I'm having to control my excitement because I assume it will take a few days for the car to arrive. I find myself watching every YouTube video on the LC 500 in anticipation :-) . I had deferred buying one for the last couple of years but participating in the Lexus Performance Driving School at Sonoma Raceway a few weeks ago convinced me to finally go for it. I'm looking forward to updating my post with photos of my new car (woo hoo!). This is definitely an upgrade from the 2011 Mini Cooper I've been driving for the last 13 years! I'll be the envy of the other soccer mom's in my little town...
Old 05-15-24, 08:18 AM
ladyspeedster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
hi, not doubting that you are real at all, I’m suggesting you be cautious of the posts that very often follow a request like this from spammers.

Just asking for vigilance

one of the frequent spammers looks like this from a newly joined member
Thanks for the clarification!
DaveGS4 (05-15-24)

Quick Reply: Enclosed auto transport recommendation