Search this Thread

Old 05-30-24, 03:16 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 270 Likes on 203 Posts
Exclamation PSA: Beware of lower rocker panels, rear "mud flaps"

Hey all,

I wanted to share with you all something I think is important to know-

The rocker panels of the LC are quite subsepitcle to a "tear" that can occur from the rear "flap" on either side whether from debris or bumps in the road/speed bumps - where when driven over or hit even, can cause those 'flaps' to catch and or cause a tear within the rocker panel(s)

When I first purchased my LC - I had COVID a second time around so I was fairly out of it and the car was mint, however on an overcast day, I failed to notice the driver side rocker panel that had a tear in it (from the underside that lead up to the side of the car) .. I initially thought it was just a line of dirt..and when I finally noticed it - I decided to get it repaired and not replaced, the repairs were flawless.

However, this time when I went to get full PPF, due to the error that I showed in my other thread from the tint shop, I decided to do my own thorough walk around and noticed a small tear on the passenger rocker panel as well, though unlike the driver side.. this side was only on the underside that was leading up the the side profile..

PSA: Not sure if this happens to anyone else as I think I only saw one other thread (found here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...n-my-beer.html) about this, but just .. be aware.
The following users liked this post:
Badhobz (05-31-24)