LC Model (2018-present)

2024 LC sales numbers

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-24, 03:43 PM
Barncobob
Intermediate

Received 180 Likes on 115 Posts

Im in a large blue-collar town(like me that did well) No one has seen a LC before and I get the LOOKS and WAVES....at stores guys my age ask what it is and and how do i like it...plenty of C7s/8s around...its a special car.
Old 07-02-24, 04:15 PM
kirkd1
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by np20412
Can I just say how excited I am to be owning a car that sells less than 200 units a month? It definitely gives that exclusivity vibe. I only ever see one LC regularly in my town, but I see a ton of C8s and M cars everywhere. The M4 still sells 3000 units a month as does the C8. Even the BMW 8 series sells 2-3x as many units as the LC!
Maybe a contributing factor of higher sales numbers has to do with a much higher tech content and the fact they have had 360 camera capabilities on their cars for more than 10 years. Lexus introduces 10 year old tech and everyone gets excited?
Old 07-02-24, 04:23 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 422 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by kirkd1
Maybe a contributing factor of higher sales numbers has to do with a much higher tech content and the fact they have had 360 camera capabilities on their cars for more than 10 years. Lexus introduces 10 year old tech and everyone gets excited?
I think it has less to do with tech (though that may be part of it) and more to do with pure performance numbers for the price and brand recognition/reputation.

Lexus is still very much the retiree/housewife/whatever you want to call it brand. The F cars have helped bring Lexus demo down but not when you look at the non F vehicles that approach 6 figures. The brand doesn't spark excitement in buyers looking for vehicles in this segment off the bat.

The German brands still carry the prestige of their brand amongst buyers of all ages because of the tie to pure performance. People love nothing more than to say they've got an M car or an AMG or that their car doss 0-60 in 3 seconds despite them living in a concrete jungle where 3 seconds gets you to the next traffic light.

That is not what Lexus is going for with this vehicle so you get much more discerning buyers and thus lower sales numbers. I'd venture even if Lexus had pano camera and a touchscreen since 2018 the LC #s wouldn't be that much higher.

Last edited by np20412; 07-02-24 at 04:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
kirkd1 (07-02-24)
Old 07-02-24, 04:58 PM
BoreRoverGuy
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I think it has less to do with tech (though that may be part of it) and more to do with pure performance numbers for the price and brand recognition/reputation.

Lexus is still very much the retiree/housewife/whatever you want to call it brand. The F cars have helped bring Lexus demo down but not when you look at the non F vehicles that approach 6 figures. The brand doesn't spark excitement in buyers looking for vehicles in this segment off the bat.

The German brands still carry the prestige of their brand amongst buyers of all ages because of the tie to pure performance. People love nothing more than to say they've got an M car or an AMG or that their car doss 0-60 in 3 seconds despite them living in a concrete jungle where 3 seconds gets you to the next traffic light.

That is not what Lexus is going for with this vehicle so you get much more discerning buyers and thus lower sales numbers. I'd venture even if Lexus had pano camera and a touchscreen since 2018 the LC #s wouldn't be that much higher.
This was me. I haven’t owned a Japanese car since the ‘90s, and at that point a Lexus was still something that my grandfather would drive, and did. I was looking to buy an AMG GT, and my friend asked “what about an LC500?” I’ll admit that I didn’t even know what that was, as I hadn’t looked at a Lexus as something that I’d buy at any point. Ten minutes of research into the LC and I was kind of shocked. Part of why it’s a low volume vehicle is that it sits in a fairly unique niche between Sports Car and GT Car. The market isn’t huge for that, but for the role I was looking for it to fill this fit perfectly.
Old 07-02-24, 05:19 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BoreRoverGuy
This was me. I haven’t owned a Japanese car since the ‘90s, and at that point a Lexus was still something that my grandfather would drive, and did. I was looking to buy an AMG GT, and my friend asked “what about an LC500?” I’ll admit that I didn’t even know what that was, as I hadn’t looked at a Lexus as something that I’d buy at any point. Ten minutes of research into the LC and I was kind of shocked. Part of why it’s a low volume vehicle is that it sits in a fairly unique niche between Sports Car and GT Car. The market isn’t huge for that, but for the role I was looking for it to fill this fit perfectly.
Yup for me it's the only thing that looks as unique as it does and fulfills the holy trinity blend of performance, reliability, and luxury/comfort to my liking at a price point under 200k. All that in a package that you don't have to be afraid to daily drive or take on long trips.

I don't need blistering performance because I have zero intention to drive the car on non-public roadways; I intend to keep this car for the next 8+ years, and I love the exterior styling, quality and comfort of the interior, and the fact that you don't see one everyday.

The people who claim it is "too slow" or "too heavy" are people who either are comparing 0-60 times with competitors who obviously crush that category, which is relarively useless in practicality, or people who actually track their cars for competition, in which case this is the wrong vehicle fit for purpose to begin with.

Last edited by np20412; 07-02-24 at 05:22 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by np20412:
2959 (07-03-24), BoreRoverGuy (07-02-24)
Old 07-02-24, 06:04 PM
BoreRoverGuy
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I’ve done the 911 Turbo route. Great cars. M5 for a bit more room and people moving but still a blast? Sure. Today? I just don’t want them. Maybe that’ll change, though I wouldn’t bet on it, but I’m not hitting apexes on tracks, anymore, and it felt like I had a direct deposit set up for speeding tickets. This car has more than enough power to get me into trouble on public roads. There’s a four hour trip that I now need to take fairly frequently where I don’t like feeling the lines painted on the road, let alone a seam. I was looking for a car for that trip that was more fun to drive than an admittedly very fast and well handling (though still a bit boring) SUV, and something that I just didn’t need to worry about for longevity. This car ticked every box.
The following 3 users liked this post by BoreRoverGuy:
355F1 (07-03-24), Badhobz (07-03-24), np20412 (07-02-24)
Old 08-02-24, 07:02 AM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 891 Likes on 618 Posts

Leaving out the 2017 sales beginning, July was not a good month.

2024 monthly sales placement
Jan - 3rd place
Feb - 4th place
Mar - 3rd place
Apr - 3rd place
May- 2nd place
Jul - 4th place

Old 08-02-24, 07:18 AM
NickL
Racer

Received 428 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
If they don’t produce 2025 soon, the numbers will drop significantly. There’s not a lot of new one for sale!
This is what’s happening. Not many new one to choose from.
102 sold last month with 150 available(new on autotrader) for both coupe and convertible is not bad.
They do go pretty quick over here recently.
doncoughlinjd (08-04-24)
Old 08-02-24, 07:34 AM
Barncobob
Intermediate

Received 180 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by BoreRoverGuy
I’ve done the 911 Turbo route. Great cars. M5 for a bit more room and people moving but still a blast? Sure. Today? I just don’t want them. Maybe that’ll change, though I wouldn’t bet on it, but I’m not hitting apexes on tracks, anymore, and it felt like I had a direct deposit set up for speeding tickets. This car has more than enough power to get me into trouble on public roads. There’s a four hour trip that I now need to take fairly frequently where I don’t like feeling the lines painted on the road, let alone a seam. I was looking for a car for that trip that was more fun to drive than an admittedly very fast and well handling (though still a bit boring) SUV, and something that I just didn’t need to worry about for longevity. This car ticked every box.
sold my 17 Porsche Carrera S for the LC and couldnt be happier. No more Porsche dealer BS.
The following 3 users liked this post by Barncobob:
gdurhamski (08-04-24), ragabnh (08-06-24), StuM (08-03-24)
Old 08-02-24, 08:01 AM
355F1
Racer

Received 639 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by tecman

Jan - 3rd place
Feb - 4th place
Mar - 3rd place
Apr - 3rd place
May- 2nd place
Jul - 4th place

Was at my local dealer yesterday and they have 3 brand new LC 500s for sale on the lot.
Old 08-02-24, 08:30 AM
Pit Crew

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by tecman

Jan - 3rd place
Feb - 4th place
Mar - 3rd place
Apr - 3rd place
May- 2nd place
Jul - 4th place

The Japanese automobile company (TM) plans to shift all Lexus models to EVs by 2035, according to the report.

By 2030, Toyota (TM) aims to sell 3.5M EVs globally and considers the Lexus brand essential to its EV strategy.

The company's global vehicle sales were down 2% Y/Y in May to 888,491, EV sales increased 26.3% Y/Y in May to 360,872.
Old 08-02-24, 08:39 AM
355F1
Racer

Received 639 Likes on 410 Posts
Talking

Yup for me it's the only thing that looks as unique as it does and fulfills the holy trinity blend of performance, reliability, and luxury/comfort to my liking at a price point under 200k. All that in a package that you don't have to be afraid to daily drive or take on long trips.

I don't need blistering performance because I have zero intention to drive the car on non-public roadways; I intend to keep this car for the next 8+ years, and I love the exterior styling, quality and comfort of the interior, and the fact that you don't see one everyday.
My thoughts exactly.

I sometimes venture out into the internet to see if there is anything out there I would rather be driving. Sadly, nothing under $250k does anything for me except the new Range Rover Autobiography....but I don't want or need an SUV as my gf has a Cayenne.

And if I were driving a $300k car I would no longer be able to support my travel and Tom Ford obsessions so yeah....LoL....probably keeping my LC for life.
np20412 (08-02-24)
Old 08-03-24, 04:24 AM
BruceinFla
Advanced

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by 2959
The Japanese automobile company (TM) plans to shift all Lexus models to EVs by 2035, according to the report.
BS.
Absolutely NO WHERE in that article did it state that.
In FACT, Mr. Toyoda san has been One Of A Few major maker CEOs to Walk Back how quickly they will go to EV.
The Net is so full of EV BS.
Stupid consumers, stupid companies (waving at Hertz/Ford/Jaguar) are gonna lose their Asses on EVs.
Bruce in Fl
Old 08-03-24, 05:08 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BruceinFla
BS.
In FACT, Mr. Toyoda san has been One Of A Few major maker CEOs to Walk Back how quickly they will go to EV.
Stupid consumers, stupid companies (waving at Hertz/Ford/Jaguar) are gonna lose their Asses on EVs.
Bruce in Fl
I bought into the hybrid craze finally 25 years, and it was a great choice to get a minivan that gets 40mpg around town vs the competition getting half that.

However, I am nowhere near the EV craze yet personally. I had entertained the idea of a tesla model S before buying my LC however everything I read about their build quality inside and out leads to me believe I'd be extremely unhappy.

I'll wait for a tried and true Lexus EV, even if it's 15 more years of waiting. The RZ ain't it with its abysmal range, though they do sell at a nice discount.
Old 08-03-24, 05:10 AM
Pit Crew

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceinFla
BS.
Bruce in Fl
Correct, two different articles. The second was about vehicle sales.

Here is the full article about the EV’s, it can be read on the Seaking Alpha investment website.

“Toyota to set up EV battery plant in 'silicon island' for Lexus cars - report

Jul. 26, 2024 3:18 AM ETToyota Motor Corporation (TM) StockBy: Manshi Mamtora, CFA

Toyota Motor (NYSE:TM) plans to establish a new electric vehicle battery manufacturing facility in Kyushu, Japan, Nikkei reported.

This strategic move aims to enhance Toyota's (TM) EV supply chain and position Kyushu as a key export hub for the Asian markets.

The new battery plant will be located in Kyushu, the southernmost of Japan's four main islands — home to numerous automotive and semiconductor factories, often referred to as 'silicon island.'

The industrial park is located 40 km from Toyota's (TM) Miyata plant, which assembles Lexus vehicles. The Miyata factory makes 430,000 automobiles annually, of which 90% are exported.

By 2030, Toyota (TM) aims to sell 3.5M EVs globally and considers the Lexus brand essential to its EV strategy.”

As a TM shareholder I read anything related to the company, believe whatever you want.

Quick Reply: 2024 LC sales numbers