LC Model (2018-present)

2024 LC sales numbers

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-24, 06:26 AM
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

For those interested, review Toyota's SEC Form 20-F 3/31/23 and 3/31/24 about BEV's and Lexus. Simply search "Lexus" and see the hits paying particular attention to the SEC forms page 22 in both years.

https://global.toyota/en/ir/library/sec/
Old 08-06-24, 09:27 AM
jbuffett
Intermediate

Received 194 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceinFla
I will grant you the Bolt is One of the better choices now. If not The Best pure EV choice. A lot of that has to do with Chevy correcting the public opinion on the car after it's prior Massive battery recall issues and Chevy Wanting It to be a good seller.
Yep. Chevy's loss is my gain. You should buy one.

With it comes to my Lose their asses statement and Who is the ignorant one here, I'd suggest you check the depreciation on Every Single OTHER EV besides your Bolt then possible reevaluate your ignorance opinion. EVs Right Now are rocking in with the Highest depreciation rates Ever Seen in the automotive world.
All of them are depreciating equally and substantially? Or are some of them -- the first overpriced attempts by legacy automakers, that don't necessarily reflect what consumers want, propped up by tax incentives -- depreciating faster than others? And as in the internal combustion world, can you avoid some of that high depreciation by buying specific models / brands that tend to depreciate less than the EV average? Of course you can. If you're an informed consumer. Uninformed consumers "lose their asses" on internal combustion cars too, because they buy the wrong ones.

Your If You Can Afford A LC angle really has Jack Squatolla to do with any genuine EV discussion.
The point was that if you can afford a $100K weekend car you can afford a $25K econobox to daily drive. Of which we've already agreed, the EV I selected is the best (EV) choice. Cost of ownership -- operating costs + depreciation -- per mile for the Bolt is much better than the LC. Multiple niche cars, each used optimally, are far better than trying to do everything with fewer cars. If you've got the garage space and the correct mindset. Some don't.

I also cited 3 specific EV Manufacturing 100% FACTUAL debacles which You Completely avoid mentioning.
I'm not here to defend the EV industry from you. Most legacy automakers are dinosaurs. Nobody is shocked that legacy companies don't pivot to new products well.

My point is that an informed consumer can benefit if they buy the correct products. I did, you can too if you weren't so negative in here all the time.
The following users liked this post:
2959 (08-06-24)
Old 08-06-24, 09:36 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 377 Likes on 261 Posts

If I had a need for an around town car I probably would go EV as well as my next vehicle. Have multiple family members with EVs now and none of them really have anything negative to say other than initial cost. I just don't currently have a need for one nor do I have the garage space for one without punting my minivan outside.

For now I have my minivan that gets us around town with the kids and longer trips, and now my LC for my drives to work and around town for myself, that we can also use on longer drives that don't require more than a night or two away from home.

Using my GS which is being replaced by the LC as a guide, I'll put around 7k miles on the LC annually.
Old 08-06-24, 10:16 AM
Barncobob
Intermediate

Received 174 Likes on 109 Posts

id only buy an ev if my main charging station was my home...there are charger hogs that park and forget an here in CA copper thieves are cutting the cables.
Old 08-06-24, 11:02 AM
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Barncobob
id only buy an ev if my main charging station was my home...there are charger hogs that park and forget an here in CA copper thieves are cutting the cables.
Looked at home charging installation, but my current 220v lines are aluminum and the Breaker Box is at the other end of the house with plastered ceilings. While copper “can” be connected to aluminum (had an unused Dryer outlet closest to Garage), to me it wasn’t worth the possible trouble especially after seeing this issue with my Oven (copper to aluminum connection). So that stopped any EV discussions for me.

Oven copper to aluminum connection.