LC Model (2018-present)

Deposit is down for a 24 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-24, 02:06 PM
cwest13
Pit Crew

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Deposit is down for a 24 coupe

Just came back from Lexus of Escondido. Cannot compliment them enough. Bob, the full time allocation and dealer swap guy, was super knowledgeable about the process, especially when I specified I did not want a Bespoke build. Fred the salesman was also helpful and friendly.

They didn’t have any coupes on the floor but they did have 3 convertibles. Took it for a spin and once I heard the engine and exhaust note, especially on the downshift, I was pretty much sold.

The order is for a July build slot. Coupe, Ultrasonic Blue, Caramel interior, dynamic handling package, ML and HUD. Bob mentioned they get two build slots per month, that’s it. He suspected that production is down to help Toyota and Lexus meet their fleet emissions goals.

Delivery is slated for September - November. I mentioned I was waiting to hear about 2025s but they said it’s no problem if I want to switch to an new 2025 build slot once they’re available - they won’t have a problem selling my order lol

$2k refundable deposit. Now the wait begins, assuming the order doesn’t get rejected for whatever reason. It was funny, I was watching Bob’s screen and when he hit submit a pop up came up saying the build is not common nationwide.
The following users liked this post:
KiwiGreg (06-14-24)
Old 06-14-24, 02:27 PM
NickL
Instructor

Received 337 Likes on 222 Posts

Sweet!
(10 char requirement)
Old 06-14-24, 07:36 PM
StuM
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by cwest13
Just came back from Lexus of Escondido. Cannot compliment them enough. Bob, the full time allocation and dealer swap guy, was super knowledgeable about the process, especially when I specified I did not want a Bespoke build. Fred the salesman was also helpful and friendly.

They didn’t have any coupes on the floor but they did have 3 convertibles. Took it for a spin and once I heard the engine and exhaust note, especially on the downshift, I was pretty much sold.

The order is for a July build slot. Coupe, Ultrasonic Blue, Caramel interior, dynamic handling package, ML and HUD. Bob mentioned they get two build slots per month, that’s it. He suspected that production is down to help Toyota and Lexus meet their fleet emissions goals.

Delivery is slated for September - November. I mentioned I was waiting to hear about 2025s but they said it’s no problem if I want to switch to an new 2025 build slot once they’re available - they won’t have a problem selling my order lol

$2k refundable deposit. Now the wait begins, assuming the order doesn’t get rejected for whatever reason. It was funny, I was watching Bob’s screen and when he hit submit a pop up came up saying the build is not common nationwide.

‘Very nice. I just visited them yesterday and also spoke to Bob and the GM, plus our salesman. All very nice and knowledgable. I already have my new custom ordered ‘24 coupe in hand, (bought from another dealer), but now my wife wants a convertible! We looked theirs over, but the color combo’s just don’t really fit. They did offer discount deals for those on the floor. They also performed a search and found a few, but from more distant states. Would involve agreeable dealer swaps and truck transport costs. So, now we mull it all over to see where we’ll head. I too asked about the 25’s and they said no info yet.
Old 06-14-24, 08:49 PM
KiwiGreg
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cwest13
Just came back from Lexus of Escondido.
The order is for a July build slot. Coupe, Ultrasonic Blue, Caramel interior, dynamic handling package, ML and HUD.
Delivery is slated for September - November.
Snap, I paid my deposit here in NZ yesterday, similar to yours except black interior, mine is August build slot, was given the same delivery estimate, the race is on
Old 06-15-24, 04:52 AM
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by StuM

‘Very nice. I just visited them yesterday and also spoke to Bob and the GM, plus our salesman. All very nice and knowledgable. I already have my new custom ordered ‘24 coupe in hand, (bought from another dealer), but now my wife wants a convertible! We looked theirs over, but the color combo’s just don’t really fit. They did offer discount deals for those on the floor. They also performed a search and found a few, but from more distant states. Would involve agreeable dealer swaps and truck transport costs. So, now we mull it all over to see where we’ll head. I too asked about the 25’s and they said no info yet.
Wow, his/hers LC500's! That's really cool, not sure I've heard of that before (?). I've only wanted the convertible since seeing it at the Auto show, wasn't interested in the Coupe. I was finally tempted by a L/Certified model and when contacting our Dealership they had a new '23 next to a '24 they were selling. Couldn't pass up the discount they were willing to give on the '23 at nearly the same price as used and colors for me was not a major issue. For me price was more important since this vehicle is more of a want than a need and except for personal satisfaction doesn't really provide utility. Our currently owned vehicle colors did interestingly work out to red, white and blue (except for the college kids ES which is beige).
StuM (06-15-24)
Old 06-15-24, 07:29 AM
cwest13
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by StuM

Yeah, the convertibles they had were typical but not terribly interesting specs. The atomic silver/caramel one was a swap from Scottsdale - I saw the delivery sticker on it.

Bob told me last LC swap they sold was $4k in transport paid by the customer. $2k to ship it from Nashville, $2k to send a car back.
StuM (06-15-24)
Old 06-16-24, 03:04 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I am betting that swap from Nashville was for a black coupe and they sent Nashville a white convertible.
Old Today, 11:24 AM
cwest13
Pit Crew

Update: build was accepted for a August build and December delivery.

Given the timing, if they announce a 2025, I think I'd rather do that...but will keep the build for now.
Old Today, 12:28 PM
Barncobob
Intermediate

Received 158 Likes on 98 Posts

ordered mine Sept. 23,,,,,build 12/23,delivered 1/24......its a 24........cant see any differences in 24/25 model..but there is a year/change somewhere in this time frame.(same car in my opinion except for titling purposes.)
Old Today, 12:56 PM
cwest13
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Barncobob
ordered mine Sept. 23,,,,,build 12/23,delivered 1/24......its a 24........cant see any differences in 24/25 model..but there is a year/change somewhere in this time frame.(same car in my opinion except for titling purposes.)
Depends what changes. If nothing, then yeah I'll just keep it. But if even the wheel shape changes (NOT a fan of the default but also hate all black) or some interesting new color is offered, then it's worth considering to me.
Old Today, 02:46 PM
NickL
Instructor

Why don’t you get the 10 split spokes wheels? They look amazing. I want to get them when available and use as winter wheels. I just don’t want to clean them though.

Old Today, 04:23 PM
cwest13
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by NickL
Why don’t you get the 10 split spokes wheels? They look amazing. I want to get them when available and use as winter wheels. I just don’t want to clean them though.

those are the $40 ones? too late to change but I thought the option was an all black wheel but I was wrong. I’ll probably throw some dark bronzes on anyway so it’s not a huge deal.
Old Today, 04:28 PM
NickL
Instructor

$40 as an upgraded option maybe. I think they cost more like 4k each if you have to get it from Lexus.
Old Today, 05:03 PM
Barncobob
Intermediate

Received 158 Likes on 98 Posts

U can try to order those wheels but ifn theyre not available then UR build may not be approved...good to try but if not a go then plenty of other wheel options on internet..