LC Model (2018-present)

Inspiration Spoiler on Bespoke Builds?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-24, 11:56 PM
BoreRoverGuy
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Inspiration Spoiler on Bespoke Builds?

Given the colors and options that I want, based on what I can tell, it seems like Bespoke only offers the dark chrome and less features from a regular build with the Dynamic Driving Package. (I believe that the Carbon roof is available on both cars. Is that incorrect? Same question for Alcantara headliner. I don’t understand why they’re so cryptic with information out there, with different reviewers saying different things.) Out of all of the research that I’ve done, I’ve only seen two mentions of being able to add EITHER “a carbon fiber spoiler” OR “the Inspiration Series Spoiler” to a Bespoke build. Nobody else mentions anything besides the active aero, which I know is available on both builds. Would someone confirm whether this is true or not? I know that there are strong feelings about them, but this is merely a question of availability and not taste. Is there anything else that is only available on a Bespoke?

I’m looking for an Ultrasonic Blue over Black Alcantara Sport Seats with pretty much every option box ticked either way. The wheels offered in the Base are fine by me. Thank you for any help.
Old 06-17-24, 05:31 AM
zissis
Pit Crew

Received 77 Likes on 47 Posts

Inspiration wing only comes with the Inspiration Series.
Old 06-17-24, 09:00 AM
BoreRoverGuy
Pit Crew

Thanks. That was my understanding, but there’s lots of bad information out there. (Out of curiosity, are any aftermarket wings close?) To that end, can someone confirm the answers to my other questions? Basically, I know that Bespoke offers more choices of materials, but are there options that are only available on a Bespoke build? (As a few are Inspiration only.) Are certain interior panels only covered with alcantara/leather with one build type, for example? Any help is much appreciated.
Old 06-17-24, 11:07 AM
NickL
Racer

Received 428 Likes on 275 Posts

I swear they had all 3 types of spoiler option in previous years bespoke build. Now I’m only seeing the adaptive spoiler.
I’m looking at the carbon fiber spoiler one myself as it’s the only one that can be installed using double sided tape. I don’t want to drill holes in the trunk. Then again, I think the lines on the trunk really complete the flow of the car and any spoiler on it would just ruin these lines.
Old 06-17-24, 11:17 AM
BoreRoverGuy
Pit Crew

I had a Ruf spoiler on my 911 Turbo, and Porsche salesmen had to give it a good look to see what was changed. It was subtle. I get those who want to express their personality with big mods (it’s not my thing, but I get it), but I like something that looks like it came from the factory. By definition, that Inspiration wing comes from the factory.
Old 06-17-24, 11:32 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 113 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by BoreRoverGuy
Thanks. That was my understanding, but there’s lots of bad information out there. (Out of curiosity, are any aftermarket wings close?) To that end, can someone confirm the answers to my other questions? Basically, I know that Bespoke offers more choices of materials, but are there options that are only available on a Bespoke build? (As a few are Inspiration only.) Are certain interior panels only covered with alcantara/leather with one build type, for example? Any help is much appreciated.
Yes and no.

No: The bespoke build doesn't really add any options that you can't get on a loaded Performance Package.
Yes: I don't think the greyed out chrome trim is an option on the non bespoke.
Yes: If you don't WANT some of the performance package options, you can go bespoke to not get them. VGRS and 4 wheel steering are not available (at least in Canada) on the bespoke, and the active spoiler is an option on the bespoke.

For me, I didn't want any additional moving parts, but wanted the cosmetic uniqueness of the grey bits.

Lastly, there are combinations you can only get on bespoke. Such as white/blue on infrared.
Old 06-17-24, 11:39 AM
BoreRoverGuy
Pit Crew

This is super helpful and confirms what I was thinking. I agree on generally not wanting moving parts, but after going from German cars for so long I feel like even if something breaks on the Lexus timeline, and given the lower cost of fixes, I’m less concerned. (Doing a window regulator on a 911 is almost a grand, and you need to do it a lot more often than on a Lexus, for example.) I’m also not a fan of variable steering. I guess I’m old fashioned. Thanks again.
The following users liked this post:
mehran888 (06-17-24)
Old 06-17-24, 11:49 AM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 891 Likes on 618 Posts

Originally Posted by BoreRoverGuy
flowrider found this similar aftermarket one in an older post. Looks like it sits high though.

Old 06-17-24, 12:05 PM
BoreRoverGuy
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by tecman
flowrider found this similar aftermarket one in an older post. Looks like it sits high though.

I was actually looking at that, as I think it’s one of the closer ones, and wondering if a good body shop could lower the height before installation. It’s too high for me out of the box. Anything is possible, but that seems like it’d be opening a can of worms.
Old 06-17-24, 04:02 PM
Barncobob
Intermediate

Received 180 Likes on 115 Posts

here in CA the CHP are like white on rice...dicey to speed on FWY....spoiler is wothless, except for looks.