LC Model (2018-present)

How is your white & blue interior holding up?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-24, 08:23 PM
Lawrenceh123
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How is your white & blue interior holding up?

Hi guys. I'm deciding between the white/blue and the toasted caramel interior color. The white and blue looks absolutely gorgeous but I know it get dirty easily.

For those who have the white/blue interior, how are your white seats holding up after years of driving?

Thank you~
Old 06-22-24, 09:57 PM
zissis
Pit Crew

Received 75 Likes on 46 Posts

I have white on a few cars including the LC ... You just need to get a high quality ceramic coating and it's easy clean. Be careful of the coating brands though because some will yellow semi aniline leather. xpel just released a bulletin to all it's partners to not use their ceramic on white leather due to potential yellowing. You can also go with zurich shields. It's lower quality and the stuff the dealer will advise. If you do go zurich shield don't bother with the 7 year warranty just do the one year ... it's the same product used for both.

Get yourself a good ceramic on them and they are easy clean.
The following users liked this post:
2959 (06-23-24)
Old 06-22-24, 10:17 PM
AutoCrazy
Intermediate

Received 181 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by zissis
I have white on a few cars including the LC ... You just need to get a high quality ceramic coating and it's easy clean. Be careful of the coating brands though because some will yellow semi aniline leather. xpel just released a bulletin to all it's partners to not use their ceramic on white leather due to potential yellowing. You can also go with zurich shields. It's lower quality and the stuff the dealer will advise. If you do go zurich shield don't bother with the 7 year warranty just do the one year ... it's the same product used for both.

Agree completely with zissis.

I’ve had 0 issues with my vert’s white and blue interior, including cleaning up a monstrous bird mess on my white back seat without issue or trace…don’t ask how it happened …since I had my OCD cleaning products in the trunk.
Granted, I haven’t had years of experience with the interior but no issues so far, and the bird mess disaster was a BIG test!

Get the interior colour you want and enjoy it!

Last edited by AutoCrazy; 06-22-24 at 10:22 PM.
ragabnh (06-23-24)
Old 06-23-24, 12:00 AM
Lawrenceh123
8th Gear

You car is so clean
[ Get the interior colour you want and enjoy it! ] I totally agree! I might get the toasted caramel with nori green cuz the tree combo looks really unique too.
AutoCrazy (06-23-24)
Old 06-23-24, 12:03 AM
Lawrenceh123
8th Gear

Smile

Originally Posted by zissis

Thank you, I'll definitely look at the ceramic coatings
Old 06-23-24, 12:03 AM
Lawrenceh123
8th Gear

Smile

Originally Posted by AutoCrazy
Agree completely with zissis.

I’ve had 0 issues with my vert’s white and blue interior, including cleaning up a monstrous bird mess on my white back seat without issue or trace…don’t ask how it happened …since I had my OCD cleaning products in the trunk.
Granted, I haven’t had years of experience with the interior but no issues so far, and the bird mess disaster was a BIG test!

Get the interior colour you want and enjoy it!
You car is so clean
[ Get the interior colour you want and enjoy it! ] I totally agree! I might get the toasted caramel with nori green cuz the tree combo looks really unique too.

Old 06-23-24, 08:47 AM
AutoCrazy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lawrenceh123
You car is so clean
I bet the Nori Green and Toasted Caramel would be a gorgeous combination, especially the Nori Green sparkle in the sunshine!!!☀️

Last edited by AutoCrazy; 06-23-24 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-23-24, 09:02 AM
Barncobob
Intermediate

Received 174 Likes on 109 Posts

I had white leather buckets in my 64 Galaxie XL500...loked great when clean but a Pita to clean(sort of like a black car). green LC w tan interior is killer.
Old 06-23-24, 10:10 AM
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoCrazy
I bet the Nori Green and Toasted Caramel would be a gorgeous combination, especially the Nori Green sparkle in the sunshine!!!☀️
Agree, one of our RXL's was that combination. Best part was I don't believe I saw another one around here with those colors.
Old 06-23-24, 03:05 PM
LCIncline
Rookie

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Another consideration are reflections on the windshield. The toasted caramel interior has quite some reflection which can be distracting. I heard this from an owner before I bought mine and then switched to the red/black interior.
The white/blue has the dark blue above the gauge cluster, so you won't have distracting reflections.
2959 (06-23-24)
Old 06-23-24, 06:53 PM
Mmagic76
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

What specific products do you keep in your trunk to use for your interior/exterior? Thx.
Old 06-23-24, 08:52 PM
AutoCrazy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mmagic76
What specific products do you keep in your trunk to use for your interior/exterior? Thx.
A good friend suggested keeping my “go to’s” in a light weight duffle bag.

I carry a bunch of typical name brand producers like Chemical Guys, Meguiar’s, Mother’s, and Adam’s.

I use Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner and Leather Nectar. I use ArmorAll Leather Care as well.

As an aside if you clean and polish your paint - and you didn’t pay for ceramic - to reduce swirl marks I really like Klasse All-In-One cleaner followed by their High Gloss Sealant Glaze.

If you need a good rubbing compound for nastier swirl marks/paint cleaning I recommend 3M Perfect-It Rubbing compound.

I carry a bunch of microfibre clothes in the bag.

zissis (06-24-24)
Old 06-23-24, 08:54 PM
mycool307
Rookie

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

I just got my car, but everyone that sees it can’t stop raving about the blue & white interior. I recently read an article that claimed white interiors are easier to keep clean than black. Not sure I believe that but get what you like and you’ll be fine. Good luck.

Old 06-23-24, 09:11 PM
AutoCrazy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mycool307
I just got my car, but everyone that sees it can’t stop raving about the blue & white interior. I recently read an article that claimed white interiors are easier to keep clean than black. Not sure I believe that but get what you like and you’ll be fine. Good luck.

Your car is STUNNING 😍

The white certainly doesn’t absorb heat like the darker interiors, a nice benefit when your wearing shorts, roof down on a warm sunny day.
The following 2 users liked this post by AutoCrazy:
2959 (06-24-24), mycool307 (06-24-24)
Old 06-24-24, 07:28 AM
Badhobz
Instructor

Received 628 Likes on 334 Posts

The following 3 users liked this post by Badhobz:
2959 (06-24-24), AutoCrazy (06-24-24), zissis (06-24-24)

Quick Reply: How is your white & blue interior holding up?