LC Model (2018-present)

Nagging Issues on My LC500

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-24, 06:47 AM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 891 Likes on 618 Posts

^^ We also have a member here that removed the trunk LC500 emblem that was misaligned .
Post #1137 https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...l#post11622710

Last edited by tecman; 07-03-24 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-03-24, 01:11 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At the end of the day, the LC is still a mass produced vehicle. It doesn't really get any special attention (yes, the assembly line runs a little slower) from Toyota during assembly.
The following users liked this post:
kirkd1 (07-03-24)
Old 07-03-24, 01:19 PM
cburke71
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kirkd1
... Putting a trunk matt in the 2024 that is not correct does not sound exceptional. ...
I chuckled at this because it took three guys with four different opinions to get the trunk matt in my 2024 in-place correctly. Not exceptional, but a minor annoyance at purchase.
kirkd1 (07-03-24)
Old 07-03-24, 02:08 PM
NickL
Racer

Received 428 Likes on 275 Posts

You mean how it just flop over the goop pump?
How after thought is this. Any LC that came with non-runflat is supplied with the goop pump. However, they have nowhere to put it but to strap it to the side of the trunk. They didn’t bother to make a cut out on the mat for the straps so that it can sit flat nicely under the pump.

The emergency kit side has cut out for the straps so the mat can sit under it nicely. This is how it should be.

I couldn’t find a place to put this pump kit so I unstrapped it and just lay it over the mat. Doesn’t seem to move around.
Old 07-03-24, 02:18 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 421 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
You mean how it just flop over the goop pump?
How after thought is this. Any LC that came with non-runflat is supplied with the goop pump. However, they have nowhere to put it but to strap it to the side of the trunk. They didn’t bother to make a cut out on the mat for the straps so that it can sit flat nicely under the pump.
wow that is pathetic lol. I'm assuming I will run into this one as well when I pick up.
Old 07-03-24, 02:37 PM
NickL
Racer

The whole “how to fix a flat” is kinda messed up on the LC. For a $100k+ car, you would think it comes with a jack and the wrenches. I understand the vehicle used to have runflats and now they provide a goop pump. But c’mom, there’s cut out and holes for a jack and wrench. Why not just supply it?
I looked up OEM scissors jack and it’s ~$220.
This thread is about nitpicking right?
But I really think it’s good principle for Lexus to supply the missing tools.
Old 07-03-24, 02:47 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 421 Likes on 294 Posts

The whole “how to fix a flat” is kinda messed up on the LC. For a $100k+ car, you would think it comes with a jack and the wrenches. I understand the vehicle used to have runflats and now they provide a goop pump. But c’mom, there’s cut out and holes for a jack and wrench. Why not just supply it?
I looked up OEM scissors jack and it’s ~$220.
This thread is about nitpicking right?
But I really think it’s good principle for Lexus to supply the missing tools.
LOL $220 for a scissor jack and lug wrench is robbery.

I wonder if I should steal the jack out of my GS before I trade it in and just keep it. Can't imagine they'd ding my trade in for a missing jack
Old 07-03-24, 03:02 PM
BoreRoverGuy
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I’m not saying that I did it, but I worked at a car dealership in high school and any time a BMW came in the screwdriver was immediately stolen from the toolkit by the first employee to get there. (It was a plastic handle with a reversible Phillips/Standard insert that slid in and out.) We needed them to put dealer plates on for test drives, and for whatever reason nobody else made one of similar size and quality. (Home Depot has a dozen similar models, nowadays.) I still remember the owner showing his best friend, who bought a car for his son, saying “this thing is so pristine that it even has the screwdriver in it.” His face turned eight shades of red when he opened the kit to find that someone had pulled it out within the hour it had been on the lot. I had to go inside because I knew I couldn’t hold my laughter for more than a few minutes. It wasn’t me.
AutoCrazy (07-03-24)
Old 07-03-24, 04:51 PM
RCFun
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default 2024 wheel bolts

Since the 2024 have bolts instead of lugs, did your car come with a generic key? What’s the dimension? Just curious and didn’t want to start a new thread…but since we’re talking about the lack of tools….
Old 07-03-24, 05:16 PM
NickL
Racer

Originally Posted by RCFun
Since the 2024 have bolts instead of lugs, did your car come with a generic key? What’s the dimension? Just curious and didn’t want to start a new thread…but since we’re talking about the lack of tools….
No wrench or socket supplied to remove the wheels.
I was told 17mm but I haven’t tried it.
Old 07-03-24, 05:33 PM
Dukeaudio
Advanced

Received 122 Likes on 89 Posts

No wrench or socket supplied to remove the wheels.
I was told 17mm but I haven’t tried it.
Yes, 17mm @103ft/lb.
NickL (07-03-24)
Old 07-03-24, 05:49 PM
NickL
Racer

Originally Posted by np20412
LOL $220 for a scissor jack and lug wrench is robbery.
https://www.mylparts.com/oem-parts/l...YaAu2kEALw_wcB

https://www.mylparts.com/oem-parts/l...4aAplbEALw_wcB

https://www.mylparts.com/oem-parts/l...bC12OC1nYXM%3D

Scissor Jack, wrench, and crank handle is about $300 after shipping. This is what normally supplied when you buy a car. And this is what needed to fill the empty slots in the tool compartment of your LC.
I don’t know why they skim out on their flagship vehicle that is sold less than 2,000 units a year while the mass production vehicles like ES, NX, RX sold by the hundreds thousands a year get them even though some have runflats and/or goop pump.
Old 07-03-24, 06:28 PM
BlueIS05
Pit Crew

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Scissor Jack, wrench, and crank handle is about $300 after shipping. This is what normally supplied when you buy a car. And this is what needed to fill the empty slots in the tool compartment of your LC.
I don’t know why they skim out on their flagship vehicle that is sold less than 2,000 units a year while the mass production vehicles like ES, NX, RX sold by the hundreds thousands a year get them even though some have runflats and/or goop pump.
Very strange decision indeed. Every Lexus and even Toyota's I've owned include all these tools!
Old 07-03-24, 06:48 PM
kirkd1
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BoreRoverGuy
I’m not saying that I did it, but I worked at a car dealership in high school and any time a BMW came in the screwdriver was immediately stolen from the toolkit by the first employee to get there. (It was a plastic handle with a reversible Phillips/Standard insert that slid in and out.) We needed them to put dealer plates on for test drives, and for whatever reason nobody else made one of similar size and quality. (Home Depot has a dozen similar models, nowadays.) I still remember the owner showing his best friend, who bought a car for his son, saying “this thing is so pristine that it even has the screwdriver in it.” His face turned eight shades of red when he opened the kit to find that someone had pulled it out within the hour it had been on the lot. I had to go inside because I knew I couldn’t hold my laughter for more than a few minutes. It wasn’t me.
Excellent story!
BoreRoverGuy (07-03-24)
Old 07-03-24, 08:56 PM
Dukeaudio
Advanced

Received 122 Likes on 89 Posts

I added an alignment pin to my 'kit'...now that they're bolts vs nuts.

Quick Reply: Nagging Issues on My LC500