Nagging Issues on My LC500

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:37 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts
Default Nagging Issues on My LC500

Hey everyone,

I just uploaded a video discussing some nagging annoyances on my LC500, which truly aren't that much of an issue - just minor things. I was curious if any of you have had these issues with your LC500. I know for sure that the seatbelt issue has been discussed in here, but I also wanted to know on the other two. I would sincerely appreciate your feedback on these please. Thanks in advance!

Old Yesterday, 07:25 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 253 Likes on 192 Posts

I am picking up my 24 in a couple weeks, will let you know on the seatbelt bit what mine looks like.

btw, what part of FL are you in? I've been trying to find someone with the armytrix so I can hear it in person, need to decide if closed valves are still too loud for the wife
Old Yesterday, 07:30 AM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by np20412
I am picking up my 24 in a couple weeks, will let you know on the seatbelt bit what mine looks like.

btw, what part of FL are you in? I've been trying to find someone with the armytrix so I can hear it in person, need to decide if closed valves are still too loud for the wife
Thanks! Yeah, I'm pretty sure some other owners took delivery of their LC with the seatbelt flipped (as shown in the video). It seems that it's a mix - some do and some don't have it flipped. Curious if it's intentional from factory. Can't imagine if there's no consistency.

I'm in Orlando. As for the Armytrix, it's actually quieter than OEM with the valves closed. If you're close by, we can always coordinate to meet up!
Old Yesterday, 07:55 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 296 Likes on 198 Posts

Here’s my ‘24. Is it twisted? If so, it doesn’t bother me. What bothers me though, is the lack of height adjustment. The edge of the belt irritates my neck. The only way is to adjust the seat height so high that my head hits the roof. I’m 5’9.
My hood doesn’t pop open much either. I think this was the same as my GSF. Again, doesn’t bother me. Real easy to just stick your finger in there and lift it up.

The following users liked this post:
2959 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 253 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by guanche2k9
Thanks! Yeah, I'm pretty sure some other owners took delivery of their LC with the seatbelt flipped (as shown in the video). It seems that it's a mix - some do and some don't have it flipped. Curious if it's intentional from factory. Can't imagine if there's no consistency.

I'm in Orlando. As for the Armytrix, it's actually quieter than OEM with the valves closed. If you're close by, we can always coordinate to meet up!
Wow quieter than OEM with valves closed is unexpected and actually awesome. I am in north Tampa so not too far out, perhaps I will make the drive over once I have the car and have it PPFd. I won't touch I-4 before that

Will message you directly to coordinate once I'm rocking and rolling, appreciate your willingness to help
Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Seat belts twisted on mine, guess I ignore it. Hood pops with latch, noticeable sound and opens to secondary catch.

My peeve is the roof to frame alignment on the Convertible, especially the right top side. Dealership "adjusted" it, but when looking across the top you can still see it's not straight (didn't and doesn't leak, so that's good). It's also visible from the inside drivers seat, looking toward the Pax top right corner (side window to roof line) you can see a small gap in the seals. Like I said, it's better but still there.
Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM
Dukeaudio
Advanced

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
Here’s my ‘24. Is it twisted? If so, it doesn’t bother me. What bothers me though, is the lack of height adjustment. The edge of the belt irritates my neck. The only way is to adjust the seat height so high that my head hits the roof. I’m 5’9.
My hood doesn’t pop open much either. I think this was the same as my GSF. Again, doesn’t bother me. Real easy to just stick your finger in there and lift it up.

Have you tried pulling belt all the way out? I've had this happen in a different vehicle and the fold was at the belt's end of range. Also, I use a seat belt shoulder adjuster to keep belt off my neck since I prefer the seat lower in cabin for more head space.
Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM
Dukeaudio
Advanced

Have you tried pulling belt all the way out? I've had this happen in a different vehicle and the fold was at the belt's end of range. Also, I use a seat belt shoulder adjuster to keep belt off my neck since I prefer the seat lower in cabin for more head space.
Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM
NickL
Instructor

I tried pulling it all the way out but didn’t help.
I have to look into the shoulder adjuster. Which one you use? Is it a one time set up or I have to put it on every time I put on the seatbelt.
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM
Dukeaudio
Advanced

I tried pulling it all the way out but didn’t help.
I have to look into the shoulder adjuster. Which one you use? Is it a one time set up or I have to put it on every time I put on the seatbelt.
Having connection issues w/link...

NickL (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM
AutoCrazy
Pit Crew

Received 174 Likes on 99 Posts

Here are pics (latched and unlatched) of my ‘24 convertible seatbelt.
It is situated/installed properly with no twists when latched.

mehran888 (Today)
Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM
NickL
Instructor

Could be a coupe vs convertible thing.
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM
AutoCrazy
Pit Crew

Received 174 Likes on 99 Posts

Could be a coupe vs convertible thing.
I was thinking the same thing.
Upper seatbelt retractor on coupe seems to dispense from more of a vertical slot/mount (haven’t seen a coupe in person) and convertible dispenses from a horizontal slot/mount. Hmmm?

Looked again at the author’s video of his coupe seatbelt and I’d say it’s correctly mounted but I’m no expert.

Last edited by AutoCrazy; Yesterday at 07:39 PM.