LC Model (2018-present)

Discounts on new LCs

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-24, 09:08 AM
BoreRoverGuy
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Discounts on new LCs

I’m seeing more and more new cars pop up with discounts of $5K+. Some have options that I don’t love so maybe they’re just discounting them to meet the market, but other configurations seem just fine. I know that this is an extremely low volume model, but has the market for LCs softened, are these dealers looking to free up some floorplan dollars, or is it something else? I doubt that they’re moving them for ‘25s. I’d thought that most places were sticking tight to MSRP.
The following users liked this post:
pkim1078 (07-05-24)
Old 07-05-24, 10:08 AM
NickL
Racer

Received 428 Likes on 275 Posts

They have been discounting the new one for a while.
I think the fact that LC hasn’t really been changed since 2018 and that you can get a couple years old used for a bargain, the new LC aren’t moving that quick except for some color combinations. 2020 and 2021 LC with low mileage and no accident go for under 70k. Yes, there’s some slight tweak in the transmission and suspension from 2018 but unless you drive them back to back, every day driving is not noticeable.
Lexus just love to build white cars. While this might work on their other vehicle in their line up, an LC really look much better in bolder colors. I see a ‘24 inspiration convertible at 7K discount without any negotiation right now.
Old 07-05-24, 10:30 AM
BoreRoverGuy
Pit Crew

Where do you see the Inspiration? Coupe? Is it the one in Atlanta, Seattle, or is there another one? I saw some other white car on Cars.com for $7K off, but that was actually just a really well optioned regular car.
Old 07-05-24, 11:40 AM
NickL
Racer

Originally Posted by BoreRoverGuy
Where do you see the Inspiration? Coupe? Is it the one in Atlanta, Seattle, or is there another one? I saw some other white car on Cars.com for $7K off, but that was actually just a really well optioned regular car.
Performance Lexus has all 3 their LC including Inspiration convertible at 5-6K off msrp.
https://www.performancelexus.com/new...%5D%5B0%5D=New
Old 07-05-24, 12:29 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 422 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
Performance Lexus has all 3 their LC including Inspiration convertible at 5-6K off msrp.
Have you bought from this dealer? A lot of dealers will play this game to get you in the door and then you've got worthless ceramic coating and anti theft devices and nitrogen tire packages worth the difference that they won't move on, ending up back at msrp lol
Old 07-05-24, 01:05 PM
BoreRoverGuy
Pit Crew

I had an offer from another which wanted a lot more for tints than you could ever pay. They also sent a video of the car … which had no tints. To their credit, after I asked, they agreed to not to do tints pre-delivery and just drop the cost.
Old 07-05-24, 01:28 PM
NickL
Racer

Originally Posted by np20412
Have you bought from this dealer? A lot of dealers will play this game to get you in the door and then you've got worthless ceramic coating and anti theft devices and nitrogen tire packages worth the difference that they won't move on, ending up back at msrp lol
No. I have not any contact with Performance Lexus. Their YouTube and website look legit though.
I mean, all you have to say is No. I think a good dealership will not waste their time trying those games with customer looking for an LC. Their time is better spent on more general market like ES, NX, and RX where they sell a ton more.
np20412 (07-05-24)
Old 07-05-24, 03:21 PM
RCFun
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Just 1 data point

I bought my bespoke vert on June 30th after negotiating for the prior 5 days …last day of the month, quarter, and middle year! Haha discount was substantial in my mind $11k-ish off sticker.

So yes…deals abound! If you call in the next 10 minutes…
Old 07-05-24, 03:27 PM
BoreRoverGuy
Pit Crew

Talking

Originally Posted by RCFun
I bought my bespoke vert on June 30th after negotiating for the prior 5 days …last day of the month, quarter, and middle year! Haha discount was substantial in my mind $11k-ish off sticker.

So yes…deals abound! If you call in the next 10 minutes…
Out of curiosity, when did they tell you to expect delivery? It sounds like you got a pretty solid deal, unless I’m mistaken. In my head, there’s some premium to having a car to drive for the summer, as I wouldn’t drive it much until April if I got a late Fall delivery. What’s that worth? Depends on the day.
Old 07-05-24, 03:59 PM
NickL
Racer

Out of curiosity, when did they tell you to expect delivery? It sounds like you got a pretty solid deal, unless I’m mistaken. In my head, there’s some premium to having a car to drive for the summer, as I wouldn’t drive it much until April if I got a late Fall delivery. What’s that worth? Depends on the day.
Im pretty sure that’s on a vehicle that’s on the lot already. Not all Bespoke are special order.
Lexus build a bunch of their own Bespokes up for grab by dealers.
Old 07-05-24, 04:04 PM
RCFun
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Im pretty sure that’s on a vehicle that’s on the lot already. Not all Bespoke are special order.
Lexus build a bunch of their own Bespokes up for grab by dealers.
Yes, that’s correct, thanks for the clarification. Perhaps someone else ordered it (or the dealer did) and backed out so that probably contributed to my deal!

Beachtyme (07-08-24)
Old 07-05-24, 04:31 PM
BoreRoverGuy
Pit Crew

Gotcha. Yes, it seems like a lot of dealers placed Bespoke orders. There’s one in the Midwest who got a few Whites with the White/Blue leather interior, and I think that they’ve realized that the market isn’t there for them. They have discounts advertised of over $5K on those cars, and probably would’ve made some moves if they needed to hit a number at the end of quarter. Enjoy the car. Very nice.
Old 07-05-24, 08:04 PM
Orion54
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I looked at that 24 Inspiration before I got mine in California. That one has over 600 miles on it when I looked a month ago. Just in case anyone is looking because they took the mileage off the listing. Also, they may add a "Market Adjustment" because it's an inspiration. South Carolina dealer tried that with me. $20k add on plus extras putting it over $160k. $170k if I got PPF and ceramic from them.

Salesperson I dealt with in CA was great and honest. Only problem is getting CA DMV to re-issue the title. 45-60 days minimum.
Old 07-05-24, 08:48 PM
BoreRoverGuy
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Orion54
I looked at that 24 Inspiration before I got mine in California. That one has over 600 miles on it when I looked a month ago. Just in case anyone is looking because they took the mileage off the listing. Also, they may add a "Market Adjustment" because it's an inspiration. South Carolina dealer tried that with me. $20k add on plus extras putting it over $160k. $170k if I got PPF and ceramic from them.

Salesperson I dealt with in CA was great and honest. Only problem is getting CA DMV to re-issue the title. 45-60 days minimum.
Did CA try to hit you with a market adjustment? I’m curious what’s going on with the Inspiration Series, but there aren’t a lot to look at. Even fewer coupes. (I only know of two available at the moment.)
Old 07-06-24, 06:53 AM
Orion54
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Did CA try to hit you with a market adjustment? I’m curious what’s going on with the Inspiration Series, but there aren’t a lot to look at. Even fewer coupes. (I only know of two available at the moment.)
The salesperson didn't but he told me that the dealer had the one I bought with a $15k markup and that's why it didn't move. All other LCs they had had no markup. I asked the salesperson how long the car had been there and he was very honest and said a few months and that the markup was probably why it didn't move. We got the mark up down to $3k. I didn't want to pay that but the car is the one my wife wants and she's going to be driving mostly. I didn't have to haggle on addons like the SC dealer wanted. The dealer wanted $5k markup and the salesperson said he wasn't coming back to me with that and told them to take it or the customer is walking. He wanted to close the deal and did a great job being the middleman. Very refreshing since I really dislike the bait and switch crap dealing with dealerships like the SC one. SC one had the car marked at MSRP + a few added options so I was excited to put a deposit on it. Then the bait and switch stuff started with the assistant GM. Oh there a this fee and this fee and by the way a $20k market markup. Oh and we're doing you a favor since we can't really sell it out of state to GA. WTF?

Regarding the Inspirations and mark ups. I think dealers know there are very few Inspirations around and will hold on the price and markup. SC was willing to cut the mark up to $10k but added on Environmental fee and other crap that basically got it back up from the $10k drop.
BoreRoverGuy (07-06-24)

Quick Reply: Discounts on new LCs