LC Model (2018-present)

A few preliminary questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-24, 10:39 AM
dragonmilk
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Post A few preliminary questions

Total longshot, but my wife sort of wants a sports car to...not drive very quickly, and I want to steer her to something like the LC500. Had a few questions after seeing one in person:

1) Anyone else have huge issues with closing the trunk? Seems like an easy design flaw fix
2) Anyone have feedback on the 2024 infotainment/safety system update vs. older models?
3) Ballpark, what would like a 2019 or 2020 model year cost if it has say 50k, 75k, 100k miles on it? (Good condition, oil changed on time, but "high" mileage which I assume is very satisfying highway cruising)

Thanks!
Old 07-08-24, 11:54 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 378 Likes on 247 Posts

1) No issue with closing the trunk. It does take a little bit of strength to slightly slam it down. I do agree that at this price level, it should come with auto trunk like the LS series. This is one of my dislikes on the LC500.
2) No biggie with older infotainment usage. It takes a little more to get used to. Better dash aesthetically and no fingerprints. However, the tech like Lane Keep Assist and Radar cruise control is last generation. Newer generation Lane Trace Assist works much better to keep the vehicle in the lane. Lots of ping pong back and forth with previous gen LKA. This is easy to evaluate if the dealer has a used LC500 and a ‘24.
CarPlay remove a lot of interaction with the infotainment. Newer model has wireless CarPlay and it’s seamless. Older model requires you to plug in the phone.
3)Pricing is as what you see in Autotrader,Cars,Edmunds etc. 70-80k depends on the condition and mileage of the vehicle. Convertibles are little more than coupe.

Last edited by NickL; 07-08-24 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-08-24, 01:39 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,361 Posts

I have no issue closing the trunk There is an interior handle on the right side of the lid. A gentle pull on that closes the trunk with little effort

Lou
Old 07-08-24, 01:47 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 632 Likes on 405 Posts

Are there many high-mileage LCs even available for sale yet?
Old 07-08-24, 02:19 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 876 Likes on 608 Posts

Looked at cars.com, autotrader and cargurus and this is the highest mileage.

Old 07-08-24, 04:20 PM
dragonmilk
Driver

Originally Posted by tecman
Looked at cars.com, autotrader and cargurus and this is the highest mileage.

Exactly - wasn't sure if folk have been looking around for a while/have been tracking as the ones I've seen seem a bit steep for their mileage.
Old 07-09-24, 05:32 AM
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Agree with NickL; no trunk closing issue except it's not motorized so requires intent for open/close.
Preferred the older style dash, seemed to be more aesthetically/flow pleasing to me (but I'm previously used to the trackpad anyway). Using Climate Concierge has worked fine requiring no access to the controls anyway. Did add the Ottocast for wireless CarPlay, was worth every penny so far.
Don't really use lane assist or Radar cruise, prefer to just hold the cruise On switch for 3 secs which reverts back to old time cruise control (do like the steering wheel button vs the stalk on other Lexus's).
Old 07-09-24, 07:45 AM
kirkd1
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
I have no issue closing the trunk There is an interior handle on the right side of the lid. A gentle pull on that closes the trunk with little effort

Lou
Maybe mine will shut easier with more use? I find the interior small pull handle useless. Mine currently takes a substantial amount of force to close.. If you can shut it using the interior handle while getting your hand out of the way, good for you!
Old 07-09-24, 08:16 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 377 Likes on 261 Posts

It's still really hard for me to believe they didn't outfit LCs with power trunk. I mean come on, this is your flagship GT with 6 figure MSRP for crying out loud! Even my 10 year old GS has power trunk
Old 07-09-24, 08:36 AM
jbuffett
Intermediate

Received 194 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by dragonmilk
Total longshot, but my wife sort of wants a sports car to...not drive very quickly, and I want to steer her to something like the LC500. Had a few questions after seeing one in person:

1) Anyone else have huge issues with closing the trunk? Seems like an easy design flaw fix
2) Anyone have feedback on the 2024 infotainment/safety system update vs. older models?
3) Ballpark, what would like a 2019 or 2020 model year cost if it has say 50k, 75k, 100k miles on it? (Good condition, oil changed on time, but "high" mileage which I assume is very satisfying highway cruising)
1 - If you're finding the trunk difficult to close, try gently pulling it toward you first then down. It has to do with the way the hinges are designed.

2 - I've had both, the 2024 is better because of wireless Android Auto. The dash area doesn't look as good, the original version of the car is a work of art. Depending on how technically proficient your wife is, the 2024+ will probably be easier for her to operate. My wife finds the new system to be much easier to use.

3 - Cheapest LCs you can get right now start in the mid $50's. You can buy down a lot of miles by spending a little more, for example my buddy bought a '20 Inspiration with 8K miles for $71K.
Old 07-09-24, 09:18 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 378 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by kirkd1
If you can shut it using the interior handle while getting your hand out of the way, good for you!
LMAO. Agreed. I used that inside handle in the beginning but after a couple times of driving away and the chime of trunk not closed, I now just use both hands on the trunk and push it down.
The following users liked this post:
StuM (07-11-24)
Old 07-09-24, 01:11 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 108 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
LMAO. Agreed. I used that inside handle in the beginning but after a couple times of driving away and the chime of trunk not closed, I now just use both hands on the trunk and push it down.
I'm 6 hours into ownership and have had to close the trunk about 6 times (wow, once an hour). Team "quick pull on the inside and GTFO of the way" for now. I can see it getting old or awkward very quickly.
Old 07-09-24, 02:00 PM
kirkd1
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I can't agree more. It is a minor issue in the list of worldly things that bother me. I am 6 months in and I quit using the handle and will probably just remove it. The car is too nice and life is to short for me to be standing at the back of the car with my hand stuck in the trunk!
Old 07-10-24, 07:12 AM
zissis
Pit Crew

Received 75 Likes on 46 Posts

I don't use the trunk at all. If I need to bring something with me I take one of the other cars. The LC is for fun drives and all I need for that is my credit card key
Old 07-10-24, 05:46 PM
dragonmilk
Driver

Originally Posted by jbuffett
1 - If you're finding the trunk difficult to close, try gently pulling it toward you first then down. It has to do with the way the hinges are designed.

2 - I've had both, the 2024 is better because of wireless Android Auto. The dash area doesn't look as good, the original version of the car is a work of art. Depending on how technically proficient your wife is, the 2024+ will probably be easier for her to operate. My wife finds the new system to be much easier to use.

3 - Cheapest LCs you can get right now start in the mid $50's. You can buy down a lot of miles by spending a little more, for example my buddy bought a '20 Inspiration with 8K miles for $71K.
Yeah, I was surprised how much they are listed at. I had figured maybe 5 years 50k miles would be half price for a luxury car, but nope

Quick Reply: A few preliminary questions