LC Model (2018-present)

What Dealer only Customizable Options did you change

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:40 PM
gdurhamski
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default What Dealer only Customizable Options did you change

I am getting ready for my 1,000 service, which is really not much except having the dealer make some customizable changes that can only be performed by the dealer and not have to pay for them. I am curious to what others have chose to have the dealer make for them so I don't miss anything others find important to change. I currently have 2.
1. Wireless Remote Control Trunk Unlocking Operation Change to “Push Twice”.
2. Power Windows Wireless Remote Control Linked to Opening the Windows By holding down unlock button
Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM
dknyov
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by gdurhamski
I am getting ready for my 1,000 service, which is really not much except having the dealer make some customizable changes that can only be performed by the dealer and not have to pay for them. I am curious to what others have chose to have the dealer make for them so I don't miss anything others find important to change. I currently have 2.
1. Wireless Remote Control Trunk Unlocking Operation Change to “Push Twice”.
2. Power Windows Wireless Remote Control Linked to Opening the Windows By holding down unlock button
+Change turn signal to 7 blinkers.
+Change to turn off the engine the 2 outside mirrors will auto fold in.
Old Today, 04:51 AM
Mikethebike
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Power Windows Wireless Remote Control buzzer default-OFF
Open door buzzer-OFF
Old Today, 05:13 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 317 Likes on 230 Posts

I've asked my dealer to make below changes during PDI before I take delivery, hopefully they will. If not I'll ask my local dealer to do so at first service. The only one I forgot below that I want added is to turn the door buzzer off.
  • Page 463 - Door lock > Unlock using a mechanical key > set Customized setting “Both side doors unlocked in one step”
  • Page 465 - Driving position memory > Selecting the door linking driving position memory with door unlock operation > set Customized setting “Both side doors”
  • Page 466 - Power windows > Mechanical key linked operation > set Customized setting “On”
  • Page 466 - Power windows > Wireless remote control linked operation > set Customized setting “On”
  • Page 466 - Power windows > Wireless remote control linked operation signal (buzzer) > set Customized setting “Off”
  • Page 466 - Automatic light control system > Windshield wiper linked heading illumination > set Customized setting “Off”
  • Page 468 - Seat belt reminder buzzer > Speed-linked seat belt reminder function > set Customized setting “Off"

Last edited by np20412; Today at 05:27 AM.
Old Today, 05:29 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dknyov
+Change turn signal to 7 blinkers.
+Change to turn off the engine the 2 outside mirrors will auto fold in.
7 blinks is crazy to me, that is so long! I changed it from 3 to 5 on my GS and I can live with it, but on the LC I think I am going to keep it at 3. Sometimes I feel like even 5 feels long in the tooth, and I've changed my driving habits to only signal now once I spy an opening I'm going to change into rather than a more prolonged indicator.

I'm undecided on the mirror folding with engine off vs the default of door lock. In one sense I can see it being convenient because even at home when I don't lock the vehicle, the mirrors will fold so less chance of damage from kids walking thru the garage. On the other hand, it means every time the car is powered on and off the mirror motor will be used, leading to extra wear. I don't know the life of these motors or if my concern is warranted but that gives me pause as far as that motor being used twice literally everytime the car is driven. I also spend some time in the car at kids events with the engine off and I like the mirrors to be open so I can keep an eye on my surroundings easily.
Old Today, 06:06 AM
gdurhamski
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks to all of you who replied. I will be taking these into consideration and will be doing some of the same.
Old Today, 06:15 AM
KineticU
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Reverse beep alert-

Not sure how much has changed over the years, but according to a 2018 list:

42- Reverse beep alert

When the vehicle is shifted into reverse:
The alert will beep continuously (standard)
The alert will beep once

Trending Topics

Old Today, 06:22 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KineticU
Reverse beep alert-

Not sure how much has changed over the years, but according to a 2018 list:

42- Reverse beep alert

When the vehicle is shifted into reverse:
The alert will beep continuously (standard)
The alert will beep once
They did away with it by default for the 24s thankfully! It's not even listed as an option in the manual for 24 and I think some members have confirmed it doesn't do it anymore like it did on the earlier models (I think just a single beep now to indicate you entered reverse gear).