LC Model (2018-present)

Do I own the only LC without satellite radio?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-24, 06:54 PM
whiskerbiscuit
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I own the only LC without satellite radio?

I took delivery of a 2019 Inspiration Series LC500 last weekend. Super clean, 8680 miles. Originally from Hawaii, then made the trek to New Jersey and is now in SoCal.

I bought it sight unseen but had a Lexus dealership perform a pre purchase inspection that included a video of the car and its undercarriage.

I was reading the owner's manual to get familiar with the infotainment system when I discovered that the SiriusXM icon was nowhere to be found.

I verified the absence with SiriusXM and a manager at Honolulu Lexus where the vehicle was first sold. I was able to confirm prior to purchase that the low pressure fuel pump had been replaced. Thanks to all on this forum for that pro tip.

Anyway, it made me chuckle that, for whatever reason, this particular Lexus with an original MSRP of $106-107K did not include this bell/whistle. It has damn near everything else!

I figure it makes it that much more rare. Or at the very least, a lovable Toyota quirk.
Old 08-21-24, 07:07 PM
NickL
Instructor

Received 389 Likes on 253 Posts

I thought XM radio is standard in the unit’s head.
Maybe the subscription has expired. I know for one, I don’t care for it.
Old 08-21-24, 07:12 PM
whiskerbiscuit
5th Gear

That's what I thought, too. SiruisXM has no record of a radio number assigned to my VIN.

I called the manager at Honolulu Lexus who sent me an abbreviated build sheet and satellite radio is not listed.

So it made me wonder if there are other LCs out there without it.

Old 08-21-24, 07:16 PM
NickL
Instructor

You don’t see XM in the spec?
I thought this is a standard. Does it have Mark Levinson?
Would be really strange if they build an inspiration series, which is supposed to be a very special trim, without XM.

Old 08-21-24, 07:18 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 391 Likes on 271 Posts

Hawaii Lexus builds don't conform to typical USA spec. Hawaii builds are largely their own spec
Old 08-21-24, 07:21 PM
NickL
Instructor

This is an inspiration series though.
2019 IS is actually one I would go for. The yellow and white interior with yellow stitching is sweet.
Old 08-21-24, 07:22 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

i guess if you were desperate for sirius you could use the phone app and stream it via bluetooth or carplay. it would even sound better that way than the garbage satellite signal.
The following 2 users liked this post by bitkahuna:
mcomer (08-22-24), np20412 (08-21-24)
Old 08-21-24, 07:23 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 391 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
2019 IS is actually one I would go for. The yellow and white interior with yellow stitching is sweet.
It's that they are not technically considered USA bound vehicles when they are allocated and sold by servco Lexus in Hawaii. So, it follows that it may not have SiriusXM. They are closer to aussie or euro spec.
Old 08-21-24, 07:40 PM
whiskerbiscuit
5th Gear

Yep, carbon fiber roof and rear wheel steering, too.
Old 08-21-24, 07:44 PM
whiskerbiscuit
5th Gear

Would be really strange if they build an inspiration series, which is supposed to be a very special trim, without XM.
It does have the ML system. The owner's manual shows how to use satellite radio, how to subscribe and how to find the radio ID number. The manuals evidently are all the same, Hawaiian Servco specs are slightly different, I guess.
Old 08-21-24, 07:48 PM
whiskerbiscuit
5th Gear

It does have the ML audio.
Old 08-21-24, 07:59 PM
whiskerbiscuit
5th Gear

It is pretty much loaded, just without satellite radio. I know I can use my phone app, but the main advantage is the satellite signal when you are in the middle of nowhere.

The best sound quality I have experienced through the ML is an AAD recorded CD with a flat transfer. Some of my early CDs sound excellent considering it is a factory sound system. I can crank it and my ears do not bleed, y'know?
Old 08-22-24, 12:12 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 132 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by whiskerbiscuit
It is pretty much loaded, just without satellite radio. I know I can use my phone app, but the main advantage is the satellite signal when you are in the middle of nowhere.

The best sound quality I have experienced through the ML is an AAD recorded CD with a flat transfer. Some of my early CDs sound excellent considering it is a factory sound system. I can crank it and my ears do not bleed, y'know?
Well I have the same car and it definitely has Sirius. That is very odd. If you were ambitious you could try to track down the Sirius antenna, but what you're saying is pretty convincing that you lack that feature. I'm surprised they would make a one-off for something like that. It's not like satellite doesn't work world-wide or that they charged extra for it.
Old 08-22-24, 06:20 AM
IcyBishop
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 68 Posts

Same car as well and have the SXM... but honestly the car versions of SXM are worthless and sound like **** in any vehicle. Odd that your car doesn't have it but you aren't really missing out!

App is the answer!
Old 08-22-24, 09:45 AM
355F1
Racer

Received 634 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by np20412
It's that they are not technically considered USA bound vehicles when they are allocated and sold by servco Lexus in Hawaii.
Just like Louis Vuitton pricing is cheaper in Hawaii at their boutiques because they are not considered part of the US distribution chain.

Quick Reply: Do I own the only LC without satellite radio?