LC Model (2018-present)

Anyone use QuickJacks?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM
legbuh
9th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Anyone use QuickJacks?

I have a set of Quick Jacks (5000SLX if I remember right). It's worked great for most of my cars. Has anyone used it on the LC500 (convertible in my case).

Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM
hainess
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the quickjack 5000tl and had to buy the extensions for the LC500. I love them and about to use them next week to do my oil change and install some spacers on a coupe.
The following users liked this post:
LS460SC430 (Today)
Old Today, 06:29 AM
IcyBishop
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 68 Posts

Yep, works great (extensions are a must for all cars that I've encountered)
Old Today, 07:26 AM
legbuh
9th Gear

Does the 3 inches on either side really make that much of a difference? Even for a unibody vehicle? I've used my quickjack without extensions for my Kia Stinger... it's close but not on the exact lift points and seems to work fine.
Old Today, 09:36 AM
IcyBishop
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 68 Posts

Yeah, huge difference. The pinch weld points are very specific on some cars (definitely the LC), and the standard platform wont allow the blocks to reach them.
For vehicles that have the exposed pinch rail the whole length of the car it's probably not a big deal and you can be slightly off, but for cars like the LC that have a bunch of lower shields and coverings you don't have much wiggle room for where the blocks can be placed. I found that the blocks are the perfect width for the exposed area.

Side note for others: I'd never use the quickjack on anything but the pinch welds (and blocks that have grooves in them).
Old Today, 10:33 AM
legbuh
9th Gear

Originally Posted by IcyBishop
Yeah, huge difference. The pinch weld points are very specific on some cars (definitely the LC), and the standard platform wont allow the blocks to reach them.
For vehicles that have the exposed pinch rail the whole length of the car it's probably not a big deal and you can be slightly off, but for cars like the LC that have a bunch of lower shields and coverings you don't have much wiggle room for where the blocks can be placed. I found that the blocks are the perfect width for the exposed area.

Side note for others: I'd never use the quickjack on anything but the pinch welds (and blocks that have grooves in them).
Thanks for the info. Just ordered the extensions. I guess I could use them for my stinger as well.