LC Model (2018-present)

2025 Convertible Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-24 | 08:21 AM
Vertdafert
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LC500SD
Some things…you just gotta do yourself. ;-)

1. How much did you end up paying for just the parts?
2. Regardless of whether this next question influenced your decision or not, does installing this affect the warranty in any way? I would assume Lexus would need to do it to keep the warranty but didn't know if they (Lexus) consider this a modification which may void the warranty.
Old 10-06-24 | 12:22 PM
LC500SD
Rookie

Originally Posted by Vertdafert
1. How much did you end up paying for just the parts?
2. Regardless of whether this next question influenced your decision or not, does installing this affect the warranty in any way? I would assume Lexus would need to do it to keep the warranty but didn't know if they (Lexus) consider this a modification which may void the warranty.
$971 total shipped for everything. Doing the install myself so I’m assuming the warranty will be 100% voided on the transmission. I’m not worried about that though. I thought about Lexus doing the install but I can’t stand them touching my cars. Plus, like you said, I bet Lexus considers it a mod either way.
Old 10-06-24 | 12:54 PM
BoreRoverGuy
Pit Crew

$971 total shipped for everything. Doing the install myself so I’m assuming the warranty will be 100% voided on the transmission. I’m not worried about that though. I thought about Lexus doing the install but I can’t stand them touching my cars. Plus, like you said, I bet Lexus considers it a mod either way.
Even if the dealer did it, there’s no way that Lexus Corporate wouldn’t give you a hard time on a warranty claim if the tranny goes. Related or not. Everyone will echo the same argument that “they have to prove that the modification caused the issue”, and while that’s a factual statement, how much downtime and legal fees are you willing to deal with after you get the inevitable “no,” even after your attorney sends the first demand letter? I can also promise you that no dealer will tell you that the warranty is still good as long as they do the work, and I’d wager some dealers wouldn’t even do the job, as the few hours of labor they get paid for aren’t worth getting involved in a dispute should you have a problem.

Some mods, even when all logic says they’re better for the health of the car, just come with the understanding that the warranty on that component is effectively gone, and if your engine blows they may try to use the mod as an out, too. (Though with a blown engine you’d be willing to pay your attorney a lot more to get things right.)
Old 10-06-24 | 01:06 PM
LC500SD
Rookie

Originally Posted by BoreRoverGuy
Even if the dealer did it, there’s no way that Lexus Corporate wouldn’t give you a hard time on a warranty claim if the tranny goes. Related or not. Everyone will echo the same argument that “they have to prove that the modification caused the issue”, and while that’s a factual statement, how much downtime and legal fees are you willing to deal with after you get the inevitable “no,” even after your attorney sends the first demand letter? I can also promise you that no dealer will tell you that the warranty is still good as long as they do the work, and I’d wager some dealers wouldn’t even do the job, as the few hours of labor they get paid for aren’t worth getting involved in a dispute should you have a problem.

Some mods, even when all logic says they’re better for the health of the car, just come with the understanding that the warranty on that component is effectively gone, and if your engine blows they may try to use the mod as an out, too. (Though with a blown engine you’d be willing to pay your attorney a lot more to get things right.)
So, for hopefully for 2025 they’ll make it a factory option later in the year those that wanna push their cars a bit harder in Sport S+. Those folks get to keep their warranty then.

Me, I’ve been voiding warranties on very expensive cars for a long long time and I don’t really trip on it. I’ve always accepted the risk and never even thought about the whole “Magnuson-Moss” defense/controversy. It’s not worth the time.

My only unsolved mystery regarding future LCs is why would they put all these parts into the North American dealer systems if they don’t plan to implement them into the 25s at some point. Again, ALL speculation.
The following 2 users liked this post by LC500SD:
BoreRoverGuy (10-06-24), StuM (10-06-24)
Old 10-06-24 | 02:04 PM
BoreRoverGuy
Pit Crew

Me, I’ve been voiding warranties on very expensive cars for a long long time and I don’t really trip on it. I’ve always accepted the risk and never even thought about the whole “Magnuson-Moss” defense/controversy. It’s not worth the time.
My first big dollar gamble was on a 911 Turbo ECU flash. The software was only a few grand, but that engine and turbos were probably over $60K if ordered to replace blown parts… twenty years ago. I remember guys blowing up turbocharged Audi engines in the ‘90s, so I’m still sure to research any warranty killing mods before installing them.
Old 10-06-24 | 03:45 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Do you have a parts list❓

Lou
Old 10-07-24 | 07:50 AM
Badhobz
Instructor

im glad to see the LC limp into 2025 but im telling ya, dem days are numbered. get one while the getting is still good...

2024 apparently they only moved like 1200 units in the USA and a few hundred in canada. Europe already killed the LC so its really the swan song here
Old 10-07-24 | 08:24 PM
LC500SD
Rookie

Originally Posted by flowrider
Do you have a parts list❓

Lou
Not yet, but will after this Saturday when the install is complete. I’ll be documenting the whole thing. I’m waiting til I see what parts are necessary and what isn’t. It’s a lot of parts.
The following users liked this post:
flowrider (10-08-24)
Old 10-08-24 | 11:44 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Second question - How did you compile the parts list❓

Lou
Old Yesterday | 05:23 AM
AutoCrazy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by np20412
Yup they've updated it to remove. When the link was first posted the "images" section did not have the red LC you see there, instead it had a polar satin white with the file titled "2025 Inspiration Series"

Clearly a goof by whoever published it out.
FYI I have been informed by a reliable Lexus source that there will not be an Inspiration Series for 2025.

Any one heard differently?
Old Yesterday | 11:42 AM
BoreRoverGuy
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by AutoCrazy
FYI I have been informed by a reliable Lexus source that there will not be an Inspiration Series for 2025.

Any one heard differently?
I’d reeeeeaaaaallllly like to know that answer. It was pretty late in the year to announce the regular model, so there’s not too much time to announce the Inspiration. (Which I’d buy sight unseen if someone tells me the paint color and finish, first.) I believe someone said a previous year wasn’t announced until January.
Old Yesterday | 12:07 PM
AutoCrazy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BoreRoverGuy
I’d reeeeeaaaaallllly like to know that answer. It was pretty late in the year to announce the regular model, so there’s not too much time to announce the Inspiration. (Which I’d buy sight unseen if someone tells me the paint color and finish, first.) I believe someone said a previous year wasn’t announced until January.
I’ve had a refundable deposit for a ‘25 Inspiration with my dealership so I too wanted to know if it was a “Go”.
The deposit is still there just in case something is announced 1st quarter of ‘25 - my decision, not because the dealership is suggesting the news could change - or if another “special” model is announced.
BoreRoverGuy (Today)
Old Today | 08:50 AM
BoreRoverGuy
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by AutoCrazy
I’ve had a refundable deposit for a ‘25 Inspiration with my dealership so I too wanted to know if it was a “Go”.
The deposit is still there just in case something is announced 1st quarter of ‘25 - my decision, not because the dealership is suggesting the news could change - or if another “special” model is announced.
That’s not a bad idea. It may even make sense to do at more than one dealership, especially if this winds up being the final year, as it wouldn’t be unheard of for the owner or GM of the store to say “I want that car” and buy it regardless of any non-binding reservations, even if they only get allocated one. I’ve seen that happen. I also know a guy who jumped a Ferrari waiting list by just buying two. Ferrari runs a tight ship on their sales, so that one surprised me.
AutoCrazy (Today)