LCF confirmed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-17, 10:39 AM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by sedition
You're in the wrong place.
I have an ISF, and this is a ISF section, so technically I am not.
Old 02-28-17, 11:34 AM
MpKSonic
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mk416
Eh, leave the high-end performance to the European brands.
YEAH! Screw the GTR's, the CTS-V/ATS-V's, the Z06's, ZL1's, NSX's, Ford GT's and Dodge Vipers! What are these car manufacturers even thinking?!
Old 02-28-17, 05:07 PM
kiryu
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
I read that article and this is what stood out to me, Anybody want to pony up possibly $180k for the LCF

"While the LC500 will start at $92,995, the LC F could nearly double that figure. Sound expensive? Well, it’s a bargain next to the $350,000 Lexus asked for the LFA."
When I read that I couldnt believe it, who is going to pay 180k for a GT with a lexus badge on it?
Sure the LFA is a limited edition model that will be a collector's item with possible the best sounding exhaust ever so yes go ahead and charge 400k because it's only meant for lexus dealership owners..but this is a mass produced car in the same category as F type SVR, AMG GTS, AM vantage, S class coupe etc....I dont think this thing is worth anything more than 130k, assuming the LC500 starts at 90k ish, as much as I love the design and am excited for lexus to come out with something like this.
Old 03-01-17, 06:46 AM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kiryu
When I read that I couldnt believe it, who is going to pay 180k for a GT with a lexus badge on it?
Sure the LFA is a limited edition model that will be a collector's item with possible the best sounding exhaust ever so yes go ahead and charge 400k because it's only meant for lexus dealership owners..but this is a mass produced car in the same category as F type SVR, AMG GTS, AM vantage, S class coupe etc....I dont think this thing is worth anything more than 130k, assuming the LC500 starts at 90k ish, as much as I love the design and am excited for lexus to come out with something like this.
I would bet in the end they sticker loaded for right around $130k, and actually sell in the high $100-teens. Adding a mass production engine and some visual/handling changes cannot justify doubling the price point. Lexus has had a bit of a rude awakening on the RC-F and GS-F, with the marketplace making the correction for them. The same will be true on the LC and LC-F, once they start to linger on the lots. That being said, I believe Lexus has every right to charge for the LC-F money equal to its German competitors, and I am pretty sure the M6, Aston, and AMG GTS all with similar HP, size and looks easily crest the $130k mark.
Old 03-01-17, 07:03 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LOWFAST
I would bet in the end they sticker loaded for right around $130k, and actually sell in the high $100-teens. Adding a mass production engine and some visual/handling changes cannot justify doubling the price point. Lexus has had a bit of a rude awakening on the RC-F and GS-F, with the marketplace making the correction for them. The same will be true on the LC and LC-F, once they start to linger on the lots. That being said, I believe Lexus has every right to charge for the LC-F money equal to its German competitors, and I am pretty sure the M6, Aston, and AMG GTS all with similar HP, size and looks easily crest the $130k mark.

those cars are at least around 100-130k but if the LCF is 30-50k more its not smart on lexus's end. 180k and you can buy a turbo s or a gt3.
Old 03-01-17, 07:13 AM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kings222
those cars are at least around 100-130k but if the LCF is 30-50k more its not smart on lexus's end. 180k and you can buy a turbo s or a gt3.
Completely agree, this is why I think the pricing speculation by Car and Driver is just flat out wrong.
Old 03-01-17, 07:28 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 263 Likes on 159 Posts

I think of this car as a 650i/M6 competitor. Plenty of M6's on lots selling for $130-140k, why can't an LCF? Same segment as Gran Turismo, F Type SVR, AMG Coupe and AMG GTS class. At the very least this look like a great car in and out with no flaws compared to RCF which is a bit scary and GSF which is great but in an odd segment. Would not say no to any of the cars, but the LC500 and LCF make me want them without any doubts. Hopefully the test drives/reviews don't prove me wrong.
Old 03-01-17, 07:46 AM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the comparisons to a 991 turbo/ gt3 are not what lexus is going for.. If you look at the price point this car is aimed squarely at the powerful grand touring coupes IE; AMG S63 COUPE ($164K)

Its still exciting to hear that we finally will be seeing a biturbo V8 from Lexus
Old 03-01-17, 04:22 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Lexus denies the LC-F. Gets all our hopes up for nothing.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/7962/lexus-denies-rumor-of-new-600-horsepower-lexus-lc-f
Old 03-01-17, 04:43 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

Here is the article in it's entirety:

"Following a report that a new, high-performance F-line model would soon top the recently-released LC coupe model range, a Lexus spokesperson confirmed to The Drive over email that the rumors are unfounded.Sorry, folks.

Car & Driver posted a story online Monday with the headline "Scoop! 600-HP Lexus LC F Coming This Fall" that included details of what the publication claimed would be a future LC F sport coupe. C&D wrote that the yet-to-be-released model would come packed with a twin-turbocharged, 600-horsepower 4.0-liter V-8 engine and Lexus's 10-speed automatic transmission. The report also said that the new car would feature a new sporty body kit that has more aggressive aerodynamic pieces and increased venting, and that it would roll atop a set of 20-inch wheels. According to Lexus, none of that happening.
"We’ve been reading stories about an LC F supposedly debuting in Tokyo as well, and I can tell you that it is not true," the Lexus spokesperson said over email.

So unless this reported LC F is coming to another auto show, it appears that a proper F-model LC coupe is not on the way—at least if Lexus is to be believed.

Excitement over the LC F grew largely thanks to the void left by the Lexus LFA. The previous Japanese supercar was like nothing else the world had seen from Toyota's luxury car brand—loud, fast, unique, exotic, and special. With another large and relatively sporty Lexus coupe now sitting on dealership lots, hopes are high that the new LC coupe could fill the void that the LFA left. A new F-line LC may have been able to succeed with that, but only if it actually gets built."
Old 03-01-17, 05:07 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

I definitely believe it's coming out, but absolutely not this fall. Even announcing it BEFORE the LC500 even hits dealerships would be a bad move.....As MOST that can afford a $100k car can certainly afford a $120-$140k car and would simply wait and grab the LCF, leaving LC500s stranded on lots and being reduced to $75-80k to sale.

V.
Old 03-01-17, 09:49 PM
kiryu
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for 180k (new or slightly used)....991 turbo s, GT3, 570GT, 570S maybe, 458 italia, AMG GTS, F type SVR, S63, M4 GTS, GT4, AM Vanguish, AM V12 Vantage, NSX, nismo GTR, MP4-12C, LP gallardo, LP640, AMG SLS, Bentley GT speed, R8 V10 Plus, R8 GT, Scuderia........
Old 03-03-17, 11:33 AM
mk416
Advanced

Originally Posted by kiryu
for 180k (new or slightly used)....991 turbo s, GT3, 570GT, 570S maybe, 458 italia, AMG GTS, F type SVR, S63, M4 GTS, GT4, AM Vanguish, AM V12 Vantage, NSX, nismo GTR, MP4-12C, LP gallardo, LP640, AMG SLS, Bentley GT speed, R8 V10 Plus, R8 GT, Scuderia........
There you go. So many other choices saturating this niche market already, which makes no sense for Lexus to come out with this not-so-groundbreaking addition to the stable. Reliability is a good selling point...for products not priced 100K+.
Old 03-04-17, 05:48 PM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mk416
There you go. So many other choices saturating this niche market already, which makes no sense for Lexus to come out with this not-so-groundbreaking addition to the stable. Reliability is a good selling point...for products not priced 100K+.
agreed. But...maintenance costs id imagine would be night and day difference between the above super cars. That would be their biggest selling point. I for 1 would never get the LCF unless it was more powered than the so called speculation. I'd prefer a super car from the above list over a Lexus. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-06-17, 01:08 PM
mk416
Advanced

agreed. But...maintenance costs id imagine would be night and day difference between the above super cars. That would be their biggest selling point. I for 1 would never get the LCF unless it was more powered than the so called speculation. I'd prefer a super car from the above list over a Lexus. Just my 2 cents.
Honestly, when you're playing with cars at this level (100K+), maintenance really shouldn't be a big factor in the decision making process. Yes, an oil change should not be as ludicrous as $1000 per oil change for cars at this caliber, but at the same time, you should not be looking at these cars if you cannot afford to do a $300 oil change or $3000 on interval services. To be quite truthfully, my earning bracket does not permit my purchase of ISF if maintenance is a factor, but I did it, anyway. I lose my right to whine when I did that.

With that being said, I'd love to own a real super car one day and a proper beach front property to garage it. Until then...ISF will more than suffice!

Quick Reply: LCF confirmed?