LC Model (2018-present)

Welcome to Club Lexus! LC owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-24 | 04:59 AM
The500
10th Gear

Default New Owner!

Hi all, another owner of a brand new LC500 to add to the roster. White, 2024 LC500 convertible with black and red interior garaged in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Car is a week old now and had the paint sealed and seats treated. Will treat the roof shortly with protectant as well. I'll post pics later but I'm sure you've all seen examples of it from other posters. Very excited about owning one! I did a LOT of research before buying and am truly impressed with the build quality, attention to detail, etc. I looked at a variety of new and used convertibles including the Corvette, SL 63 AMG, GTC, Jaguar, Porsche, a few cabriolets, and more. I really wanted a true GT for cruising and day trips in our newly minted retirement phase and the ability to get golf clubs in the back among other requirements. Delighted to say this is the only car that I can actually get two bags in! God knows there won't actually be any people in those back seats/second trunk (can we make up a name like "brunk" that sounds like frunk in electric cars?). Previously, I had a 1991 Lotus Elan that was a blast as well as being a bit of a project car and this is a HUGE step up. Won't miss the Volvo S60 Polestar that was also sold to make room for this beauty.

Looks like a great owner's forum as well so I'm looking forward to participating, benefitting from everyone's experiences, and hopefully contributing as well.
The following 6 users liked this post by The500:
355F1 (09-11-24), AutoCrazy (09-11-24), np20412 (09-11-24), Petester (09-11-24), TGIF (09-11-24), xwndycty (09-11-24) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-11-24 | 05:35 AM
xwndycty
Driver

Originally Posted by The500
Hi all, another owner of a brand new LC500 to add to the roster. White, 2024 LC500 convertible with black and red interior garaged in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Car is a week old now and had the paint sealed and seats treated. Will treat the roof shortly with protectant as well. I'll post pics later but I'm sure you've all seen examples of it from other posters. Very excited about owning one! I did a LOT of research before buying and am truly impressed with the build quality, attention to detail, etc. I looked at a variety of new and used convertibles including the Corvette, SL 63 AMG, GTC, Jaguar, Porsche, a few cabriolets, and more. I really wanted a true GT for cruising and day trips in our newly minted retirement phase and the ability to get golf clubs in the back among other requirements. Delighted to say this is the only car that I can actually get two bags in! God knows there won't actually be any people in those back seats/second trunk (can we make up a name like "brunk" that sounds like frunk in electric cars?). Previously, I had a 1991 Lotus Elan that was a blast as well as being a bit of a project car and this is a HUGE step up. Won't miss the Volvo S60 Polestar that was also sold to make room for this beauty.

Looks like a great owner's forum as well so I'm looking forward to participating, benefitting from everyone's experiences, and hopefully contributing as well.
Congratulations on your 'newly minted' retirement and welcome to the fantastic world of LC 500 ownership! I've owned my 2023 'vert since January of last year (currently 6K miles) and by far, it's the best car I've ever owned (my particular model is cloudburst gray/toasted caramel/blk top). Drive it in good health and enjoy the ride!
Old 09-11-24 | 06:25 AM
NickL
Racer

Congrats on the white ‘24 LC CV!
Old 09-11-24 | 07:25 AM
AutoCrazy
Intermediate

Welcome and congrats.

I strongly suspect you’ll continue to learn about the car and grow in appreciation and admiration of the engineering, build quality, performance, and beauty of this GT vert.

I know my “love affair” with the car has grown with driving and ownership experience.

And we’re neighbours! I’m in Pickering.

Enjoy the rewards of retirement!

Old 09-11-24 | 07:48 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Congrats and welcome to the group. Fyi a few of us here in the GTA have an LC500 WhatsApp chat and are doing a meet-up in October. Please DM me if you're interested and I can add you. Your account can't receive DMs right now, hence the public post.
The following users liked this post:
AutoCrazy (09-11-24)
Old 09-11-24 | 11:06 AM
The500
10th Gear

Hi mehran888 and AutoCrazy - good to know there's a local group! Definitely interested in participating in that October meet up. Seems you need to be a member here for 30 days with 30 posts before other features are activating. I'm guessing DMing folks is one of those features. Any other ideas about how we can connect?
Old 09-11-24 | 12:06 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Hi mehran888 and AutoCrazy - good to know there's a local group! Definitely interested in participating in that October meet up. Seems you need to be a member here for 30 days with 30 posts before other features are activating. I'm guessing DMing folks is one of those features. Any other ideas about how we can connect?
I just added you as a contact/friend on CL and tried sending you a message. Seemed to go through! Please check your DMs and if you see something there we'll continue the conversation there.
Old 09-12-24 | 06:00 AM
CarolinaGeo
Driver

I'm the proud owner of a new 2024 LC hybrid! Non-bespoke. I've had it for two weeks and it's been a joy! I ordered it back in March, then reordered it in April. The first order was rejected because I requested the 10-spoke wheels. I ended up getting them anyway!
Specs: Ultrasonic Blue Mica, with Caramel interior. Touring Package, which seems to be a lot rarer than the Dynamic Handling Package. 10-spoke wheels. Michelin tires. Head-up display. Illuminated door sills. I had the front end PPFed.
It's a head-turner, that's for sure!

The following 12 users liked this post by CarolinaGeo:
2959 (09-13-24), 355F1 (09-12-24), AutoCrazy (09-12-24), BlueIS05 (09-12-24), BruceinFla (09-13-24), Dukeaudio (09-12-24), KiwiGreg (09-12-24), mehran888 (09-16-24), NickL (09-13-24), np20412 (09-13-24), Petester (09-12-24), TGIF (09-13-24) and 7 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-13-24 | 05:18 AM
NickL
Racer

Sweet ride. Love the blue and those wheels. My dealer said he can get those wheels but it costs $2700 each. 😂
CarolinaGeo (09-13-24)
Old 09-13-24 | 05:34 AM
BlueIS05
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by NickL
Sweet ride. Love the blue and those wheels. My dealer said he can get those wheels but it costs $2700 each. 😂
Wow, $2700 each?! Damn...
Old 09-13-24 | 05:47 AM
NickL
Racer

Originally Posted by BlueIS05
Wow, $2700 each?! Damn...
Yup. And the bespoke matte wheels are $5200 each.
I guess if I messed up one of my wheels, it’s after market time.
Old 09-13-24 | 06:07 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Yup. And the bespoke matte wheels are $5200 each.
I guess if I messed up one of my wheels, it’s after market time.
Either that or pay the best wheel repair shop in your area whatever they want to fix it
Old 09-13-24 | 06:09 AM
NickL
Racer

Originally Posted by np20412
Either that or pay the best wheel repair shop in your area whatever they want to fix it
The matte finish would be an issue. Would have to go with gloss finish.
Old 09-13-24 | 06:10 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

The matte finish would be an issue. Would have to go with gloss finish.
Fixing one wheel and refinishing all the wheels in a new matte powder coat (I'd go with satin powder coat actually) so they all match would still be cheaper than 5200 😂
Old 09-13-24 | 06:26 AM
NickL
Racer

Or just don’t mess up the wheels!
np20412 (09-13-24)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! LC owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!