LC Model (2018-present)

C&D Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-17, 03:10 PM
missedapex
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree, and after owning the LC (performance package) for about a month now. I will say that it is slow and somewhat painful at lower RPMs. At this point Im hard pressed to see how this car will be able to achieve anything close to the 4.4 sec that Lexus states. It seems to be closer to being just north of 5.0 sec.

I still enjoy driving the car and it is so much more than just its numbers, but a bit more low end oomph would be nice.
Old 08-15-17, 03:27 PM
Magellan55

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

With 10 gears, they can probably fix the lack of low end thrust with a different diff. Wouldn't be surprised to see a gearing change for the next model year.
Old 08-15-17, 05:25 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hybrid is whole second slower in real life conditions than what Lexus claims
Old 08-15-17, 08:26 PM
Hoppean
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Never had the chance to test the hybrid but I haven’t gotten the impression that horse power is a problem with the V8 (see a few other cars from its class for comparison below). The LC is not a high performance athlete. It’s a pleaser, made to make you feel good while driving it and it does that very successfully. It’s a big, futuristic and elegant looking coupe with an angry V8 that just feels bossy and sleek. You don’t even feel the urge to hurry while driving it but when needed, you can floor it and it will be more than sufficiently performant for any situation (as seen in the LC 500 vs Aston Martin video on youtube). If you want to excel on the race track, get a proper track car.
Spoiler

Last edited by Hoppean; 08-15-17 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-16-17, 06:48 AM
TLC500
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Red LC

Originally Posted by Hoppean
Never had the chance to test the hybrid but I haven’t gotten the impression that horse power is a problem with the V8 (see a few other cars from its class for comparison below). The LC is not a high performance athlete. It’s a pleaser, made to make you feel good while driving it and it does that very successfully. It’s a big, futuristic and elegant looking coupe with an angry V8 that just feels bossy and sleek. You don’t even feel the urge to hurry while driving it but when needed, you can floor it and it will be more than sufficiently performant for any situation (as seen in the LC 500 vs Aston Martin video on youtube). If you want to excel on the race track, get a proper track car.
Spoiler

This, the car is awesome looking and beautiful inside and out. I get people giving me thumbs up every day. Then there are the other idiots in corvettes, Camaros etc that what to race off the light. IM very happy with mine and will hold onto this car for while. I'm not on a race track and don't need to show everyone who has the bigger *****..

Last edited by TLC500; 08-16-17 at 06:49 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-16-17, 03:45 PM
Magellan55

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
Hybrid is whole second slower in real life conditions than what Lexus claims
They are both ~0.5s slower 0-60 than Lexus claims, according to MT. 4.8s for the V8 and 5.3s for the hybrid. The hybrid actually stays pretty close to the V8 until 50 mph, then the V8 pulls away.
Old 08-16-17, 05:34 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Magellan55
They are both ~0.5s slower 0-60 than Lexus claims, according to MT. 4.8s for the V8 and 5.3s for the hybrid. The hybrid actually stays pretty close to the V8 until 50 mph, then the V8 pulls away.
There are some individual test done somewhere in eastern Europe and they did 5.8 but it could be due to Euro gearing. European Lexus hybrids were always geared for slower acceleration than US specs for some reason. For example LS600h and GS450h never did better than 6.5s in any of the mainstream magazines and road tests. So yeah technically LCh is a full second faster than GSh setup. But it gets even weirder with 200t engine which returns exact same acceleration numbers for IS, RC and GS while in RX its as fast as RX450h
Old 08-17-17, 08:12 AM
webra
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
There are some individual test done somewhere in eastern Europe and they did 5.8 but it could be due to Euro gearing. European Lexus hybrids were always geared for slower acceleration than US specs for some reason. For example LS600h and GS450h never did better than 6.5s in any of the mainstream magazines and road tests. So yeah technically LCh is a full second faster than GSh setup. But it gets even weirder with 200t engine which returns exact same acceleration numbers for IS, RC and GS while in RX its as fast as RX450h
Maybe that's why in some publicity/comparison videos they pit an RCF, GSF and LC with each other? All other cars from rival makes in the same class will be faster. And even some from other classes, such as the Golf R and the 240i.

Lexus's seem to be 1-2 secs behind rivals consistently in performance. My experience is if one drives them in isolation one could enjoy without distraction all the Lexus attributes. But performance drives in convoy with others might begin to frustrate. Sacrificing reliability for power is a bad compromise. But the other way around is also a compromise.

Surely they are not that far behind in knowhow? If it's to be believed, the new Supra will have a BMW drivetrain.
Old 09-07-17, 02:55 AM
Hoppean
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Old 09-08-17, 03:26 PM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

0.6 second faster than ISF 6 years later.

Ok Lexus.
Old 09-08-17, 09:06 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by mk416
0.6 second faster than ISF 6 years later.

Ok Lexus.
Sad when people don't put things into context. RCF is not necessarily faster than but on par/competitive with the m4.

LC is made to cruise, not to race. Its amazing what they've been able to achieve with a Luxury GT.
Old 09-09-17, 02:51 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not a sports car. That's what people need to understand.
Old 09-11-17, 08:40 AM
mk416
Advanced

Originally Posted by G Star
Sad when people don't put things into context. RCF is not necessarily faster than but on par/competitive with the m4.

LC is made to cruise, not to race. Its amazing what they've been able to achieve with a Luxury GT.
I said ISF, unless they had RCF in 2011.
Old 09-11-17, 08:42 AM
mk416
Advanced

Originally Posted by TF109B
It's not a sports car. That's what people need to understand.
Right, but by all means let's use the same engine from other models and slap extra 20K on the price tag. That is something I'm more upset about than how it performed on the track.
Old 09-11-17, 05:31 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by mk416
Right, but by all means let's use the same engine from other models and slap extra 20K on the price tag. That is something I'm more upset about than how it performed on the track.
I'm guessing you've never sat in one, let alone own one. You'd see where that $20K delta went.

Quick Reply: C&D Numbers