LC Model (2018-present)

C&D Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-17, 07:35 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by mk416
Right, but by all means let's use the same engine from other models and slap extra 20K on the price tag. That is something I'm more upset about than how it performed on the track.
dont look at the C63S and AMG GTS then. RCF and LC500 are very different
Old 09-14-17, 08:51 AM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
dont look at the C63S and AMG GTS then. RCF and LC500 are very different
Not convinced. Aside from a 10-speed (why?) and slight bump (barely discernible) in power, the real distinctive difference is exterior and interior. Same analog clock, same weird infotainment interface (and you can't even change radio station while driving), same headlight bezel except the LED strip, and same spindle grille layout on the front. Slap the non-functional side "vent" fender pieces on and you have the GSF/RCF front end. Is this where all the 20K went? Also, 2+2 for the sake of insurance because the seats are utterly useless for anyone 6' tall. Don't even get me started on the center console - locked unless you slide it open for what appears to be "contemporary design" of cup holders. Passenger has three AC vents and driver has one + the one in the middle, what's the philosophy behind this?

Yeah, I've never sat in one. Clearly what I've said so far are plain conjectures.
Old 09-14-17, 11:25 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Not convinced. Aside from a 10-speed (why?) and slight bump (barely discernible) in power, the real distinctive difference is exterior and interior. Same analog clock, same weird infotainment interface (and you can't even change radio station while driving), same headlight bezel except the LED strip, and same spindle grille layout on the front. Slap the non-functional side "vent" fender pieces on and you have the GSF/RCF front end. Is this where all the 20K went? Also, 2+2 for the sake of insurance because the seats are utterly useless for anyone 6' tall. Don't even get me started on the center console - locked unless you slide it open for what appears to be "contemporary design" of cup holders. Passenger has three AC vents and driver has one + the one in the middle, what's the philosophy behind this?

Yeah, I've never sat in one. Clearly what I've said so far are plain conjectures.
you really should sit in one before regurgitating what you've read. Fake news. Most of your claims are ill informed and just plain wrong. Absolutely you can change radio stations while driving. I'll spare you the embarrassment of refuting your other "claims". LOL. Maybe a minivan would better suit your utilitarian needs. Lots of cup holders, vents and storage nooks.

Last edited by TimboIS; 09-14-17 at 11:28 PM.
Old 09-15-17, 05:27 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

You must have just watched Doug's video and pulled the few negatives from it, lol. Everything you described came strat from his review. And btw, who cares if the passengers side has 3 ac/heat vents?!?! Lmao! Not a reason to down a car, lol.

V.

Last edited by Vitveet; 09-16-17 at 04:07 AM.
Old 09-15-17, 06:02 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
Sad when people don't put things into context. RCF is not necessarily faster than but on par/competitive with the m4.

LC is made to cruise, not to race. Its amazing what they've been able to achieve with a Luxury GT.
RCF actually is not very competitive or on par with the M4. Recent test by Sport Auto Group at Hockenhiem had the M4 in 1:11s and the RCF in the 1:15s. That's a huge difference on a short track. 0-100 was 4.5 v. 5.2 (M4 has no traction 0-30) and a 3.3 second difference to 200 km/h. The RCF was a decent cruiser, but the difference between my F80 and my RCF is night and day performance wise.
Old 09-18-17, 03:48 AM
webra
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
RCF actually is not very competitive or on par with the M4. Recent test by Sport Auto Group at Hockenhiem had the M4 in 1:11s and the RCF in the 1:15s. That's a huge difference on a short track. 0-100 was 4.5 v. 5.2 (M4 has no traction 0-30) and a 3.3 second difference to 200 km/h. The RCF was a decent cruiser, but the difference between my F80 and my RCF is night and day performance wise.
Just to add, actually the RCF is barely comparable with the 340i/440i in acceleration. The GS200t is also behind the 530i by about 1 second. And a few of the faster hot hatches are faster to 100 than the LC500, by around half a second or so.