LC Model (2018-present)

Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-17, 12:17 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

sounds like the LC is suffering from the same dust and squeal issue the RCF has..

Track pads on street car = ugly dust and noise, and frankly low life.

best thing I did for the RCF was get the TSB done for the street pads, no noise, very little dust, 24K miles so far and not even at 30% wear, and no noticeable difference in braking for street driving. .. the original pads were nearly toast by 5K miles and the dust and noise was just horrible.
Old 07-14-17, 12:25 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by fauxphotog
I can try to make their lives difficult, and press them to buy the car back, but I really doubt they would go for it. I don't think it qualifies as a lemon either over "brakes". I'll wait and see what Lexus NA has to say, and go from there. If they can assist me with it great, if not... as much as I love the car, the way it sounds, it looks, interior, tech, just isn't worth the price if you can't even pull up to dinner without making brake noise. it over powers the exhaust note.
CA lemon laws are very consumer friendly, if you have the same complaint multiple times and the dealer can't or won't fix it, CA law allows for buy back of the vehicle as long as it falls within the original factory warranty when the issues started. Lemon Law in CA doesn't require any specific part to fail for qualification can be a safety related issue or a comfort related issue, only requirements are that specific criteria met, i.e. car was brought in in service more than XX number of times or spent XX number of hours at dealer for same issue, etc.. best to look up the regulations yourself.

I had GM buy back 2 vehicles since 2010, 2010 Avalanche for an issue where the electronics would shut down while driving (radio, hvac, etc) didn't affect the performance or safety of the vehicle, only the infotainment and comfort systems, the second was my 2012 Convertible Camaro, for top rubbing and tearing issues, 4 tops in 3 years and 36,000 miles, lemon law bought the vehicle back @ 37,000 miles and 39 months after purchase (process was started before the end of the 3/36 warranty) and I received 100% reimbursement for the vehicle.

Last edited by mjeds; 07-14-17 at 05:52 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mjeds:
fauxphotog (07-14-17), Mike_1GO (11-22-17)
Old 07-14-17, 05:48 PM
fauxphotog
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for all the info bud! Much appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
mjeds (07-14-17)
Old 08-26-17, 06:24 PM
RichKeagy
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm really not a car guy. I own an LC 500 and love driving it.
And I can read. Did you read about the car before you bought it?
Did you drive hard like that when you test drove the car? What did the Lexus guy say about your driving style?
It is not a 'sports car'. It is a luxury coupe. It has comfort and style, then speed.
FauxPhotog, buddy, you bought the wrong car... for you.
Put the car in the garage for 10 years. You'll enjoy it much better when you're older.
Old 09-03-17, 09:02 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts

These are certainly not cheap, but they would make for a sweet upgrade (drool)...
https://www.racetechnologies.com/pro...?vehicle=10489
Old 09-04-17, 10:38 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by RichKeagy
I'm really not a car guy. I own an LC 500 and love driving it.
And I can read. Did you read about the car before you bought it?
Did you drive hard like that when you test drove the car? What did the Lexus guy say about your driving style?
It is not a 'sports car'. It is a luxury coupe. It has comfort and style, then speed.
FauxPhotog, buddy, you bought the wrong car... for you.
Put the car in the garage for 10 years. You'll enjoy it much better when you're older.
Not sure if you can read yourself... Did you even bother to read the OPs comments? He mentions he does normal LA city driving with a push here and there. What are you supposed to do, baby a LC500 and drive it in ECO at all times? As for "comfort and style", do YOU find comfort in hearing brakes squeal?
Chill out newb and let him ask other LC owners who can offer him some valuable solutions and opinions, unlike yourself.
The following 2 users liked this post by premier3IS:
fauxphotog (09-14-17), ZC94 (05-06-19)
Old 09-05-17, 04:15 AM
Magellan55

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Please keep discussions about the cars, and not directed at each other please...
fauxphotog (09-14-17)
Old 09-09-17, 07:33 PM
R6chick77
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brakes!!!

Hello! Also new to the forum and having the same issues with the brakes on my LC. Have taken it in three times. Have had the car since July and definitely not happy about their explanation. "These high performance cars tend to have brake issues." Lol. Really? That's the best they could come up with? I have had high performance sports cars and have driven them hard...never had these issues. Lexus informed me that I should "wait it out to see if a fix comes along." I am glad I'm not the only person having these issues. At least I know I'm not going crazy.
fauxphotog (09-14-17)
Old 09-13-17, 09:23 AM
jwgorrie
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Does anyone know of the brakes are brembo manufactured like the RCF / GSF and ISF? They look very similar in design with regards to callipers etc.?
Old 09-14-17, 12:13 AM
fauxphotog
Driver School Candidate

I am still having these issues. I feel your pain, honestly its very frustrating that a car like this is suffering from this type of issues. The last time I took it, which was about a month ago, they took the brakes apart if I'm not mistaken, and gave me the car back. It was fine for a few weeks, but the problem has returned in a much worse way. I am hoping to speak to the GM of the dealership this coming week, to see if we can come up with a solution. If not gonna have to just eat up the negative (if I can't seem to lemon it), and trade the car in for something else. My LC only has 4k miles currently. I've had it since it first released.
Old 09-14-17, 12:15 AM
fauxphotog
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for that bro! Much appreciated. I honestly didn't want to respond to his condescending response. This forum is specifically made for these type of things. I have an issue with a new car, and hoping that I can find a solution, not criticism. Thank you!
Old 09-14-17, 10:14 AM
R6chick77
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fauxphotog
I am still having these issues. I feel your pain, honestly its very frustrating that a car like this is suffering from this type of issues. The last time I took it, which was about a month ago, they took the brakes apart if I'm not mistaken, and gave me the car back. It was fine for a few weeks, but the problem has returned in a much worse way. I am hoping to speak to the GM of the dealership this coming week, to see if we can come up with a solution. If not gonna have to just eat up the negative (if I can't seem to lemon it), and trade the car in for something else. My LC only has 4k miles currently. I've had it since it first released.

Lexus has a field tech coming to look at it today and pull the black box out of it to see how I drive it. In the meantime, I am collecting as much information as well as comments on this thread just in case I need to go the legal route. Thank you for posting the information. I will update after they complete their inspection. FYI, Lexus of El Cajon, CA...worst customer service.
Old 09-14-17, 02:45 PM
fauxphotog
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by R6chick77
Lexus has a field tech coming to look at it today and pull the black box out of it to see how I drive it. In the meantime, I am collecting as much information as well as comments on this thread just in case I need to go the legal route. Thank you for posting the information. I will update after they complete their inspection. FYI, Lexus of El Cajon, CA...worst customer service.

I hope that you find a resolution, please keep us updated if something happens. Thanks for your feedback!! I think most Lexus Service Department suck. LOL both places I took the car to, were pretty horrible.
Old 09-14-17, 11:32 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

IF it's a legitimate issue I'm sure Lexus will correct it. Otherwise... "you're driving it wrong".
Old 09-15-17, 06:21 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Lol, send a tech to see how you drive it??? Are you speed racer incognito?

The fact that Lexus would send someone out to check driving patterns in lieu of addressing what seems to be a fairly obvious problem could even be more comical than offensive. This should not be happening no matter how you drive the car if a proper system was on the car. I change cars super frequently, drive a lot of different cars on the tracks and have never seen such issues. Should not happen except on lower end cars using cheap or underspeced systems.

Last edited by DougHII; 09-15-17 at 07:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Brakes