LC Model (2018-present)

Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-17, 04:28 AM
Magellan55

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by fauxphotog
Why should I have to do ANY sort of work? Why is it that I need to go and change these pads, to accommodate Lexus? Are they paying me or am I paying them? At the end of the day, im a customer, if im not happy with the way the car is performing LEXUS should be able to fix these problems, and PAY for them. I shouldn't have to go out of my way, to fix something that should really be working properly. But everyone is different, I understand this. If you find this silly, then so be it. Im not here to impress you or anyone else. I am simply sharing my experience, and hope that anyone considering an LC 500, really takes these issues into consideration. I am not the only one on this forum with an LC 500 that is having brake issues. This isn't the most expensive car I own, or the highest performing vehicle I own, these issues aren't normal, and as a customer, LEXUS should be able to get something as stupid as brakes handled.
You shouldn't have to do any work, or pay to fix it. Yes Lexus should remedy this for you for free, and in the past they bent over pretty far to accommodate customers. So bad on Lexus in this case. I think Flowrider was just pointing out that if you step back, and remove the emotion from the situation, you're giving up $20K in depreciation to avoid spending $500 to remedy the situation. And trading over to vehicles that will likely be even more troublesome. Just seems that you're letting emotions get the best of you, and fellow CL members are trying to help you by pointing it out.
The following 3 users liked this post by Magellan55:
LucyJr (12-04-17), uchujin (12-04-17), VVTiBob (12-15-17)
Old 12-04-17, 07:20 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Magellan55
You shouldn't have to do any work, or pay to fix it. Yes Lexus should remedy this for you for free, and in the past they bent over pretty far to accommodate customers. So bad on Lexus in this case. I think Flowrider was just pointing out that if you step back, and remove the emotion from the situation, you're giving up $20K in depreciation to avoid spending $500 to remedy the situation. And trading over to vehicles that will likely be even more troublesome. Just seems that you're letting emotions get the best of you, and fellow CL members are trying to help you by pointing it out.
True to all of that^^^.
Maybe even try to get Lexus to pay for the new pads from speedfreaks? Or at a minimum, install them free of charge.
Of course, all this is if your really like the car and don't have any other gripes about it.

V.
Old 12-04-17, 09:35 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Truth is, it’s easier to sit behind a keyboard and complain than do anything about it. I’m guessing attitude goes along way with the direction the issue has taken.
Old 12-05-17, 03:15 PM
fauxphotog
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Truth is, it’s easier to sit behind a keyboard and complain than do anything about it. I’m guessing attitude goes along way with the direction the issue has taken.
It sure is :-) Let's hope your LC doesn't have these kind of issues. The experience has been very annoying, and im sure for those that are currently experiencing these problems, aren't too happy about it. Once again, if youre considering this car, just be cautious, and be aware of these things.
Old 12-08-17, 08:35 AM
Caflashbob
Instructor

Received 190 Likes on 149 Posts
Default Brake dust

“Foreign” cars have to use non asbestos dust producing pads I think. American car companies got congress to have the competitors have dusty wheels. Old Mercedes?

call the figs guy
Old 12-08-17, 08:07 PM
dhauben1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrated and Pissed off!

I also just bought a new LC 500 and have an issue with squeaky brakes. It started at about 3200 miles. Lexus of Newport Beach, CA gave me some bull**** story about driving hard and high performance brakes
"do make noise". They referred me to the website for Lexus under LC 500 performance saying how they make noise and squeal. Gave me a print out and basically said good luck and FU! I could not believe this was coming from Lexus. I was standing in their dealership and they told me to call Lexus! This is my 3rd Lexus. The 400 coupe, the sc430 convertible and now the LC 500. Over 20+ years driving a Lexus.

I bought the car and about a month later took it to get it washed at the dealership. I did not want anyone else touching my new car. After the wash the valet guy tells me that I should request the car be hand washed and not run it through the machine with "Bristles". I could not believe it. How else would you wash a $100,000.00+ car? He showed me how the car now had spider web scratches. I took it home and took a closer look. The entire car was scratched. I called the dealership and they said to bring it back in and they would take care of it. "Should buff right out". When I got the car back, it looked great. Only problem was that about a month later I saw all the scratches again. I was at a parking lot late at night. I had just come out of the store and was walking towards my car when I noticed all the scratches. They were like spider webs. Car was parked under the parking lot lights and they were very visible. I had the car washed by hand at least twice since I had taken it in to get it buffed out. I had been using the same car place for 12+ years with no problems on my BLACK sc430. Dealership tells me this common in dark cars. I have the mica Blue. Took it back in and they detailed it again. A month later had the same problem. Now I am very frustrated and they tell me they will take extra care of the car this time. It has now been almost a month and I have not washed the car. It is very dirty and I can see the spider webs ( barley because of the dirt). About a few weeks after I complained about the car wash they closed down the car wash for about 3 weeks to "Upgrade" it. What a freaking coincidence!. I will be taking the car there tomorrow to have it washed with extra care per the CS person. He has been very understanding but I don't get results! I have a brand new $100K+ car that I can't look at in the sun or under the correct lighting at night and every time I bring the car to a stop it makes noise. I don't know what to do. They washed their hands as far as the breaks and tell me that it was most likely my car place that scratched it. They also told me in an e-mail that I was "Demanding"
I don't know what to do. Any advise?
Thank you.
Dan

s
Old 12-09-17, 02:14 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I don't know, isn't it reasonable to have the expectation that when something is free that it likely won't be extremely high quality product or service? How else does it make sense to be free?

You bought a Lexus, not a Rolls Royce.

On the surface, it seems good enough that your car is washed for free as you sit in a nice dealership lobby like Newport Lexus but free hand wash? I think maybe your expectations are too high. I wouldn't expect any more or less from an equal competitor like Benz or BMW.
Old 12-09-17, 10:00 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by dhauben1
I also just bought a new LC 500 and have an issue with squeaky brakes. It started at about 3200 miles. Lexus of Newport Beach, CA gave me some bull**** story about driving hard and high performance brakes
"do make noise". They referred me to the website for Lexus under LC 500 performance saying how they make noise and squeal. Gave me a print out and basically said good luck and FU! I could not believe this was coming from Lexus. I was standing in their dealership and they told me to call Lexus! This is my 3rd Lexus. The 400 coupe, the sc430 convertible and now the LC 500. Over 20+ years driving a Lexus.

I bought the car and about a month later took it to get it washed at the dealership. I did not want anyone else touching my new car. After the wash the valet guy tells me that I should request the car be hand washed and not run it through the machine with "Bristles". I could not believe it. How else would you wash a $100,000.00+ car? He showed me how the car now had spider web scratches. I took it home and took a closer look. The entire car was scratched. I called the dealership and they said to bring it back in and they would take care of it. "Should buff right out". When I got the car back, it looked great. Only problem was that about a month later I saw all the scratches again. I was at a parking lot late at night. I had just come out of the store and was walking towards my car when I noticed all the scratches. They were like spider webs. Car was parked under the parking lot lights and they were very visible. I had the car washed by hand at least twice since I had taken it in to get it buffed out. I had been using the same car place for 12+ years with no problems on my BLACK sc430. Dealership tells me this common in dark cars. I have the mica Blue. Took it back in and they detailed it again. A month later had the same problem. Now I am very frustrated and they tell me they will take extra care of the car this time. It has now been almost a month and I have not washed the car. It is very dirty and I can see the spider webs ( barley because of the dirt). About a few weeks after I complained about the car wash they closed down the car wash for about 3 weeks to "Upgrade" it. What a freaking coincidence!. I will be taking the car there tomorrow to have it washed with extra care per the CS person. He has been very understanding but I don't get results! I have a brand new $100K+ car that I can't look at in the sun or under the correct lighting at night and every time I bring the car to a stop it makes noise. I don't know what to do. They washed their hands as far as the breaks and tell me that it was most likely my car place that scratched it. They also told me in an e-mail that I was "Demanding"
I don't know what to do. Any advise?
Thank you.
Dan

s
When I take my vehicles to the dealer, I have them put a no wash sign in large letters on the dash. I never have the dealer wash my vehicles, I do it myself!
The following 3 users liked this post by Craig B:
AirForce8 (11-14-20), eman88 (07-16-20), VVTiBob (12-15-17)
Old 12-09-17, 11:59 AM
visualguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
When I take my vehicles to the dealer, I have them put a no wash sign in large letters on the dash. I never have the dealer wash my vehicles, I do it myself!
+1

Never let anyone (including the dealer) wash your car unless they are a trusted high-end detailing shop. Learn how to do it right, and do it yourself.

Dealers damage cars all the time. Not just while washing them; they damage them during service as well. It's very frustrating, and there isn't much you can do about service damage because you need to service the car somewhere. One way to deal with this is leasing instead of buying - you simply care less in that case, and it matters less. However, leasing is very expensive in the long run. Another way is to buy only relatively inexpensive cars, and train yourself not to care. Owning a six-figure car adds a lot of anxiety to your life, unfortunately, and it has always made the proposition questionable in my mind - more worry, frustration and anxiety than actual enjoyment. I've never really found a good way to deal with that aspect of it.
The following 2 users liked this post by visualguy:
AirForce8 (11-14-20), eman88 (07-16-20)
Old 12-09-17, 12:08 PM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts
Unhappy

I've experienced this myself...Hence, I service 100% of our family automobiles myself...

Basic rules applies...Those dealerships are in the business of making Money; To include those Auto Mechanics/Technicians that services those cars as well...

Originally Posted by visualguy
+1

Never let anyone (including the dealer) wash your car unless they are a trusted high-end detailing shop. Learn how to do it right, and do it yourself.

Dealers damage cars all the time. Not just while washing them; they damage them during service as well. It's very frustrating, and there isn't much you can do about service damage because you need to service the car somewhere. One way to deal with this is leasing instead of buying - you simply care less in that case, and it matters less. However, leasing is very expensive in the long run. Another way is to buy only relatively inexpensive cars, and train yourself not to care. Owning a six-figure car adds a lot of anxiety to your life, unfortunately, and it has always made the proposition questionable in my mind - more worry, frustration and anxiety than actual enjoyment. I've never really found a good way to deal with that aspect of it.
Old 12-09-17, 12:39 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

I let the dealers wash all my cars, they are just cars after all. Can’t let the car OWN you.
Old 12-09-17, 01:02 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,900 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Originally Posted by dhauben1
You need to find a detailer who knows how to do "paint correction"

Lou
The following 2 users liked this post by flowrider:
AirForce8 (11-14-20), eman88 (07-16-20)
Old 12-09-17, 01:19 PM
visualguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
You need to find a detailer who knows how to do "paint correction"

Lou
No point unless he starts washing the car himself or at a detailer after the "paint correction". Otherwise, it will just happen again, and the paint correction can be performed only so many times before the clear coat becomes too thin.
The following users liked this post:
eman88 (07-16-20)
Old 12-09-17, 07:22 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
I let the dealers wash all my cars, they are just cars after all. Can’t let the car OWN you.
This^^^. They've always done a superb job hand washing all 3 of our Lexus vehicles. Spring/Summer I drop the F off for wash only almost EVERY time after driving it (drive it usually once or twice a month) as I can't let it sit dirty. Much easier for me to drop it off with them than to take time out myself to wash it... doesn't make economical sense in my case and they always do an excellent job IMO.
But then to, all dealerships are different. Johnson Lexus in Raleigh has a high end LARGE wash facility external of their service bays and dedicated washers, etc. Makes me feel a lil more comfortable, lol.

V.
Old 12-13-17, 05:23 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

Back to the topic of brakes. We will work very quickly for a solution to this for LC owners. Contact us for updates, I will post in this thread as we get closer. Anyone local, go ahead and contact us if you would like to participate in testing.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions

Quick Reply: Brakes